Disneyland Divas working out, getting healthy, and looking fine in '09!!

I've been falling off the other side of the health/diet issue and not eating enough. I don't mean to do it, but it happens everytime I go on a diet. I slip down this slope everytime! UGH!:headache:

I try to find something to eat, but then nothing looks good or sounds good, and then I end up eating nothing.

Does this happen to anyone else?:confused3
Not this time, but I did something like that after the twins were born. Obviously I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant with them. I was at my heaviest right before I delivered: 294.
Then I had them and I wasn't eating much because I was busy with 2 newborns, a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old!! LOL So I'd often miss meals and when I did remember to eat, there wasn't anything I wanted. I just wasn't interested or hungry.

Well, the result of that not eating, combined with delivering the twins was a big weight loss. I went from the 294 down to 245 in about 2 months!!!! :eek:

It was great. :rotfl: So I kept not eating or eating very little and went down to around 238. Then my appetite kicked back in and I got into a routine with the kids, and I started eating more......and more........and more.....

And before I knew it I was back up to almost 260. :sad2: Which is where I've pretty much stayed for the last 8 years. I'd lose some and gain some, but always end up back around 263 which is where I was in May when I started this. (also what I was on the ladies trip btw)

So what have I learned from all that??? You must eat. You simply must. Even now sometimes I feel like skipping breakfast and I force myself to eat something. Even if it's just a yogurt.

What do you like to eat? What are your favorite foods?
Sit down and make a list of everything you like, healthy or not. Then cut out the really bad choices like hot fudge sundaes or whatever. Then go through the list and see what's left.

Obviously fruits and veges are a good thing, so keep those. Then see how you can modify what's left to fit into your new healthy eating. Then go shopping! Keep all kinds of your favorite foods in your kitchen.

I'd even try making a menu out for the next few days so it's a no brainer. When you walk into the kitchen you can pull out your menu and look at what you are going to have for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner that day.

But if you don't eat, and start losing too fast, I'm afraid it will all come back on and then some. Right? I mean you said this happens everytime you go on a diet, so clearly this isn't the way to go. Not for long term success which I know is what we are all looking for.
The best way is to do it slowly and surely all while still eating some of the foods you enjoy.

Now make that list and go shopping!!! :rotfl: :cheer2:

I've been falling off the other side of the health/diet issue and not eating enough. I don't mean to do it, but it happens everytime I go on a diet. I slip down this slope everytime! UGH!:headache:

I try to find something to eat, but then nothing looks good or sounds good, and then I end up eating nothing.

Does this happen to anyone else?:confused3

I don't have this problem, I must say! :rotfl:

But, actually, I have been putting some effort into shopping and getting the right foods in the house for me to eat. And for dinner, the whole family is on the high fiber, low fat, low carb kind of diet. I've really been trying to cook well for everyone and fortunately, my DH is on board. The DSs are never keen to eat dinner anyway (unless it's pizza or hot dogs), so might as well be a struggle to get them to eat healthy food. I've been having grilled chicken, ground turkey spaghetti or chili, chicken stir fry with veggies and brown rice, wheat pastas, corn on the cob, steamed veggies at meals. This has just been two weeks now, but so far so good. Kids and husband typically have more carbs than I have and margarine on their veggies, etc...but otherwise, we are all eating the same. And there just aren't any sweets in the house other than sugar free pudding and jello. I wasn't crazy about having kids eat sugar free stuff, but I must admit that they are doing a lot less bouncing off the walls before bed time when their dessert is sugar free. And I hope that one small serving of sugar free stuff a day isn't so bad.

Right now I'm focused more on eating healthy and getting healthy and bringing in better foods for the whole family. Ideas for healthy dinners are welcome!

Right now I'm focused more on eating healthy and getting healthy and bringing in better foods for the whole family. Ideas for healthy dinners are welcome!

Jennifer: that is what I am doing too.

Ok, here's what I had for lunch yesterday and it was so good I thought I'd share--a couple of days ago I grilled some salmon with veggies--onions, zucchini and also some pineapple (LOVE grilled pineapple!) So I had leftovers. I cut it up in bite size pieces and mixed it all up with mixed greens--including spinach--and about 1/4 c. of cooked couscous. And then used a little bit of that dressing Beth mentioned--the Kraft Light Toasted Asian Sesame--it was so delicious!!! Really yummy! I think it would be even better if the fish and veggies/fruit were HOT off the grill so am going to try that soon too.

Oh, and when my friends were here last week I made this wonderful Spinach Citrus Salad that I saw on the Sandra Lee show. We had it with grilled steak. I'll post the recipe when I get home.

Steve and I went to Costco last night and bought tons of fruit and veggies--my Mom recently bought me (not even out of the box) one of those "Magic Bullet" blenders so I'm hoping to make some fruit and veggie smoothies to maybe have for dinner some night in lieu of "food"--especially on a hot night.

Oh, and I don't do well with breakfast foods (plus they tend to be fattening) so I'm always on the lookout for something to eat alternative for breakfast, and given the bypass surgery need protein. Last night (in the refrig. section) we found these chicken burgers that have spinach (and I think artichokes) in them--each patty is 260 calories--but we ate them with some berries, so not too bad. The fat is a little high--14 g.--but I figure it will balance out if I eat lower fat food the rest of the day. These things were absolutely fantastic! They have 29 g. of protein!

Oh, and I also love the shrimp wonton soup in the frozen section. I love broth-based soups so this is wonderful (and something I can take to work and microwave). Pretty low cal too.

Well, I am really interested in losing some wait and building my stamina, but I've been so busy, i haven't had tome to get on this board or do much about it.
A little about me:
I started running a childcare center in my home at age 22. I was always very ative with the kids, taking them on daily walks, swimming, taking them to Great America for the day. However, I also ate with them on a daily basis. Do you know how easy it is to eat a whole role of Ritz crackers? Too easy. At my largest, I was a size 16. Last Christmas, my jeans were size 12, and now I'm back to a 14.
So here I am at 36, starting a new Personal Chef business, and I need to lose about 50 pounds. I'm now on my feet all day, and I'm around food all day! We're also working on a line of candy, and it is very tempting!!!!!!!
I'm really hoping to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I've been going on some good bike rides, but usually only on the weekends. I'm really not a swimmer, but I have been "running" laps in the pool. It is surprisingly hard work, and seems to be good exercise. I think I'd like to join a water arobics class in the fall.
I was also on my back most of last summer with a really bad case of sciatica, so I'm very, very nervous about hurting my back!

OK, that is me. I haven't weighed myself in forever because I'm too scared! I would weigh in this Friday, But we are leaving around 6 am for a weekend quicky to DLR! If I remember, I'll weigh myself before. Hopefully all of the walking around the park with counteract the corn dog I'm planning on eating!

Sorry for the long-windedness of this post, but I am excited to get ont he ball and get healthy! I think the support of the group will really help.

Tina

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I lurked on a couple of other WISH sites, but since they were well established I was shy about joining. I would really love to join this group.

A little about myself: Like a few of you I have never been a "thin" person. I guess its been since elementary school that I remember being one of the chunkier girls in the class. Jr. High and High School I went past chunky to heavy and then after I married my high school sweetheart I gained another 50lbs in 6 months! After a couple of years baby #1 and another 40lbs. Two more years and a bunch more pounds. I keep telling everyone I'm trying to lose my baby weight (too bad my "babies" are 21 and 18). I joined WW back in 2004 and lost 50lbs in 2 years. Then I stalled and have been within the same 10lbs for the last 2 years. My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next May with a 7 day trip to WDW and then a 7 day cruise and I am determined to drop 2 dress sizes before we leave so I will look fantastic in our pictures.

I've been going to WW meetings this entire time (which is what probably has kept me from gaining all the weight back) and have flopped between the core and flex plan. I do really well during the day, but in the evenings I cruise the kitchen cabinates WAY too much. I started doing research for the May trip and found the WISH boards. I've been glued to the computer in the evenings and have been staying away from the kitchen. Sometimes being a couch potato pays off.

Also, I HATE to exercise. I know it is something that I need to do to lose the weight but I really have to force myself to do it. Last week I did the treadmill twice and on the weekend I tried Pilates for the first time and while I wouldn't wake up and say "Woo Hoo I'm going to work out" it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was actually a little sore the next day so I know I was working some muscles.

Boy I didn't mean to be this long winded, maybe this is a little like group therapy. I'm really looking forward to all the tips and tricks.

Well, I am really interested in losing some wait and building my stamina, but I've been so busy, i haven't had tome to get on this board or do much about it.
A little about me:
I started running a childcare center in my home at age 22. I was always very ative with the kids, taking them on daily walks, swimming, taking them to Great America for the day. However, I also ate with them on a daily basis. Do you know how easy it is to eat a whole role of Ritz crackers? Too easy. At my largest, I was a size 16. Last Christmas, my jeans were size 12, and now I'm back to a 14.
So here I am at 36, starting a new Personal Chef business, and I need to lose about 50 pounds. I'm now on my feet all day, and I'm around food all day! We're also working on a line of candy, and it is very tempting!!!!!!!
I'm really hoping to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I've been going on some good bike rides, but usually only on the weekends. I'm really not a swimmer, but I have been "running" laps in the pool. It is surprisingly hard work, and seems to be good exercise. I think I'd like to join a water arobics class in the fall.
I was also on my back most of last summer with a really bad case of sciatica, so I'm very, very nervous about hurting my back!

OK, that is me. I haven't weighed myself in forever because I'm too scared! I would weigh in this Friday, But we are leaving around 6 am for a weekend quicky to DLR! If I remember, I'll weigh myself before. Hopefully all of the walking around the park with counteract the corn dog I'm planning on eating!

Sorry for the long-windedness of this post, but I am excited to get ont he ball and get healthy! I think the support of the group will really help.

Tina
Tina, thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad to see you pop in. We're here whenever you need us.

20 lbs by Christmas is very doable. And it sounds like the water running you are doing is really going to help with that. They say water exercises are the least stressful on your body so that would be good if you are worried about hurting your back.

Have fun at DL this week-end. :)

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I lurked on a couple of other WISH sites, but since they were well established I was shy about joining. I would really love to join this group.

A little about myself: Like a few of you I have never been a "thin" person. I guess its been since elementary school that I remember being one of the chunkier girls in the class. Jr. High and High School I went past chunky to heavy and then after I married my high school sweetheart I gained another 50lbs in 6 months! After a couple of years baby #1 and another 40lbs. Two more years and a bunch more pounds. I keep telling everyone I'm trying to lose my baby weight (too bad my "babies" are 21 and 18). I joined WW back in 2004 and lost 50lbs in 2 years. Then I stalled and have been within the same 10lbs for the last 2 years. My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next May with a 7 day trip to WDW and then a 7 day cruise and I am determined to drop 2 dress sizes before we leave so I will look fantastic in our pictures.

I've been going to WW meetings this entire time (which is what probably has kept me from gaining all the weight back) and have flopped between the core and flex plan. I do really well during the day, but in the evenings I cruise the kitchen cabinates WAY too much. I started doing research for the May trip and found the WISH boards. I've been glued to the computer in the evenings and have been staying away from the kitchen. Sometimes being a couch potato pays off.

Also, I HATE to exercise. I know it is something that I need to do to lose the weight but I really have to force myself to do it. Last week I did the treadmill twice and on the weekend I tried Pilates for the first time and while I wouldn't wake up and say "Woo Hoo I'm going to work out" it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was actually a little sore the next day so I know I was working some muscles.

Boy I didn't mean to be this long winded, maybe this is a little like group therapy. I'm really looking forward to all the tips and tricks.

Hi Jane! We'd love to have you join us!! Thanks for sharing your story. It's not always easy to do but sometimes just putting it out there helps hold us accountable.

Your trip next May sounds awesome!! What a great incentive!! I know you can do it and you'll be looking hot on that cruise!! :thumbsup2

I hate to exercise too. :sad2: But it sounds like you are doing pretty good. Baby steps right??

We can do this!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hello!
Today was an okay day until....I ate a cupcake and two chocolate chip cookies and half of a hazelnut iced coffee from McD's:sad2:
The good thing is that I *think* I stayed in my calorie range. I did go to the gym today and did my 3 miles and I burned the same amount of calories as the chocolate chip cookies and hazelnut iced coffee:thumbsup2

Interesting thing I realized today, whenever I eat something unhealthy I get sick to my stomach. It's a good incentive for me not to eat those bad things because I hate that feeling. I was feeling a bit nauseous about 2.5 hours ago and I decided to suck it up and go to the gym. Well it turns out that exercise got rid of the nauseousness! My mom says it was because I was sitting down too long. That has never happened! It's cool though because that means my body is changing its approach to food:goodvibes

That's all for tonight, good night!

Cristabel, good job running 3 miles! :thumbsup2

grizbuzz, what a great quote!

Cheryl, welcome and be sure to let us know the results of the R.A. test.

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your story. Let's find those Wii's!! Wouldn't it be fun to work out and keep track with that? We could challenge each other too! And... no way, I just looked and you're in Roseville too?! Ok, just so ya know, the Wal Mart on Pleasant Grove did not have any Wii's as of today, lol. I'm going to call a bunch of places tomorrow and see if anyone in the area has any in stock.

Beth, you are such an awesome encourager. Thank you!! :hug:

So I didn't end up doing any formal exercise today. Turns out it was an extremely busy day running around doing errands, looking at houses, and finishng it off with grocery shopping. At least I was up and around. That's a LOT more activity than I've been getting lately (the baby and the insomnia have been keeping me pretty housebound - too tired to go out or do anything).

I commit to doing more tomorrow than today in the way of moving and getting exercise. :jumping3:

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your story. Let's find those Wii's!! Wouldn't it be fun to work out and keep track with that? We could challenge each other too! And... no way, I just looked and you're in Roseville too?! Ok, just so ya know, the Wal Mart on Pleasant Grove did not have any Wii's as of today, lol. I'm going to call a bunch of places tomorrow and see if anyone in the area has any in stock.

I can totally see us fighting in the aisle of a store for the only copy of Wii Fit that they have. :rotfl:

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart! Just to let you know the Target in West Sacramento doesn't have it either, because I know you're just dying to go to West Sac. anyways. :lmao:

We WILL find those WiiFit's! :goodvibes

Welcome Tina! :cheer2:

Welcome Jane! :cheer2:

So who's signing up for the Kick the Couch 5k in October? Any takers? :woohoo:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
David Viscott

And thanks Cheryl for the healthy meal ideas. Keep them coming!

Hi everyone!

Hi Jane--and Welcome! Your 25th Trip sounds like it's going to be a blast and what a great incentive.

A question--I haven't been on WW in years--what is the difference between the "core" and "flex" plans? (Jennifer--maybe you can chime in too?)

Cheryl--

Re. your question on Flex versus Core.

I may be a little rusty on Flex as I haven't done it for a while. As I remember, with Flex you get an allotted amount of points for the day with some extra weekly points which you can use as you wish. You can eat what you want until your daily points are gone and user your "extra" flex points for the week as you decide. Additional points are earned from exercise.

The core is WW take on Atkins/South Beach. I'll quote WW online site for description:

On the Core Plan, you lose weight by eating foods from one simple list and
monitoring your body’s hunger signals. There’s no required tracking or counting. Here are the key things you’ll learn in this guide:

Eat from the Core Food List
When you follow the Core Plan, you can eat until you’re satisfied from a list of wholesome, nutritious foods from all food groups. The foods are low in energy density, meaning they’re more filling, and you’ll consume fewer calories. (More on energy density later.)

Know your Comfort Zone
After some practice, you’ll find your personal Comfort Zone, which measures how full or hungry you are throughout the day. The Core Plan teaches you to recognize and respond to your body’s signals of hunger and satisfaction.

Use your weekly POINTS® Allowance for non-Core Foods
You get a weekly POINTS Allowance of 35 to spend on non-Core Foods that add the variety you need for lasting weight loss. So don’t worry that you’ll never get to eat your favorite foods again.

Follow the 8 Good Health Guidelines
By sticking to our health guidelines, you’ll get the nutrients you’ll need while following the plan.

I'm doing Core now and I really like it as it is helping me to change the way I eat for the better. Before I was losing weight, but didn't feel like I was making the best choices in what I was eating. Core provides a list of healthy foods to eat, but gives a bit of flexibility to have treats now and again.

Hope that helps.

I can totally see us fighting in the aisle of a store for the only copy of Wii Fit that they have. :rotfl:
:lmao: Hmmm, I wonder, would that count as exercise? :scratchin

Well, it would certainly be entertaining anyway. popcorn::

Good luck finding it ladies! And how cool that you are both in Roseville!
You know what I've got going in my head right now don't ya? Come on, you know the words:

It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world.

And it will be even smaller once we lose this weight!!!! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

Have a great day everyone!!

:lmao: Hmmm, I wonder, would that count as exercise? :scratchin

Well, it would certainly be entertaining anyway. popcorn::

Good luck finding it ladies! And how cool that you are both in Roseville!
You know what I've got going in my head right now don't ya? Come on, you know the words:

It's a small, small world.

And it will be even smaller once we lose this weight!!!! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

Have a great day everyone!!

ROFL!!! :lmao:

Well Wendy, I checked all the stores in our area today (both WalMarts in Roseville, both Targets, Best Buy, both Game Stops, all three EB Games, and Game Crazy) and I got a big goose egg.

Bascially, they never know when they're going to come in so they recommend that people just keep checking each day. Oy. But I'm def'ly going to try!

ROFL!!! :lmao:

Well Wendy, I checked all the stores in our area today (both WalMarts in Roseville, both Targets, Best Buy, both Game Stops, all three EB Games, and Game Crazy) and I got a big goose egg.

Bascially, they never know when they're going to come in so they recommend that people just keep checking each day. Oy. But I'm def'ly going to try!

I tried Target Greatland and Best Buy this morning. I have never in my life seen so many Wii's, but heaven forbid they actually have WiiFit. I really don't like going into or calling the Gamestop that's in the Target parking lot, so I'm glad you did!

I sure am getting a lot of exercise going from store to store! And I can only imagine the exercise when we have a smack-down in aisle 10! :rotfl:

If I find a place that has them, I'll definitely let you know!

Hope everyone is having a great day and getting some exercise! :yay: (It looks like he is doing jumping jacks!)

Bleh! Bad day today. It started out fine and went fine all day until this evening. I had my good dinner and then for some stupid reason I went and picked at all my kids plates and finished up what they didn't eat. :sad2:
Then to make matters worse, I picked even more when I was making Ruben's dinner. :rolleyes:

So here we are, just 2 days away from weigh in day and I'm sabotaging myself!! :mad:

(sigh) Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow will be better. Just gotta get right back on track and keep plugging away.

Hopefully I'll still lose at least a pound or two on Friday.

Hope ya'll had a better day then I did!! :wizard:

Bleh! Bad day today. It started out fine and went fine all day until this evening. I had my good dinner and then for some stupid reason I went and picked at all my kids plates and finished up what they didn't eat. :sad2:
Then to make matters worse, I picked even more when I was making Ruben's dinner. :rolleyes:

So here we are, just 2 days away from weigh in day and I'm sabotaging myself!! :mad:

(sigh) Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow will be better. Just gotta get right back on track and keep plugging away.

Hopefully I'll still lose at least a pound or two on Friday.

Hope ya'll had a better day then I did!! :wizard:

The same thing happened to me. I totally sabotaged myself with food! I was doing really good until dinner. My mom decided she wanted to take me out to Claim Jumper's and lets just say I didn't make the best of choices for my dinner. I did do a lot of walking today though.

Hope everyone else is doing better then me too today!

I just might "accidentally" lose my scale this week. :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for the great welcome!

Cheryl - Grizbuzz explained the WW program really well. With flex you have to do a calculation to find out how many points you get per day. It used to be a flat "if you are this height and you get this many points per day" now it is more calculated on what you weigh, activity level, etc. I've done both the flex and core. I really was leary of the core program, mostly because not knowing when to stop eating is one of my big issues. I can continue to munch long after I'm satisfied. I'm pretty much following the flex plan but REALLY watching my carbs. I hate to admit it but I've noticed when I cut back I drop the lbs. Eat a full serving of pasta and bread and its a guaranteed 2lb gain almost overnight.

MommyLove - I just noticed your next trip to DL is September 12. I'm going on a mini-girls only trip on the 11th. I won a couple of free nights at a hotel so we decided to leave the husbands/kids at home. We even have a DL first-timer with us! If you see three women acting like teenagers, come over and say HI.

MommyU4 - Do NOT beat yourself up for one evening. Promise yourself that you will do a little more exercise tomorrow. I know where you are coming from. I did really well today (mostly because I was in back to back meetings) but then came home and after a nice healthy steak salad I picked up a nectarine, 2 granola bars, popcorn and a skinny cow before I finally stopped myself. We did take a walk tonight, but I'm GOING to the gym tomorrow and get back on the dreaded treadmill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter