Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting on tenterhooks for these reviews since they were announced, so I was very relieved that they were so positive! We are staying there for 3 weeks, a compromise with the family members we are going with, and I have never been fully happy with it. I travel a lot and can be a bit high maintenance, if I’m honest, so I figured that if Pete liked it then so would I.

I posted earlier about the Preferred Rooms, and I was all set to phone and see if we can upgrade to those. However, right at the end of the review, Craig said that he liked staying in the back because it’s full of families rather than drunk conventioneers.

We will be travelling with young kids and now I’m wondering whether we would be better not being in the Preferred Rooms. I’ve been to plenty of professional conferences and I would rather that my 5 year old niece see a few toddler tantrums than some drunk conference attendees with a “what happens in Disney...” attitude, getting friendly in the elevator. :scared:

Am I over-thinking this? As I said, I’ve never been totally 100% happy about this hotel, so over-thinking is a distinct possibility!

I think it depends on what kind of convention is there, honestly. Buzz's site used to have a list of conventions so you could check who will be there during your stay. Not to say that there aren't bad apples in every bunch (because there definitely are), but some types of conventions lend themselves to more shenanigans than others. Also, many convention-goers don't pay extra for preferred rooms. So unless the resort puts them in a block, they're going to be spread out all over the resort anyway.

My husband travels a lot, and we travel with him on occasion. Most of my convention experience is that they crowd the coffee place early in the morning and then you don't see them again until the end of the day. I doubt you'll have much interaction with conventioneers just coming and going from your resort room. Now, if you're going to fight the lines at breakfast or plan to spend late evenings in the restaurant, that might be a different story, but I doubt it would be any worse than any other busy time for the resort.

Does anybody know when will the room renovations be done? How many buildings left? I’ve been trying to found information on this, but can’t seem to find anything...

If we book for October, what would be the chances at a refurbished room for a Standard view?

If we book for October, what would be the chances at a refurbished room for a Standard view?
I would say there's a good chance of getting a reburb room, but you never know.

People are estimating, based on how long it's taking them to redo the buildings, that Casitas 4 will be open April and Casitas 5 will be open at some point in May. They "should" move on to Ranchos 6A and then 6B, and at least one or possibly both may be open by October, barring any setbacks. (At least that's what the facebook group I'm in is speculating, lol)

I would say there's a good chance of getting a reburb room, but you never know.

People are estimating, based on how long it's taking them to redo the buildings, that Casitas 4 will be open April and Casitas 5 will be open at some point in May. They "should" move on to Ranchos 6A and then 6B, and at least one or possibly both may be open by October, barring any setbacks. (At least that's what the facebook group I'm in is speculating, lol)
Okay sounds good. Thank you! We are thinking about maybe staying there for a short trip and have never stayed here before.

I think it depends on what kind of convention is there, honestly. Buzz's site used to have a list of conventions so you could check who will be there during your stay. Not to say that there aren't bad apples in every bunch (because there definitely are), but some types of conventions lend themselves to more shenanigans than others. Also, many convention-goers don't pay extra for preferred rooms. So unless the resort puts them in a block, they're going to be spread out all over the resort anyway.

My husband travels a lot, and we travel with him on occasion. Most of my convention experience is that they crowd the coffee place early in the morning and then you don't see them again until the end of the day. I doubt you'll have much interaction with conventioneers just coming and going from your resort room. Now, if you're going to fight the lines at breakfast or plan to spend late evenings in the restaurant, that might be a different story, but I doubt it would be any worse than any other busy time for the resort.

My apologies, Superchikk, I thought I had replied to this. Thank you for answering my question, and what you say makes a lot of sense. I doubt we will be on the same schedule as conventioneers, but maybe our best bet is just to make a concerted effort to avoid them, which shouldn’t be too hard. Good point also about the preferred rooms not necessarily being booked by convention attendees. I will give Disney a call in the morning and see what the upgrade possibilities are. Thank you for your help!

I was trying to find it, but everything is older that I saw. Does CSR have toasters in the food court like the other moderates?

My apologies, Superchikk, I thought I had replied to this. Thank you for answering my question, and what you say makes a lot of sense. I doubt we will be on the same schedule as conventioneers, but maybe our best bet is just to make a concerted effort to avoid them, which shouldn’t be too hard. Good point also about the preferred rooms not necessarily being booked by convention attendees. I will give Disney a call in the morning and see what the upgrade possibilities are. Thank you for your help!

You're welcome and good luck!

Finally getting close to time to do my check in and room requests. Arriving at the end of May - hoping we get a refurbished room.

Anyone been recently that give an up date on construction and if even of the food selections are being effected?

Does anyone know if Ranchos 6B has been renovated? I got my email stating my room was ready. I apologize if this has already been answered.

Apologize if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the refurbished standard rooms at the Coronado will accommodate 5 adults? We stayed here many years ago and loved it, but since we now have 3 kids it's been a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter