Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

June typically isn’t that hot. Hope I don’t jinx anything after saying that lol. But it’s usually June Gloom. Usually the heat will pick up in July. Then August, September, and October are hot.
I like hearing that! I’m intensely curious to see how next year is going to go. I was thinking last week of May/first week of June, but that puts us over Memorial Day and Grad Nights. I wonder if the reservation system will still be in place (yes, if WDW is our guide) and how that will affect Grad Nights.

Heat for sure. We went to our local botanic gardens this weekend when it was 95 degrees out, and it’s a dry heat, not humid at all. So so so many people had their masks off, dangling from an ear, or pulled down below their chins. Shade areas are plentiful at the gardens, but it was tricky in spots finding a place to rest and drink some water that was a good distance away from others. My family soldiered on, but I didn’t love it and it did make me question whether I really want to go to DL next June if it’s going to be hot and humid in a mask.

We wore our masks today from the beach to the car bc there are parts where you can’t social distance. It was “hot” today, even by the coast, and my daughter, who is in shape and active, was having a difficult time with the heat and the mask by the time we got back to the car. My youngest really has an issue with masks if she has to wear them for too long- she starts to hyperventilate. We have a trip booked 9/6 at the GCH and if we decide to go I have a feeling we’ll be at the pool for most of the trip. My kids do better with the surgical type masks with the loops tied, so we may try that tomorrow in the heat as a test. They just do not do well with the cloth masks.

Anybody else starting to lose hope that DLR will ever reopen? 😭 I know it will, but the anxiety of not having any information is getting worse the closer we get to our September trip date.

Anybody else starting to lose hope that DLR will ever reopen? 😭 I know it will, but the anxiety of not having any information is getting worse the closer we get to our September trip date.
Absolutely! Especially since the compliance is so low. I’m afraid that we will stay on this rollercoaster or not-so-high numbers and then really high numbers as a result from certain people’s actions due to the period of low numbers. I’m hoping Dtd is an example of how Disney can manage during these times.

I posted this on the Facemask Design and Style thread, but thought it was worth sharing my thoughts here too:

I have been closely watching the talk of gaiters.

I understand the posted requirement is ear loops, but that even the gaiter style WITH ear "slits" is not acceptable due to the fact that most (all?) gaiter style are only one layer.

If this is the true reasoning, then I think Disney needs to specifically say that "single layers of fabric are not acceptable" because quite honestly, I was sent a free "face covering" from a local company when I placed an order for something else, and it's literally a piece of t shirt material that was cut into a rough mask shape with a slit cut in either end to accommodate the wearer's ears. I mean, it fits Disney's rule of having ear loops but it's just a single layer of stretchy t shirt material!

I posted this on the Facemask Design and Style thread, but thought it was worth sharing my thoughts here too:

I have been closely watching the talk of gaiters.

I understand the posted requirement is ear loops, but that even the gaiter style WITH ear "slits" is not acceptable due to the fact that most (all?) gaiter style are only one layer.

If this is the true reasoning, then I think Disney needs to specifically say that "single layers of fabric are not acceptable"...
Also posted this on the Facemask thread:
The quote below from another board does have specific details from Disney about masks needing to be at least "two layers of breathable material." This information is for WDW, but I would expect to see this apply to DLR, too.

bluecruiser said:
Unfortunately single-layer masks do not meet Disney's requirements.
Disney World updated their face coverings requirements today. From this link:
Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
  • Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.

Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.

The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

Just booked a Southwest flight to DL in October. The price was good, and I can reschedule without penalty. I'm tempted to book the room, but I prefer to book everything in a package. With the parks being closed I can't buy tickets/fastpass yet. Should I book the room now to ensure availability when the parks open? If I do that, I can add tickets later - correct? I also want trip insurance, but can't get that without tickets. What to do? What to do? TIA
Have you looked at booking through Getawaytoday or another authorized vendor? They could book your room, your tickets at a discount (when they go on sale), and sell you peace of mind insurance. Just a thought.
Also, DL/DCA do not sell FPs. Regular/legacy FP is free and MP (FP from your smartphone with free PhotoPass) is $20/day per person. Disney has not said that FP/MP will be used during the reservation period when DL and DCA reopen.

I saw another post from @gelatoni fan (A guest who was at Hong Kong Disneyland has tested positive for the virus) which said that a guest who visited earlier this month, stayed at the hotel, and ate at a buffet, tested positive. Don't know if there was any outbreak directly related to that, but this is sad news, regardless.
Hong Kong is now in Wave #3 of COVID which is scary because they had strict measures in place. HK is shutting down a specific list of businesses for at least a week and reducing gatherings to only 4 people rather than 50.

Once HKDL confirms I think tdrexplorer will Tweet.

ETA: Here’s a tweet on Blog Mickey’s update:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter