Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this construction is making me nervous. I’m booked here for September but I’m thinking of switching I don’t want to be staring at construction in the middle of the lake...

All this construction is making me nervous. I’m booked here for September but I’m thinking of switching I don’t want to be staring at construction in the middle of the lake...
I most recently stayed at Coronado around this time last year, which was during the construction (though admittedly during some of the earliest phases of it). Except for when the buses around the resort campus drove directly past where they had started work on the tower, we didn't notice the construction at all. Truthfully, I don't know where the construction is at this point as I haven't been paying as much attention to what's going on at Coronado in general lately, but at no point did I feel like I was living in a construction zone. (I also stayed at Pop during that resort's room refresh period - same deal, never felt like I was surrounded by construction!)

Reviews on trip advisor are ripping this resort pretty badly. They are saying long lines, major issues with non-refurbished rooms, poor service, and it is understaffed. I was planning to book a preferred room for April but I'm starting to think it will be an overcrowded resort packed with people who don't want to stay at CBR and a tower that is under construction which dominates the view of the resort. I just want to have comfortable experience somewhere that is also beautiful and scenic.

I get on Trip Adviser to look at pictures when I'm missing WDW (pretty much everyday...) but reviews on there are ridiculous. I think a some of the general public have really unrealistic expectations of Disney resorts - like because it's Disney nothing is EVER going to go wrong. Also I've read through some of them and they give resorts bad reviews just because they didn't have perfect service at a resort restaurant or little things like that.

Reviews on trip advisor are ripping this resort pretty badly. They are saying long lines, major issues with non-refurbished rooms, poor service, and it is understaffed. I was planning to book a preferred room for April but I'm starting to think it will be an overcrowded resort packed with people who don't want to stay at CBR and a tower that is under construction which dominates the view of the resort. I just want to have comfortable experience somewhere that is also beautiful and scenic.

FWIW, we stayed at POR in the Fall and didn't notice it any busier than usual with people looking to avoid CBR.

We will be there in August and have a similar concern. We stayed at CBR last year an honestly, the construction was horrible. It was offset by the gift card they offered, for 13 nights we got nearly 1K back, but still. Even with that, I don't think I would do it again. I keep hearing it's not nearly as bad at CSR, so I'm really crossing my fingers.

I've seen the construction videos on youtube and also concerned. Yes, we are getting the discount, but is it really worth it, I think so? The CM says, yes there is construction, but you won't see if from the rooms. I said, you seen the videos? A giant bld is going up on the side of the lake, yes your going to see it. I think when the construction on the lake starts then it will be an issue.
I'm sure we will have great time next week!!
D

The vast majority of rooms at CSR you will not see the construction. I was in Ranchos 7A a few weeks ago and never heard or saw anything until I walked up towards El Centro. If you stayed in Ranchos and went to the quiet pool back there you would never see or hear it. It just didn't bother us much walking and seeing the construction. To some it may be an eyesore but to me it's a vision of progress! lol I wouldn't second guess staying here again but I would request the Ranchos section again. Ranchos 7A is refurbed and very close to Bus Stop number 3, the second stop for theme park buses!

Obviously, this is a very opinionated post! lol

Considering a stay at CSR in October. I was a little surprised to find a big difference in package prices between a standard room and a preferred room - nearly $700 more for preferred over 7 nights. Does anyone find the preferred rooms to be worth it? We're typically fine with standard, but I recall from our last trip there (2013) that we would often use the Casitas bus stop after breakfast at Pepper Market, and we liked the bus stop because it was first on, first off. I assume that's still the same? Knowing that the preferred rooms are all refurbished is a bonus as well. Would you pay it?

I had my first stay at the resort in Cabanas 8A during December and the construction did not bother me at all. I did see it when I walked over the makeshift bridge to El Centro, but considering the deal I got and I was in a new room, I was 100% ok with it.

Loved the resort and will definitely stay again!

IMO the WORST aspect of the whole resort was the WiFi speed! Definitely the slowest I’ve had at any Disney resort.

Considering a stay at CSR in October. I was a little surprised to find a big difference in package prices between a standard room and a preferred room - nearly $700 more for preferred over 7 nights. Does anyone find the preferred rooms to be worth it? We're typically fine with standard, but I recall from our last trip there (2013) that we would often use the Casitas bus stop after breakfast at Pepper Market, and we liked the bus stop because it was first on, first off. I assume that's still the same? Knowing that the preferred rooms are all refurbished is a bonus as well. Would you pay it?

There are non-preferred rooms in Casitas, I think. Or at least I've never reserved a preferred room and I've been in Casitas multiple times.

We are arriving this Sunday and wondered what room/bld to request. We would like a refurbed room, but would take either. Would like to be near the main pool, but then your a bit away from the main dining room area. Any advice? Or, is it too late for request?

D

We are arriving this Sunday and wondered what room/bld to request. We would like a refurbed room, but would take either. Would like to be near the main pool, but then your a bit away from the main dining room area. Any advice? Or, is it too late for request?

D

I believe rooms are assigned about 5 days out, but if you don't get what you would like you can always ask nicely at the front desk. We've usually been accommodated when we've done this.

What are the pool hours? All I can find on the disney website is “pool hours vary by pool and lifeguard availability” and a google search is providing different results (some say 8-midnight and others say 10am-8pm). We are going mid-April if hours are seasonal and that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!

What are the pool hours? All I can find on the disney website is “pool hours vary by pool and lifeguard availability” and a google search is providing different results (some say 8-midnight and others say 10am-8pm). We are going mid-April if hours are seasonal and that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!

In April they will probably be 9AM-11PM.

There are non-preferred rooms in Casitas, I think. Or at least I've never reserved a preferred room and I've been in Casitas multiple times.

True but the only way to guarantee Casitas is to book preferred. If we booked standard, we'd have to request Casitas. We tried that once before and ended up in Cabanas, and were told there was a group on-site occupying most of the rooms in Casitas so we could not be placed there. Just trying to gauge how many people feel the newly refurbished rooms, and proximity to El Centro as well as the first bus stop are worth an extra $700.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter