Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I think mask compliance really varies by region. We live in urban San Diego and it is very, very rare to see people without masks. I even see runners wearing masks and it’s been freakin’ hot out! We went up to Big Bear last week. We stopped at Petco in Temecula to buy some poop bags for our dogs and there were several employees and customers wearing masks around their necks but not on their faces. We also passed a political corner rally with about 40 people holding candidate signs and encouraging people to honk their horns as they passed. Not one single mask in the group. Up in Big Bear, it was mixed. As we drove through town, we noticed quite a few people were walking around without masks on, even in crowds. On the other hand, we did a 6 hour wilderness hike and the handful of times we passed other people, everyone in our family and the party we were going to pass stopped, put on a mask, and proceeded forward passing each with faces covered. It was like unspoken trail etiquette.

I think Disneyland is going to have to be very, very strict about mask wearing. If they let a handful of people get away with not wearing masks, that handful of people will turn into a crowd. It’s much easier to enforce a rule when only a few people are breaking it. We are so anxious to go to Disneyland and might even make a trip up just to go to DTD and maybe stay in a hotel for a change in scenery. But I will not even bother unless they are strictly enforcing mask wearing.
I notice significantly more (but not perfect) compliance indoors than outdoors. It’s like people think being outdoors = automatic immunity. Our local zoo has a mandatory mask requirement and you have to click at least twice that you’ve read and understand the rules before you can reserve an entry time. And yet, I still see numerous people with masks hanging around their necks, placed under their noses, or dangling from an ear. The employees don’t say a word. I’m sure they’d like to avoid being spit on and don’t know which ones will put the mask back on and which ones will assault them, you know? I hope DL visitors are prepared and cooperative, and that Disney backs up their CMs in enforcing strict compliance, because they are going to have their work cut out for them.

I think mask compliance really varies by region. We live in urban San Diego and it is very, very rare to see people without masks. I even see runners wearing masks and it’s been freakin’ hot out! We went up to Big Bear last week. We stopped at Petco in Temecula to buy some poop bags for our dogs and there were several employees and customers wearing masks around their necks but not on their faces. We also passed a political corner rally with about 40 people holding candidate signs and encouraging people to honk their horns as they passed. Not one single mask in the group. Up in Big Bear, it was mixed. As we drove through town, we noticed quite a few people were walking around without masks on, even in crowds. On the other hand, we did a 6 hour wilderness hike and the handful of times we passed other people, everyone in our family and the party we were going to pass stopped, put on a mask, and proceeded forward passing each with faces covered. It was like unspoken trail etiquette.

I think Disneyland is going to have to be very, very strict about mask wearing. If they let a handful of people get away with not wearing masks, that handful of people will turn into a crowd. It’s much easier to enforce a rule when only a few people are breaking it. We are so anxious to go to Disneyland and might even make a trip up just to go to DTD and maybe stay in a hotel for a change in scenery. But I will not even bother unless they are strictly enforcing mask wearing.

That’s a fun idea!!!! Maybe we’ll book a hotel and do a day trip as well! Any hotel suggestions????

Agree with all of your points regarding mask wearing!

Who is doing this and where? I was out and about A LOT today in San Diego and every single person everywhere was wearing a mask. Everyone. Young people, old people, Middle Aged people, children.

You don’t wear a mask to work, you get fired. Should be that simple.

Sorry - bad day at work. Coworker came back from being out sick yesterday will a list of Covid symptoms and doesn't wear her mask at her desk (which is right next to mine, less than 5 feet between her chair and my chair). I wish they would strictly enforce the mask policy but when managers & supervisors are not following the policy it is hard to enforce it.

I agree with that policy. Wear your mask. PERIOD. Don't want to ? Go home.

Sorry - bad day at work. Coworker came back from being out sick yesterday will a list of Covid symptoms and doesn't wear her mask at her desk (which is right next to mine, less than 5 feet between her chair and my chair). I wish they would strictly enforce the mask policy but when managers & supervisors are not following the policy it is hard to enforce it.

I agree with that policy. Wear your mask. PERIOD. Don't want to ? Go home.

Oh man. I would be upset too...... very upset. That is very upsetting. I’m so sorry!

I love it so much! Now I’m sitting here thinking of other characters we see on horses...

Looks like they’re bringing out a lot more rare characters too which is cool. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the character thing but seeing what they’re doing and it’s a great way to work with the situation. Oh Disney, my heart. ❤️
Do we think they could get a reindeer in there....? 😂 I’d like to see Kristoff and Sven.

Re: "Is the only way to guarantee park entry to stay onsite; is it even guaranteed if you are staying onsite?"

In my opinion, not necessarily. Let me explain.

Consider WDW, for example. We have reservations to go to WDW in January and are staying on site. We've got hotel & tickets linked in 1 package through Disney Travel. BUT....Disney sent us emails stating VERY clearly that JUST have a ticket and a hotel reservation are NO GUARANTEE to getting in the parks.

You have to make a park reservation for each day that you want to go into a WDW park. And right now, there's no park hopping, so just 1 park per day.

If you forget and you don't actually MAKE a park reservation, then EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A TICKET, you are NOT getting in. I totally expect this policy to apply at DL as well. It will apply to both on site hotel guests and off site guests. On site hotel guests will probably get first crack at making a park reservation before it's opened up to non-on-site guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because their handlers (and the horses' height) will ensure no one gets within 6 feet of them? Even here in AZ, (we are a hot spot. yay.) masks are only required outside if you can't maintain social distance.

Maybe that's why you are a hot spot. ;) There is nothing magical about the 6 foot rule.

Personally I think if they are going to require masks the characters should be wearing them too.

Excited for you! Hope everything goes well especially all the safety measures.

Please report back if you go to the CM preview. Will WOD have the “waitlist” virtual queue?

Thank you! I'm still hesitant to return to work so I will not be attending the preview (additionally the spaces filled up extremely quickly). Unfortunately, I have no info on the logistics, but i'd speculate that they will likely have at least the ability to do so in case of large crowds like at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter