Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yes, thank goodness they kept the fans with the last renovations :cool1::cool1: It makes absolutely NO sense to me why in the world they would be removing the ceiling fans in Florida :confused3
Because you have a segment who complained about "no overhead light" and there's not enough room for both, I guess.
At least that's my thought
The no overhead light voice won
Some of those rooms are awfully dark (Poly, I'm looking squarely at YOU!) but we can make do. I'd rather have the fan

I believe DS is one destination that is ALWAYS shared, both to and from. Not 100% positive about that but I've never taken a trip to/from DS that wasn't shared. AK and MK isn't the case. They have been mixed, mostly not shared but every once in a while, they are.

In your experience, for early park arrivals (e.g. perhaps a 7:30 MK or AK arrival for a 9:00 open), is it more likely for a bus to be shared or not to be shared? Or totally random depending on the time of year? We are early risers, and so trying to decide if busses will be our preferred mode of transport to those two parks. Thanks!

In your experience, for early park arrivals (e.g. perhaps a 7:30 MK or AK arrival for a 9:00 open), is it more likely for a bus to be shared or not to be shared? Or totally random depending on the time of year? We are early risers, and so trying to decide if busses will be our preferred mode of transport to those two parks. Thanks!
We're early people too. We've yet to share an early bus to either MK or AK. We go in early December.

I've yet to share a bus in the mornings, to the parks of course. DS as I have mentioned, seems to always share, no matter when you go.

Just returned from AK (late afternoon). Bus was shared with Swan/Dolphin, with Boardwalk being the first drop-off. Just thought I'd share, since we've been discussing bus transportation recently.

I just returned from bwi 9/5-11.
No shared buses. Usually left resort around 11am and closed every park.
Then you were very lucky. I was there 8/31 to 9/3. It took an hour to get back from Disney Springs on 9/2 because the bus went to all 5 resorts. Loaded scooters at 2 of them. Everyone for Boardwalk was absolutely miserable by the time we finally got there. The bus driver kept saying to report our dissatifaction at the front desk, because the bus routes had just been changed that day (Sunday). And getting to Disney Springs that morning for a Brunch ADR was difficult because the bus was full when it got to BW. Bus driver had to ask people to try to make more room to try to fit at least 3 of us at the BW stop on since we all had reservations for brunches.

I caught a bus to BW from AK last Saturday and it was doing the BW/Swan/Dolphin route.

Then you were very lucky. I was there 8/31 to 9/3. It took an hour to get back from Disney Springs on 9/2 because the bus went to all 5 resorts. Loaded scooters at 2 of them. Everyone for Boardwalk was absolutely miserable by the time we finally got there. The bus driver kept saying to report our dissatifaction at the front desk, because the bus routes had just been changed that day (Sunday). And getting to Disney Springs that morning for a Brunch ADR was difficult because the bus was full when it got to BW. Bus driver had to ask people to try to make more room to try to fit at least 3 of us at the BW stop on since we all had reservations for brunches.

I caught a bus to BW from AK last Saturday and it was doing the BW/Swan/Dolphin route.

Maybe guests complaining during your trip worked. My parents have been there since the 6th and haven't been on a single shared bus. Even to/from Disney Springs!

The funny part is I was there from 9/1 to 9/3 and we never shared going to/from AK or MK. At BWI same days as you, didn't share.
I don't go to DS on the bus, ever. Because even under the best of circumstances, it's awful.

I love the thought of the Boardwalk resort, especially as a DVC member. But then reality hit. I used extra points to book BW view vs standard for 8/31-9/3. When I looked at the app before my flight (so after 6 PM) I still did not have a room number assigned, but it said I was in a wheelchair accessible room. I called immediately since that usually means a lower bed and I prefer higher to lower. First, the CM who answered said that is not the case. Then she said let me check with my mgr, then she comes back and agrees that yes, the bed will be lower. And sorry, but there is no other room we can switch you to. So I get room 2047. Like a PP said, it is handy being on the main floor. My room was right above the Screen Door and there were stairs opposite my room that brought me out directly behind the store. That was about the only good thing about the room/location. The roll-in shower was a square, not much bigger than a shower in a standard cruise ship cabin. The only storage space in the bathroom was a small shelf under the mirror, and that is where they had the washcloths and amenities. There is only one chair on the balcony, not that that even matters because, most disappointing of all, the balcony was one of the solid wall ones. So if you are sitting on that chair you can't see anything anyways! Had the bed inside been higher, you might have been able to see over the wall that way, but it wasn't. That room also has the misfortune of being in one of the areas with the seating and gathering area, so it was a little noisier as far as hallway noise went. Add in the bus situation, the detoured walkway to HS, and magic band issues, and I was very happy to move to Copper Creek on Monday!

I will go back, but i will try to just get standard or garden view. Won't psych myself up for BW view and then get disappointed. And I have learned that my one room request will now be no solid wall balcony (because I also got stuck with one of the very few at Copper Creek, lol). Loved my breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Had I been staying longer I would have gone again, skipping the characters the second time. Also loved the selection of goodies at the Bakery :)

Maybe guests complaining during your trip worked. My parents have been there since the 6th and haven't been on a single shared bus. Even to/from Disney Springs!

It could be. I felt bad for the bus drivers that Sunday because they just kept repeating the routes had just changed, and that the people making the changes need to spend a day riding the buses to see how crazy some of them are. They keep adding all these hotel rooms, and all the restaurants at DS for people to eat at, and yet fail to take into account how everyone needs to get there to actually EAT at the restaurants.

And don't get me started on the whole transferring buses to get to/from a water park thing...

I love the thought of the Boardwalk resort, especially as a DVC member. But then reality hit.... Add in the bus situation, the detoured walkway to HS, and magic band issues, and I was very happy to move to Copper Creek on Monday!

I was at Copper Creek last month, and every day I wished that I was at the BoardWalk. There were maintenance problems with my room, which I wasn't expecting for a resort so new. The bus to the Magic Kingdom was great. But to get to the other parks, the wait was so long, and when you add in the length of the ride, plus the fact that the bus was not direct, I would happily have done the walk to HS, detour or not. I had told myself that it was time to try something new, which was why I booked Copper Creek. Next time I'm going back to BoardWalk or Beach Club. To each their own!

Last edited:
No shared buses to parks for me last week BUT I was waiting for a magic kingdom bus Monday night 9/10 around 6pm. There were tons of people waiting for Disney Springs bus. When it finally came it was loaded. So obviously that one was shared and FULL! I think that route needs looking into.

Has the Boardwalk Inn switched to the refillable pump dispensers for shampoo , conditioner, etc. yet?( instead of the small bottles) Also, has anyone stayed since September and noticed if there are Keurig coffee makers in the Boardwalk Inn rooms? Thanks for your help.

Has the Boardwalk Inn switched to the refillable pump dispensers for shampoo , conditioner, etc. yet?( instead of the small bottles) Also, has anyone stayed since September and noticed if there are Keurig coffee makers in the Boardwalk Inn rooms? Thanks for your help.
We checked out Tuesday. Still little bottles of shampoos and no keurig
Have a blast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter