Disney's Dark Kingdom (Complete list on pg 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^So I'm going to have to deal with this thread for the next 20 years. Oy

You really don't. You can always just stop clicking on it.

It's a fun topic to discuss and I don't see the great harm in talking about what each of us would like to see as a 5th gate. Although I really do think that DLR should get a 3rd gate (Animal Kingdom California would be awesome) before WDW gets a 5th.

It's a fun topic to discuss and I don't see the great harm in talking about what each of us would like to see as a 5th gate. Although I really do think that DLR should get a 3rd gate (Animal Kingdom California would be awesome) before WDW gets a 5th.

As great as Animal Kingdom is, just think of the size of it. They're already low on space over at Disneyland. Do they have room for another theme park? As much as I'd want them to add more, I don't think it's possible. The only thing I feel like they can rule out is a water park. They can be small, but the weather isn't hot enough in California and it wouldn't be open all year long.

I still love the concept of a Dark Kingdom, or whatever you want to call it. People love villains. Maybe not kids... I was horrified of Ursula when I was little... but there could be warning signs about certain attractions or areas hat have meet and greets with villains. I can't really think of a better theme that could be for a theme park. I don't think it's redoing things, it's using a different perspective. Disney is all about detail and perspective. Villains are evil, yet fun and unique. There are a lot of wonderful ideas they can use that are already Disney owned.

Yes, there is room for another park in California. Disney purchased land a little ways up Harbor Blvd a few years back. It's currently being used as the Toy Story parking lot.

The land isn't directly connected to DL/DCA so some form of transportation would have to be used. They currently run shuttle buses between the Toy Story parking lot and the parks.

Before they could build a park there the large Mickey & Friends parking structure would have to be doubled in size. They have room for that, too, but it would be a very large expenditure. And largely an unnecessary move until those lots are earmarked for something else.

DCA attendance still lags far behind Disneyland so right now that's viewed as a better investment than a third park. We'll see how the attendance numbers look after a year of Carsland.

A third park at DL is still many years away but (IMO) it's closer to happening than a 5th park at WDW.

Discussing what you want for a 5th park is different than this thread. Discuss it if you want but This isn't the thread for it IMO

Discussing what you want for a 5th park is different than this thread. Discuss it if you want but This isn't the thread for it IMO

Really, just don't click on it rather than tell other people what not to do. This is the "just for fun" forum, and reading this thread was fun for me, except for all of the negativity. If you don't want to read something you have the option of just not clicking.

tjkraz said:
DCA attendance still lags far behind Disneyland so right now that's viewed as a better investment than a third park. We'll see how the attendance numbers look after a year of Carsland.

A third park at DL is still many years away but (IMO) it's closer to happening than a 5th park at WDW.

Agreed. I really hope that Carsland breathes some life into DCA. I think they could get rid of Paradise Pier altogether and add more Pixar type stuff in there and it would improve the park by leaps and bounds. I think that would be a great area for Incredibles type stuff.

I've seen this on a couple of discussion boards - Micechat and Jim Hill's comment section, I'm not claiming it's accurate. They said that there is an "awesome" blue sky 5th theme park concept called Disney's Enchanted Kingdom. Although, that is probably just a temporary title since there are maybe two theme parks already called Enchanted Kingdom.:)

A "blue sky" idea is literally the first level of ideas. Probably 99% of them don't survive very long, although a few probably get filed away for potential use later, or at least as a reference for other ideas.

There are probably several such plans in the file cabinets for if/when they decide to build a fifth park - and likely none of them will be built as-is, but heavily modified.

I'm not sure I could see an "Enchanted Kingdom". Wouldn't it just be Fantasyland all over again?

Although, that is probably just a temporary title since there are maybe two theme parks already called Enchanted Kingdom.:)

Yep, I've been to one of them. It's in the Philippines and is actually a pretty nice park :)

They said that it would have a new level of technology and theming and would be a sort of sister park to Disneyland, (or in this case the Magic Kingdom). Again, they said it was in the very early stages of blue sky development, if it's true.:)

I think that instead of "Disney's Enchanted Kingdom" it should be called "Disney's Enchanted Empire" (Disney, you can have that one for free) it sounds more grand.:)

I keep wondering if anyone would set up a fund that people can add to to get a 5th park built?? in 10 years Dis board members just might be able to pay for the new park.

I'm thinking that if, as the person who told this rumor said, Disney announces a new park in 5 to 7 years, it's going be VERY expensive. Especially since they referred to it as "larger in scope" than Disneyland. It could just be someone being creative, but I noticed neither Jim Hill nor Al Lutz jumped in to say they were wrong, so who knows?:)

I keep wondering if anyone would set up a fund that people can add to to get a 5th park built?? in 10 years Dis board members just might be able to pay for the new park.

There's 394,000 members on the DISBoards, if we all donated $500 a year, within 10 years, we could build a $2 billion park...pretty cool :cool1:

Attractions

Mean Street: has buildings w/angry expressions

Pirates Cove: Captain Hook's Jolly Roger(play area), Curse of the black pearl (show), Smee's lil schooners, Tick Tock (Jungle Cruise-like w/pirate captain), Deadman's Chest (pirates) The flying dutchman (aladdin)

Ghost Town: Stinky Pete's Roundup, Phantom Mountain

The Hollow: Headless Horseman's last ride, Nightmare b4 xmas (show), Boogey Manor

Villian Ville: Hoppers (Dumbo), Its good to be bad (dark/singing), Oswald's Revenge, Welcome to Sunnyside, Scar's lair, Stromboli's

Witch Way: Dragon's Tail/Forbidden Mountain, Ursula's spell, The Broken Mirror, Gothel's Tower

Restaurants

TS = Table Service
CS= Counter Service
CM = Character Meals

Cruella de ville’s - (TS) Mean Street, Dalmatian printed dining room. Has an elaborate fountain in the middle of the restaurant. w/ European style cuisines

Lonesome Saloon - (CS) Ghosttown, A western/ghost themed restaurant owned by four ghosts who appear in reflections throughout the place. w/ burgers, chicken sandwiches, pork sandwich, etc

Be our prisoner - (CM) Witch Way, Dungeon with muck filled stone walls themed after the dungeon Prince charming is put into on Cinderella.

Ursula’s underwater cave - (CS) Witch Way, darkly lit restaurant that consists of purple stalactites and stalagmites all throughout. w/ burgers, steak and cheese, ½ chicken, chicken nuggets, rotisserie chicken, etc

Mermaid lagoon - (CS) Pirates Cove, mermaids swim around on large screens in this shell made restaurant. w/ ribs, pizza, chicken parm, various salads, etc

Brethren court - (CM) Pirates Cove, it looks like a pirate ship with round windows that look out onto the lagoon at a huge octopus. Chandeliers and Candelabras are hanging from the ceiling and along the walls. The chandeliers have cloth drapes hanging on them while the candles have dried drips of wax on each of them.

Frankenweenie - (CS) The Hollow, it looks like a mad scientist lab, w/ hot dogs, corn dogs, chilli dogs, cheese dogs, fried dogs, etc

Monstro - (TS) Villain Ville, eat inside the whale from Pinocchio in table booths that look like boats, w/ fish and chips, chicken fingers, new york strip steak, salmon, etc

My problem with the whole Dark Kingdom idea has people always suggest that it should have "dark themed" version of existing Magic Kingdom rides. There are a bunch of obvious ones in the ideas that disneysource posted. I think this this would make for a very good 5th gate. Who wants to go to a park that has the same attractions just re-themed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter