Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We'll be at AoA in a couple of weeks. Is there a way to know what movies will be playing by the pool before we get there?

The movies for June are:

Sunday - Monsters, Inc.
Monday - Beauty & The Beast (1991)
Tuesday - Tarzan
Wednesday - Mulan
Thursday - The Emporer's New Groove
Friday - Black Panther
Saturday - Ratatouille

The schedule for July will be published at the beginning of the month.

We will be there on the 18th. Cars Suite. Might have to check out the movie with the kids couple nights.

Also one more question.. do you get charged for having more than two people in the room? There’s going to be 5 adults in our family suite, do you get charged for the additional people since it’s a family suite or no?

Also one more question.. do you get charged for having more than two people in the room? There’s going to be 5 adults in our family suite, do you get charged for the additional people since it’s a family suite or no?

We have never been charged an extra adult fee when staying in the suites .

Are there any lockers around the Big Blue Pool? Anyone know, any charges for them if they have them? Anyone know?
Yes, there are lockers and showers in the restroom right outside the Nemo pool. I believe they cost $1.00 in quarters and can hold a fairly good sized bag/backpack. We used them one trip when we had a late flight after we checked out, spent the afternoon at the pool, then showered and changed and went out to Disney Springs for dinner before our flight.

Yes, there are lockers and showers in the restroom right outside the Nemo pool. I believe they cost $1.00 in quarters and can hold a fairly good sized bag/backpack. We used them one trip when we had a late flight after we checked out, spent the afternoon at the pool, then showered and changed and went out to Disney Springs for dinner before our flight.
Thanks. I have been asking for a bit and no one seemed to know.

I even emailed Disney about it and they didn't know the answer to that question. Unreal!

Does anyone know if a 4th floor room in the cars suite would be a good choice with a 4 yr old and 9 yr old. Will the rooms be cool enough for sleeping at night?

Thinking about a long weekend in October to do the Halloween party. I know the cones at the pool are first come first serve - how difficult do you think getting one in October will be?

Does anyone know if a 4th floor room in the cars suite would be a good choice with a 4 yr old and 9 yr old. Will the rooms be cool enough for sleeping at night?

I don't think you'll have any problem with the room being cool enough for sleeping at night. We've stayed in a Lion King suite twice (both 4th floor) and a Nemo Suite once (first floor) and those suites stayed very cold with the a/c running. My husband likes the room to be super cold at night (usually had the a/c as low as it would go which I believe was 65). I have to call mouse keeping for an extra blanket for me so I can stay warm at night (and I sleep in a long sleeve t-shirt and yoga pants).

Fourth floor rooms are usually very quiet (at least our 2 LK stays were). The only downside to a 4th floor room for us was that our rooms were at the end of the building closest to the Main building. The elevators are in the center of the buildings. So, when we left the room, it wasn't a problem to just use the stairs...they were right by our room. But when we wanted to go back to our room we either had to hike up 4 flights of stairs (not fun after walking around the parks all day) or walk to the center of the building to use the elevator and then walk back to the end of the building to our room. It wasn't a deal breaker for us, but we decided a first-floor suite works best for us. If we were going to end up on the 4th floor again, I'd probably try to get a room close to the elevator.

I'd seen a few reports of the queen bed in the family suites being very firm and was wondering if that was really the case? We have a 4-night stay in a Lion King Family Suite coming up next week and it's our first time staying at Art of Animation. I'd also seen a few posts talking about the possibility of the resort providing an egg-crate style topper on request and was wondering how common that was? I'm seriously tempted to just have an inexpensive one shipped in through Amazon if the bed is really firm as it would make our stay much more comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't think you'll have any problem with the room being cool enough for sleeping at night. We've stayed in a Lion King suite twice (both 4th floor) and a Nemo Suite once (first floor) and those suites stayed very cold with the a/c running. My husband likes the room to be super cold at night (usually had the a/c as low as it would go which I believe was 65). I have to call mouse keeping for an extra blanket for me so I can stay warm at night (and I sleep in a long sleeve t-shirt and yoga pants).

Fourth floor rooms are usually very quiet (at least our 2 LK stays were). The only downside to a 4th floor room for us was that our rooms were at the end of the building closest to the Main building. The elevators are in the center of the buildings. So, when we left the room, it wasn't a problem to just use the stairs...they were right by our room. But when we wanted to go back to our room we either had to hike up 4 flights of stairs (not fun after walking around the parks all day) or walk to the center of the building to use the elevator and then walk back to the end of the building to our room. It wasn't a deal breaker for us, but we decided a first-floor suite works best for us. If we were going to end up on the 4th floor again, I'd probably try to get a room close to the elevator.

Thank you for the info. I have decided to request a room on the 2nd floor instead of the 4th. Don't wanna climb 4 flights of stairs. The fun will be here soon. Leave on the 16th for our drive down. Arrive at Disney on the 18th. Have planned some adventures for the children on the way down.

I'd seen a few reports of the queen bed in the family suites being very firm and was wondering if that was really the case? We have a 4-night stay in a Lion King Family Suite coming up next week and it's our first time staying at Art of Animation. I'd also seen a few posts talking about the possibility of the resort providing an egg-crate style topper on request and was wondering how common that was? I'm seriously tempted to just have an inexpensive one shipped in through Amazon if the bed is really firm as it would make our stay much more comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm one of those people who has reported that the queen bed at AoA is very firm. I felt bruised the first night I slept on one. I've always just folded up extra blankets (from mousekeeping) to soften it up for me. This time I'm taking an egg-crate foam topper to see how that works for me. I do plan to ask mousekeeping if they have the foam toppers when I'm there just so I can report back here for others.

All that being said, my husband thinks the queen bed is very comfortable. So it's really just a matter of personal preference.

Hi there, my family will be staying @ AoA for the first time to celebrate my daughter’s 5th bday n September (fingers crossed hurricanes stay away). We have booked a Nemo room. Anyone recommend a particular floor or better yet room? Thank u n advance!

Hi there, my family will be staying @ AoA for the first time to celebrate my daughter’s 5th bday n September (fingers crossed hurricanes stay away). We have booked a Nemo room. Anyone recommend a particular floor or better yet room? Thank u n advance!

During our last visit, we were in room 5520 which was perfect for us. It was on the first floor of Building 5 in the wing that juts out towards the LK area. And it was a lake view room. I requested a room in that hallway because I figured it would be quieter than being on the main hallway. If someone was walking down our hallway, it was because they had a room down there. There was no "pass through" foot traffic or bunches of people passing our room to get to the elevators. We found it to be a very quiet location, but the room was still close to everything -- pool, food court, and bus stop. If we stay in a Nemo suite again (we're in LK this time), I will absolutely request that room again (and just hope to be in that hallway somewhere).

During our last visit, we were in room 5520 which was perfect for us. It was on the first floor of Building 5 in the wing that juts out towards the LK area. And it was a lake view room. I requested a room in that hallway because I figured it would be quieter than being on the main hallway. If someone was walking down our hallway, it was because they had a room down there. There was no "pass through" foot traffic or bunches of people passing our room to get to the elevators. We found it to be a very quiet location, but the room was still close to everything -- pool, food court, and bus stop. If we stay in a Nemo suite again (we're in LK this time), I will absolutely request that room again (and just hope to be in that hallway somewhere).

Fantastic.., exactly what I was looking for n a room. I appreciate your speedy reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter