• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Divas working out, getting healthy, and looking fine in '09!!

I might weigh in, but I won't know if I lost anything the last couple of days because I forgot to weigh myself first before I started my diet. That's probably not a good thing to forget when you're trying to lose weight. :goodvibes
:rotfl2: Well, you can use tomorrow's weight as a starting point and then I'll make sure to remind you every Friday. :thumbsup2

:yay: (DS5 asked me to put that on there)
One of my favorites! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

QUOTE OF THE DAY...

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
Jim Rohn

Weight last Friday: Not taken
Weight today: 144 lbs
Miles Run Last Week: 16 miles
Other exercise: Weights (2 times); Light swimming

Goals for the week: Run 17 miles, Eat well, Stress less and Enjoy the little things in life!

Good Morning.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 173. Since I didn't weigh myself before I started my diet, and since I thought I weighed around 175 (or maybe a little more) when I started, I feel pretty darn good about 173.:rotfl:

Weight today: 173
Miles Run: seriously? :scared1:
Miles Walked: not good, maybe 4. I will be improving this next week.
Other Exercise: does vacuuming count?....it makes me sweat, so I thought I would ask. Or how about chasing after kids and going up and down our stairs about 50 times a day?:goodvibes

Good morning ladies!!!!!

It's weigh in day!! Good luck to everyone! And great job to those of you who have lost!! Keep it up!

My weight last week was: (are you sitting down?????) 243.4 lbs.

Which is actually down 20 lbs from the 263 I was in mid May believe it or not. I don't mind posting my weight because most of you already saw me (or at least saw pics of me) on the Girls Trip so it's not like I can hide it!! LOL

My weight today: 239

A loss of 4 lbs. :)

My goals for this week are to lose another 2 lbs, continue to trade the diet soda for water (blech!), and use my workout DVD once a day for at least 4 days.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! We can do this!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Just think how hot we are all going to look in March on the next Disneyland trip!! :smokin: And this time it WON'T be from the weather!!! :lmao: ;)

Congrats, Beth!:cool1: 4lbs is awesome!
I won't be weighing in until tomorrow because my fruit flush ends today. I've hated it SO much. I was at the movies yesterday and I saw everyone eating pizza, burgers, popcorn, EVERYTHING I COULDN'T HAVE!:headache: But I did not succumb to temptation! Hopefully I'll have lost about 5lbs since I started in June.

Congrats on everyone else's weight ins, seemed like a nice surprise.

Cristabel, good for you on resisting!!! Going to the movies is so hard! I love the hot, buttered popcorn. popcorn:: Very impressive that you were able to stick with it. :thumbsup2

Cristabel, good for you on resisting!!! Going to the movies is so hard! I love the hot, buttered popcorn. popcorn:: Very impressive that you were able to stick with it. :thumbsup2

It was really hard because I had to stop eating around 6pm but around 8:30p I had to have an apple. So I felt like I was starving around 11:30 waiting for the movie to start. My sister, her DBF, and I agreed that the next midnight showing we saw, we would be thinner and be able to enjoy our food!

Just think how hot we are all going to look in March on the next Disneyland trip!! :smokin: And this time it WON'T be from the weather!!! :lmao: ;)

:rotfl2:

Wow Beth, you've lost 24 pounds total, and 4 pounds just this last week?!?! That's totally awesome girl!:cheer2: :woohoo:

I'm so glad that we have this thread. I've always experienced losing weight as an individual struggle, but you know, in the last few days I've realized it really makes a difference having a support group of friends doing it with you.:thumbsup2

Good morning ladies!!!!!

Which is actually down 20 lbs from the 263 I was in mid May believe it or not. I don't mind posting my weight because most of you already saw me (or at least saw pics of me) on the Girls Trip so it's not like I can hide it!! LOL

My weight today: 239

A loss of 4 lbs. :)

My goals for this week are to lose another 2 lbs, continue to trade the diet soda for water (blech!), and use my workout DVD once a day for at least 4 days.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! We can do this!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

4 lbs this week and over 24 lbs total? You ROCK Beth!!:yay: :yay: :yay:
That is so so great! Congratulations!!

Yes, we will look hot for the next DL trip! Maybe we'll have to get bikinis instead of t-shirts. NOT. Haven't ever worn a bikini and just don't think I ever will. :scared1:

Good Morning.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 173. Since I didn't weigh myself before I started my diet, and since I thought I weighed around 175 (or maybe a little more) when I started, I feel pretty darn good about 173.:rotfl:
Other Exercise: does vacuuming count?....it makes me sweat, so I thought I would ask. Or how about chasing after kids and going up and down our stairs about 50 times a day?:goodvibes

Congrats on the 2+lbs! And YES chasing kids counts as exercising. Vacuuming, well I suppose that depends on what brand of vacuum you were using and how hilly the floors were ;)

I was at the movies yesterday and I saw everyone eating pizza, burgers, popcorn, EVERYTHING I COULDN'T HAVE!:headache: But I did not succumb to temptation!

Good job! It's so hard to go to the movies without getting a treat. Sometimes I just have to sneak my own light popcorn in with me or I'll succumb.

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep up the good work! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I have my longest run yet tomorrow - 1 hour and 15 minutes. Today is a rest day.

:rotfl2:

Wow Beth, you've lost 24 pounds total, and 4 pounds just this last week?!?! That's totally awesome girl!:cheer2: :woohoo:

I'm so glad that we have this thread. I've always experienced losing weight as an individual struggle, but you know, in the last few days I've realized it really makes a difference having a support group of friends doing it with you.:thumbsup2
Thanks.

And I'm really glad too! I think having that support can make a huge difference. When you've got people who are struggling the same as you and can cheer for you when you do well, or kick your butt back into gear when your struggling, it really makes a difference. :)

My sister, her DBF, and I agreed that the next midnight showing we saw, we would be thinner and be able to enjoy our food!
What a great way to use positive thinking as a way to keep from giving in!! Great job!!

4 lbs this week and over 24 lbs total? You ROCK Beth!!:yay: :yay: :yay:
That is so so great! Congratulations!!

Yes, we will look hot for the next DL trip! Maybe we'll have to get bikinis instead of t-shirts. NOT. Haven't ever worn a bikini and just don't think I ever will. :scared1:
Bikinis?!?!?!? :scared1: :lmao: OMG, I have not worn a bikini since I was about 19 or 20. I could lose 100 lbs and this body would still not be bikini ready. Not after 4 kids. :rotfl2:

Good luck on your run tomorrow!!!! You can do it!
5.gif
:cheer2:

Quote for the weekend:

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

Goal for the weekend:
Avoid parking.

Beth--I love that running smiley ball! I want her in my sig :rotfl:

Good Morning!
It's Weigh in Time!

This is my 2nd weigh since I started exercising and after completing the 3-day fruit flush. I wasn't expecting a big change so I didn't get my hopes up. After fixing the settings, I stepped on, and.....and....and.....

:banana::woohoo::thumbsup2I lost 7lbs!:cool1::dance3:

Quote for the weekend:

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

Goal for the weekend:
Avoid parking.

Beth--I love that running smiley ball! I want her in my sig :rotfl:
OMG, I love that quote!!! And ain't that the truth!!!!!!! I think my goal is too avoid parking too, especially since I was never very good at it. ;)

They have a lot of fun exercising smilies on www.bestsmileys.com :thumbsup2

Ran five miles. Tired. Grumpy. Ankle/heal hurts. But I did it! :woohoo:
That is awesome!!!!!! You go girl!!! :worship:

Good Morning!
It's Weigh in Time!

This is my 2nd weigh since I started exercising and after completing the 3-day fruit flush. I wasn't expecting a big change so I didn't get my hopes up. After fixing the settings, I stepped on, and.....and....and.....

:banana::woohoo::thumbsup2I lost 7lbs!:cool1::dance3:

WOW! :yay: Way to go Cristabel!!! :yay:

Hi gals! I just thought I'd share what I had for lunch. It was really good imo, and I'll definitely be making it again. No cooking required either!!

It's sort of like a Taco Salad:

6 Tostitos Light Chips, broken up on a plate = 90 cal.
Top that with 1/2 a cup Hormel Vegetarian Chili w/ beans (heated) = 90 cal.
Then sprinkle 1/3 cup Weight Watchers Mexican style cheese over the warm chili to melt it a little = 80 cal.
Top with shredded lettuce (I buy the little bag of pre-shredded lettuce) = the calories for that are minimal, I think like 15 for a whole cup
Add 2 tbsp. light sour cream = 40 cal.
And 2 tbsp. salsa = 10 cal.

Total cal. = 325

It was really good, and surprisingly filling. I like it because with the spicyness of the chili and salsa it feels like you are cheating. Plus I love just about anything with cheese and sour cream. And the chips give it just the right amount of crunch without adding too many calories.

You can also add chopped tomatoes when you add the lettuce if you want, but I don't.
The best part is my kids, well the girls, like this too. And it's super easy without having to cook.

Hope you're all doing good today!! :cheer2:

Hi gals! May I join in?

I am trying to get rid of 25-30 pounds that have been around since I had kids. They are 5 and 7 now... so I think it is about time to make the pounds go.

I was a 4 or 6 dress size (8 - 10 pants) into my thirties. I was starting to gain a little weight prior to kids... but after the kids - the weight just stayed on. I am now wearing 12-14.

I decided I would make a change when I turned 40. I was walking a lot - and when I upped to 3 miles - I came down with a pretty bad case of planter fasciitis. I am still trying to work through the condition.

I have NEVER liked to exercise, but I am at a point that I want to be healthy. We purchased a Wii Fit and I am trying to do at least a half hour on it daily. After nearly two weeks of exercising daily and watching what I eat (not a specific diet) I am down about 2 pounds.

The one thing I am noticing is I am already seeing a bit of a change in my blood pressure. It has already gone from borderline high normal to normal. This may have also been helped my my walking at least 3 days a week for the past 5 months. I wasn't checking my blood pressure as often at the start.

That's all I can think of for now.

Hi Blue! We'd love to have you join us!! The more the merrier. And the more support the better!!! :thumbsup2

I don't like to exercise either. Ugh, hate it in fact. But as we all know, it's gotta be done if we want to be healthy and hot! ;)

Sound like you are doing great with the Wii Fit. Those seem to be really popular. And good for you on losing the 2 lbs!!! :cheer2: That's a great start. I bet it feels good to know your blood pressure is getting better as well.

Right now my kids are working hard at raising mine......:rolleyes: Gotta love summer. LOL
Anyway, welcome aboard! :yay:

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. My official start day is tomorrow for my "official" healthier life. . .had to get through this week and get my refrigerator replaced as it was on the fritz. Sooooo, since I needed a new fridge, I decided to fill it with the "right stuff" to keep me on track. . .

Congrats to everyone on a successful week. . .

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. My official start day is tomorrow for my "official" healthier life. . .had to get through this week and get my refrigerator replaced as it was on the fritz. Sooooo, since I needed a new fridge, I decided to fill it with the "right stuff" to keep me on track. . .

Congrats to everyone on a successful week. . .
Good idea! It makes it so much easier to keep healthy items on hand. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter