Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well, we are really enjoying our first ever Club Level stay!!! We arrived at the BC around 9:00am and were taken up to 5th floor and checked in, then offered breakfast. We had crepes with strawberry sauce and chocolate shavings, hard boiled eggs, pastry, cold meats, cheese, yogurt, berries (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry mix), watermelon, melon, granola ... so many choices. It was a great way to start our day. We went into Epcot 11-2, had lunch at Le Cellier (2 of us) and Via Napoli (2 of us) to use up dining credits from first resort stay. Rode Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth and shopped at Mouse Gears. Enjoyed snacks in lounge at 4, had a swim in SAB, then at 6:30pm had apps (pork and polenta, salads, build your own macaroni and cheese bar, apples with caramel dip, Kona Longboard/wine/pop (served by CM), walked into Epcot for Illuminations- so beautiful! Then at 9:30pm got smores squares, mini cupcakes, warm dutch apple desserts, cookies and really good ice cream! Had another glass of wine (self serve). We are closest room to the lounge with a day bed- exactly what I requested! So pleased. Offered turn down service but in room so they just gave us chocolates (white chocolate Ghiradelli treats). Really loving it! I think we will just do a late lunch table service for the next few days and that will be all we need with the food in the lounge. It's really incredible for first timers- now I only want to do club stays lol! Thanks to all of you for your advice prior to our stay - but I may be hooked! Already loved the BC with location, now CL has put it over the top for us!
Thank you for sharing. I can't wait, just 2 more weeks!

Now, supposedly, that's is how it's supposed to work.
We've always been told, since even before MB (back when it was KTTW cards) that you couldn't access the elevator touchpad for CL floor until you used your card (and now MB) to enter your room. To always have everyone in the party use their card/band enter the room so that everyone could then use the elevator.
So there could well be a connection between those 2 events but the CL staff should have known that.

I was aware that many people here have had connections between using their bands to open their room, and having access to the CL floor, so I specifically pointed this out to the CL staff. They said it shouldn't related, and that something was wrong with this specific elevator. Note that I could use the other 3 elevators to access the CL floor, only this specific elevator wasn't working. (And now, all my MBs work with that specific elevator, no matter if I used them to enter my room.)

All in all, this was just a minor glitch, and the CL staff was super friendly trying to sort this out!

I can't wait, just 2 more weeks!

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We have our first ever Christmas trip booked this year for Beach Club.:santa: Just wondering if the lounge offers any special treats for either Christmas Eve or Christmas day.
Thanks!

I can't answer your question as we've never been over Christmas Eve/Day, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time. Disney during the holidays is amazing as all of the resorts & parks are beautifully decorated :goodvibes.

We have our first ever Christmas trip booked this year for Beach Club.:santa: Just wondering if the lounge offers any special treats for either Christmas Eve or Christmas day.
Thanks!

I can't answer for the BC, but 2 years ago we were at the CR and they didn't have any special food on Christmas Eve or Day that I can remember. They did have a little box of small toys that kids could take sitting out. These were very small - think what your dentist's office would have for kids or maybe what the county fair would give as free prizes for a spin the wheel game - but the kids thought it was fun.

Thank you for sharing. I can't wait, just 2 more weeks!
I think that you had a question before my trip regarding room location? We emailed in our request 4 days before our stay to DSS. Our request was "close to lounge please" and we had room 5652 (it was the closest room to the lounge - loved it!). It was a bit loud (ice machine across the hall), but we are deep sleepers so it didn't bother us too much. Good luck getting the room you want:-)

I had asked in another post about resort availability for November 2019, particularly the week of November 11. Since the rooms had just opened for booking, some posters said that the lack of availability at some resorts may be due to Disney not having released those room categories yet? Since we are now well past the mark of when Disney would release rooms for that time period, and it seems as though CL availability continues to go down in availability.....is the lack of availability due to a potential Star Wars land opening? Is this all that will be available unless someone cancels? I have never booked resort reservations for over a year out, but I know this opening is huge. Thank you for all thoughts on this!

I had asked in another post about resort availability for November 2019, particularly the week of November 11. Since the rooms had just opened for booking, some posters said that the lack of availability at some resorts may be due to Disney not having released those room categories yet? Since we are now well past the mark of when Disney would release rooms for that time period, and it seems as though CL availability continues to go down in availability.....is the lack of availability due to a potential Star Wars land opening? Is this all that will be available unless someone cancels? I have never booked resort reservations for over a year out, but I know this opening is huge. Thank you for all thoughts on this!
Not necessarily. One can never assume anything about what Disney does with their room inventory.
All you can do is check often.

So exciting, really... I couldn't get SDD and I was bummed. We did the HS early morning magic back when they had it a couple years ago with star tours and TSMM and it was great, this one should be fantastic.
Yep, loved the original HS EMM. Booked this one for our Oct date. DH and I are heading down a few days before our friends so we are doing the HS EMM the day they drive down. Extras won't be in their budget (large family)

Not necessarily. One can never assume anything about what Disney does with their room inventory.
All you can do is check often.

Thanks! I have been checking BC CL specifically since the 499 day out mark and none have been available . Is there any reason why Disney would hold off on putting those rooms out for booking.....as in a block of rooms for conference or for a super large party? Or does that not really happen with all CL rooms at one resort?

Thanks! I have been checking BC CL specifically since the 499 day out mark and none have been available . Is there any reason why Disney would hold off on putting those rooms out for booking.....as in a block of rooms for conference or for a super large party? Or does that not really happen with all CL rooms at one resort?
Have no clue at all. About any of it. Just that I wouldn't assume that not seeing a room today means anything one way or another. It could be intentional or it could be just their systems are just too squirely. If anyone knows, they aren't telling.

When exactly are you looking for? I had a hard time with my BC reservation last year. It took me months to get my first night added to my trip. It was ridiculous. My trip was August.

As @AngiTN mentionned, you should not try too hard to understand the rules behind Disney's back office and inventory. Rooms may appear and disappear at any time, for any number of reasons. Inventory on web might also be different than the inventory on the phone, as well as the available discounts.

That being said, I've found out that some CL rooms at the BC/YC are more prone to being held/released than the other other resorts, *at least* during the dates I'm going to WDW (late July-August). I've always thought they were blocking some for conventioneers but they may as well block them for various other reasons, including yield management. Having some rooms blocked at these resorts definitely does not prevent them from filling them almost 95%+, so this might be a strategy to improve occupancy at other resorts.

When exactly are you looking for? I had a hard time with my BC reservation last year. It took me months to get my first night added to my trip. It was ridiculous. My trip was August.

I was looking for 7 or 8 nights starting Nov 12 or 13. I did call the Disney reservations line after looking online myself for the past 55 days lol, and all the CM said was ' it wasn't available for my dates'. :( I guess I'll keep checking. If I might ask, how many months before your August trip did you begin checking? And when did it become available for you? Thank you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter