Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgAOymRzzQeECezfg1Igud15cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjUgM2MgTH5d556dv7DXbn5ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

You could also have Garden Grocer or Amazon or Walmart or Target deliver breakfast ingredients to the resort and you can make breakfast in your room. There is a toaster and microwave so you can make toast or waffles and whatever in the microwave, When we stayed at Boardwalk we had most of our breakfasts as toast and microwavable sausages, some bananas or apples, and kept yogurt in the fridge. It also saves you some $,
We also went to Ale and Compass and Beach Club Marketplace and, of course, Les Halles or Garden Grill on our Epcot mornings.
But we are staying on the Inn side, not the Villa side. There is no toaster, right? Not sure there is even a microwave?

But thanks to @kimmar067 who posted those lovely photos, it does look like Trattoria al Forno is offering breakfast in some capacity, so that could be great.

But we are staying on the Inn side, not the Villa side. There is no toaster, right? Not sure there is even a microwave?

But thanks to @kimmar067 who posted those lovely photos, it does look like Trattoria al Forno is offering breakfast in some capacity, so that could be great.
Ah. Wasn't aware the Inn didn't have these things. Good to know! Enjoy your trip...my family loves it there...if I ever lost sight of my son at the pool 9 times out of 10 he was on the water slide ;)

Thanks for that info! I saw that there was also a Java bar in the Swan which has Mickey waffles at breakfast. So one of those options would work, I think.

I am really torn about it, it’s true! The ability to walk to HS and Epcot are the big reasons for staying in that area, and that’s obviously a huge part of the price premium. And having the 2-queens + daybed layout in the rooms suits us. I think we’d be happier there than in a 2-queen room at the Swan, say. So there are lots of positives to staying there. But at the same time it seems fair to acknowledge that the breakfast situation there seems pretty underwhelming for the price you’re paying.

You could walk over to the Swan, eat breakfast there, and then walk or take the boat to DHS from there.
If you decide to take the boat to DHS rather than walk, you might want to get on at the Swan/Dolphin rather than at the Boardwalk anyway. The boat's route is Boardwalk, then Yacht Club/Beach Club, then Swan/Dolphin, then DHS. I always walk over to Swan/Dolphin and get on the boat there rather than sitting on the boat while it goes from Boardwalk to Yacht/Beach to Swan.

That might be easier than walking over to the Swan and getting breakfast to take back to the room. As others have mentioned, BoardWalk Inn is pretty big. It might take you awhile to get from the Boardwalk back to your room with the food.

OP, have you talked to the other people in your group? You may be debating a switch of locations while you ponder waffles; the others might be happier sticking with the BoardWalk and eating muffins, bagels, poptarts, yogurt or cereal for breakfast. Those are all things you can buy in the big gift shop on the BoardWalk.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere at the Boardwalk where we can get a quick service breakfast - looking for a breakfast platter with eggs, potatoes, waffles type of thing. I looked at the Boardwalk Deli menu and it looks like they just have breakfast sandwiches, and then Carousel Coffee looks like it's just pastries and maybe a yogurt parfait. This seems surprising to me that breakfast is going to be so hard to come by! Is there room service where I could order breakfast? We are staying on the inn side, no kitchen.
Walk to Epcot and get breakfast in France :)

...their breakfast IS really good! Across the lake is Ale & Compass [in the Yacht Club Resort] and offers a great breakfast too!

Isn't it sad though that if you are staying at the BW you have to figure out where to GO to get a quick hot breakfast? I mean, other than a mobile order from TaF, it's basically just continental offerings. It's dismal given this is a deluxe resort. For our family, it just doesn't work. My DD22 has several food allergies and my DH insists on a hot breakfast every morning. We prefer to eat QS because it's cheaper, it's QUICK, and it allows us to visit separately if we wish because we don't always get out of bed at the same time. We like to have breakfast in the room or at the QS and then back to the room to freshen up and get ready before leaving for the park.

And this past trip, due to Genie+, we sometimes decided to leave for the parks after a quick lunch which is also hard to find at BW. The deli and pizza window just don't cut it with allergies and we do not want to do TS for lunch.

I love the location and the new rooms at BW but we aren't going to pay a premium to stay there but need to travel elsewhere for food choices. I wish Big River Grill would close and reopen as a proper Disney owned and operated QS from 7am - 12midnight. It would also solve the issue of mug refills.

OK. Rant over :p

I don't know. It's one meal..they say breakfast is the most important meal...but to me that's not the case at Disney when you need to be at the parks so early to maximize value.
The most recent trip last month on park days we had some things delivered to tide us over until we got to the parks..Little Muffins. Bananas...and then we would eat after a few rides during early entry...les hallles, Cheshire..and then snack until lunch...where we would relax and then maybe sit down for a meal..go to the pool...
Your mileage may vary...that's just my experience.
Boardwalk is so amazing that breakfast isn't a deal breaker...although I do miss the butter butter sandwich.

I don't know. It's one meal..they say breakfast is the most important meal...but to me that's not the case at Disney when you need to be at the parks so early to maximize value.
The most recent trip last month on park days we had some things delivered to tide us over until we got to the parks..Little Muffins. Bananas...and then we would eat after a few rides during early entry...les hallles, Cheshire..and then snack until lunch...where we would relax and then maybe sit down for a meal..go to the pool...
Boardwalk is so amazing that breakfast isn't a deal breaker...although I do miss the butter butter sandwich.
This is what we do as well, even in the villas. Protein bars and pastries, and a mid morning breakfast snack. There are so many good ones.

Yea the breakfast isn’t an issue for me either. I’ll just have it in the parks or eat something quick on the go. I don’t need to sit down at a quick service before the park. If we are doing a sit down breakfast, we usually just did a character one for our daughter - so I didn’t really care. I’m paying the premium for the location & overall feel of the resort. I personally didn’t feel like we were getting short changed because of the breakfast options.

But that’s why there’s so many other different Disney resorts to choose from.

Isn't it sad though that if you are staying at the BW you have to figure out where to GO to get a quick hot breakfast? I mean, other than a mobile order from TaF, it's basically just continental offerings. It's dismal given this is a deluxe resort. For our family, it just doesn't work. My DD22 has several food allergies and my DH insists on a hot breakfast every morning. We prefer to eat QS because it's cheaper, it's QUICK, and it allows us to visit separately if we wish because we don't always get out of bed at the same time. We like to have breakfast in the room or at the QS and then back to the room to freshen up and get ready before leaving for the park.

And this past trip, due to Genie+, we sometimes decided to leave for the parks after a quick lunch which is also hard to find at BW. The deli and pizza window just don't cut it with allergies and we do not want to do TS for lunch.

I love the location and the new rooms at BW but we aren't going to pay a premium to stay there but need to travel elsewhere for food choices. I wish Big River Grill would close and reopen as a proper Disney owned and operated QS from 7am - 12midnight. It would also solve the issue of mug refills.

OK. Rant over :p
It's not a big deal to us. Breakfast is the easiest meal to eat out of a hotel room and an easy way to save a few bucks. Protein drinks, granola bars, yogurt, fruit, etc., all make an easy breakfast. If you prefer a hot breakfast then the deli and trattoria al forno are right there. You're an easy walk away from several other hotels offering breakfast and the international gateway is also an easy walk away.

Ah. Wasn't aware the Inn didn't have these things. Good to know! Enjoy your trip...my family loves it there...if I ever lost sight of my son at the pool 9 times out of 10 he was on the water slide ;)
Not just the Inn. Few Disney resort rooms have either toaster or microwave. Some suites. That’s it.

You can request a microwave sometimes but there aren’t many. If those things are needed DVC is the way to book for sure

We are staying at Boardwalk Inn for the first time in September and are booked in a resort-view room. Any recommendations on room requests?

Priority would be a quiet room and maybe reducing the amount of walking. Are there multiple exit points or does everyone go through the lobby elevators?

We are staying at Boardwalk Inn for the first time in September and are booked in a resort-view room. Any recommendations on room requests?

Priority would be a quiet room and maybe reducing the amount of walking. Are there multiple exit points or does everyone go through the lobby elevators?
There are elevators to the lobby level (2) on both the inn side and the Villa side
from the inn side you take either stairs or a different elevator to reach the boardwalk (1). Villa side elevator goes to the boardwalk
there are also stairs to the boardwalk off the lobby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter