Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

@nekonekoneko Will you please add me to the 5K and hoping for Coast to Coast as well? I added the 5K later on after getting in for Dumbo.

@jennamfeo I will never forget the day after my first half marathon which was at Disneyland in 2011. I was sore all over including muscles that I didn't know could be sore. I was moving, but very slowly. While in line for a medal photo with Chip and Dale I marveled at seeing runners with their Coast to Coast medals and the Goofy medal. I could not begin to fathom running one mile that day let alone 26.2 based on how sore I was.

I have not run the Disneyland Half Marathon itself since 2012 although I ran all 3 Star Wars Rebel Challenges and Avengers 2017 after that 2012 race. I still can't quite believe that I went from how in the world did I manage to finish one half marathon to being Dopey in 2019, 2020, 2022, and 2023. What a unbelievable journey it's been.

Okay hotels... I called up Disney and decided to book paradise pier, all the other prices are so high it now seems more reasonable. And I really just like being in a Disney hotel. I am hoping paradise pier will mostly be done with their redo and the lady I booked with even suggested putting in a room request for their new refurbished rooms. So yeah.

@nekonekoneko Will you please add me to the 5K and hoping for Coast to Coast as well? I added the 5K later on after getting in for Dumbo.

Done!

Thank you @nekonekoneko

Really excited to finally be able to participate in one of these giant marathon weekend threads!

Oh you're welcome! I want to give a shoutout to @DopeyBadger , @FFigawi and @Herding_Cats for their efforts in their running and race megathreads! I thought we needed one for the west coast, and, well, here we are!

I booked on the other side of Harbor, at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. I've been stalking prices since booking, just to see if something better comes along. There's only one room type left, a 2 queen studio. Before I went to dinner with my wife, it was $301/night. Coming back from dinner, it's now $305/night! That's rack, before any discounts.

Now I don't know if they haven't released their entire inventory, and preying on FOMO, or if everything legitimately is booked. But that's rather baffling.

Regarding Disneyland hotel…I’m not sure if it matters, but when I called this morning I was connected to multiple people before being sent to a different phone number for RunDisney participants. I paid $499/night for 3 of us in a standard room. Phone number I called was 714-520-5050
Looking at mine more closely, it was $449 before taxes & fees for 1/10, then the next 3 nights are $499 before taxes and fees. The average of $525/night includes taxes & fees.

I booked on the other side of Harbor, at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. I've been stalking prices since booking, just to see if something better comes along. There's only one room type left, a 2 queen studio. Before I went to dinner with my wife, it was $301/night. Coming back from dinner, it's now $305/night! That's rack, before any discounts.

Now I don't know if they haven't released their entire inventory, and preying on FOMO, or if everything legitimately is booked. But that's rather baffling.
The BWAI is tiny, a whopping 88 total rooms! I imagine they likely hold some inventory back but I doubt when released it will be any cheaper. I have stayed at the BWPPI a few times and rates never got cheaper when I checked back, I never booked quite 11 months in advance but given the race I can't imagine they would feel any need to lower rates given the demand. I paid 215/night before fees at the Anaheim Inn in summer 2021 for reference, 305 is a big jump but 2021 was also pretty low crowds given the pandemic.

Edit: It looks like BWPPI rates for sure shot up since a week or two ago, now it is showing 363/night before fees for AAA. I forget what it was last I looked, just remember it was higher than I wanted to pay, I think it was more in the realm of 325 though. It will be interesting to watch the rates these next months.

A couple more data points. Using my corporate rate (about 20%) I booked HoJo and Wyndham Anaheim a few weeks ago. In the last week or so, HoJo rates for my room went up by about $12/night, but they did not go up any more today. The Wyndham Anaheim however is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than a few weeks ago. A week ago it went up about $30/night from what I paid, and today the cheapest room I booked is no longer available for my corporate rate and the next closest room is $100/night more than I paid. Even if you do not have a corporate rate, if you are booking HoJo/Wyndham there are a ton of 15% influencer/travel agent codes out there that are a bit better than the AAA rate. I will continue to monitor. I'm not sure which I'll keep, the HoJo is closer but the Wyndham rate I got is less than $1,000 total for four nights, and is $300 cheaper than Hojo. The AAA rate at Wyndham is now $1,600 total, phew!!! May be artificially high due to demand today, time will tell. I know Marriott plays this game, with the Swan/Dolphin rates at WDW being $400/night one day and $650/night the next.

Last edited:
I booked the other day at the Best Western Park Place Inn to be right at the crosswalk. I have stayed at the Park Vue Inn next door for race weekends before and really like it, but when I checked, there was no availability.

In 2017, the last time I did a Disneyland race, they had the Esplanade open to walk through to the start area. I am presuming they will have this option again for all the people staying on Harbor and the surrounding area on the east side of the parks.

Finally home from school and it being conferences tonight. Busy day! I got in on the 10k!!! I'm so excited!! I had firefox and chrome open on our school wifi with waits "over an hour", and I had my iPhone on safari on cellular and had a wait of 50 minutes, that pretty quickly (in like 10 min or so), went down to 2 min, then right in. I already booked rooms at Best Western Park Place Inn (no deposit and cancellable) and room rates are $40 more than when I booked last week.

Finally home from school and it being conferences tonight. Busy day! I got in on the 10k!!! I'm so excited!! I had firefox and chrome open on our school wifi with waits "over an hour", and I had my iPhone on safari on cellular and had a wait of 50 minutes, that pretty quickly (in like 10 min or so), went down to 2 min, then right in. I already booked rooms at Best Western Park Place Inn (no deposit and cancellable) and room rates are $40 more than when I booked last week.

@nekonekoneko Can you add me to the list? 5k and DDD, C2C (hopefully, if I get a spot MW). Thanks! 🤗

I’m in for DDD and yoga. Planning on MW so I can get my C2C medal!

Ok, ladies, you're all on the list!

I had this marked on my calendar. Couldn’t register at home or I’d be late to work. Got to work early and at 7:15 it still wasn’t open but soon later it was. Waited about half hour to register. When it let me in I Forgot my password so that freaked me out but was able to get in the half.

I ran the 10k in 2015. So this will be my 2nd Disney run - this time the half marathon. Kinda bummed because back then for the villains theme race I came in 2nd for my age group- I think 9 or 10 overall- and got a pretty cool plaque mailed to me, but looks like they’re just doing top 3 overall awards now ??

Booked the Howard Johnson by Wyndham for like 320 but that was with using 80 Expedia points. Im staying at the DL hotel two nights for Christmas time a few weeks before the race so don’t want to really spend on hotel again three weeks later, but when I checked rates just for the heck of it - it only goes to Dec 31, 2023. I read some people here booked Disney properties for the race already, so do you just call for that ??

We’ll it’s still a year away but I’m excited. I like the banner too looks very retro reminds me of the 80s night look. Is there a “ theme” announced yet?

I had this marked on my calendar. Couldn’t register at home or I’d be late to work. Got to work early and at 7:15 it still wasn’t open but soon later it was. Waited about half hour to register. When it let me in I Forgot my password so that freaked me out but was able to get in the half.

I ran the 10k in 2015. So this will be my 2nd Disney run - this time the half marathon. Kinda bummed because back then for the villains theme race I came in 2nd for my age group- I think 9 or 10 overall- and got a pretty cool plaque mailed to me, but looks like they’re just doing top 3 overall awards now ??

Booked the Howard Johnson by Wyndham for like 320 but that was with using 80 Expedia points. Im staying at the DL hotel two nights for Christmas time a few weeks before the race so don’t want to really spend on hotel again three weeks later, but when I checked rates just for the heck of it - it only goes to Dec 31, 2023. I read some people here booked Disney properties for the race already, so do you just call for that ??

We’ll it’s still a year away but I’m excited. I like the banner too looks very retro reminds me of the 80s night look. Is there a “ theme” announced yet?
From the runDisney blog post:

The weekend’s theme, which celebrates classic, mid-century Disneyland nostalgia, features the following characters:

Goofy | Disneyland Yoga
Pluto | Disneyland 5K
Donald & Daisy | Disneyland 10K
Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse | Disneyland Half Marathon
Dumbo | Dumbo Double Dare
Chip ‘n’ Dale | runDisney Kids Races

Yes I booked disney properties by calling them. Yeah I booked 408 a night. Since all the hotels I was looking at that were not Disney were in the 300 to 900 range (Marriott why u soo high) I thought disney hotels prices now seem more reasonable. So might as well stay at a disney hotel and I hopefully get a new refurbished room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter