Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Magic Band, did you embellish it yourself??

Thanks! Yes, I did it myself. It was actually very easy. All done using nail polish (black for Mickey, clear with sparkles in it, and a clear glossy top coat) and the flowers, the crown on Minnie's head, etc are kid's nail decals. All were purchased at CVS. :)

Thanks! Yes, I did it myself. It was actually very easy. All done using nail polish (black for Mickey, clear with sparkles in it, and a clear glossy top coat) and the flowers, the crown on Minnie's head, etc are kid's nail decals. All were purchased at CVS. :)
Love it, I have almost every color Magic Band, I need to do this!

Your morning view from Fiji...
View attachment 118662 Yesterday's magical recap:

~Flight took off and landed early.

~ME bus waiting for us with only a 10 minute wait on bus before departing.

~First dropped off so less than a 30 minute trip to Poly.

~No room text so worrying...

~Walk into lobby around 12:45 and stand behind other guests checking in, but Sean comes and gets us, puts leis on us gives us a warm welcome and announces...the EXACT 3 requests I faxed AND room is ready:faint:

~Grabbed some lunch (looooong line at CC) and split a Dole swirl with DD. Nice CM even offered to pour them into separate cups. The CM said I got the bottom and DD got the top:p

~DME bags arrived exactly 3 hours after us.

This morning, DD and I burned some calories at the gym in preparation for Kona breakfast:)

They're still looking for you...

Hey Kook,

Based on your photo, I believe that we are currently neighbors!
Hope you're enjoying your trip.

Your morning view from Fiji...
View attachment 118662 Yesterday's magical recap:

~Flight took off and landed early.

~ME bus waiting for us with only a 10 minute wait on bus before departing.

~First dropped off so less than a 30 minute trip to Poly.

~No room text so worrying...

~Walk into lobby around 12:45 and stand behind other guests checking in, but Sean comes and gets us, puts leis on us gives us a warm welcome and announces...the EXACT 3 requests I faxed AND room is ready:faint:

~Grabbed some lunch (looooong line at CC) and split a Dole swirl with DD. Nice CM even offered to pour them into separate cups. The CM said I got the bottom and DD got the top:p

~DME bags arrived exactly 3 hours after us.

This morning, DD and I burned some calories at the gym in preparation for Kona breakfast:)

Beautiful pics! :goodvibes

Sounds like you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing your awesome (as always) pics :).

Now that I'm home I figured out the photobucket thing again
This was our room view from the second floor of Samoa

It worked out great. Mere steps to the pool, Lanai, CC, Trader Sam's. A short walk to the monorail and busses. Could not see Wishes from the room but that was easy to solve

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing :wizard:.

We loved our stay in Samoa for the exact reasons you listed, great location and convenient to everything :thumbsup2.

We just got back from another great stay at the Poly. Here's the view from our room - Fiji 3317:

View attachment 118703

Glad you had a great trip, great room view :).

Thanks! Staying at the poly in two months! Never been to disney. Looking forward to it.

Have a great trip. You are going to LOVE the Poly! :wizard:

Can't believe two more sleeps till we are here !!!!

:cool1::cool1:

View attachment 118756 We fly down tomorrow. My nails match my Magic Band! lol. I'll be posting live from the Polynesian CL.

Love your nails, very cute :earsboy:.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Checked in a little while ago. Got the building we requested, but not the floor. Wanted Aotearoa, balcony, facing the monorail. We are first floor, facing the water. Not really sure how the view is because it's already dark!

Check in was a breeze, and the CM's we encountered were wonderful. Our only issue is we had some packages delivered with snacks, and drinks and stuff to the Poly before we arrived. I have shipment confirmations that they were delivered, yet when I called to inquire about them, I was told they were not here. Ugh! I am waiting for a call back from Operations Support to see if they can be located. Hopefully they are found soon!

Does anyone know if there are any good places to pin trade at the Poly either with cm's or a pin trading board?

Can't believe two more sleeps till we are here !!!!

Quick question ...is there automatically an iron in a standard room ? I might have had to jam some clothes into a suitcase

We had one in our room last week...

I've started my "Live" thread. I've filled in the basic info, and then I'll be adding to it as we go along our trip.

Here's a link to the thread: *LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

See ya real soon!!!
MickeyMouse.jpg

Getting SO EXCITED for the Poly!:cheer2: DS is "tucked" back at college, summer was great, and now its time for some October F&W fun for Mom and Dad!:dancer: YAY!:drinking1 For those at the Poly now and the next week or so enjoying WDW before their kids go back to school, hope that you ENJOY!:dance3:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if they still have the speakers in the pool so you can hear music under water? My kids loved that. Also, do they still play background music that you can hear as you walk around the resort?

Thank you!

Just finished our first stay and first half of our two week vacation at the Poly. We're now staying off site the second week. We really enjoyed our first stay. We were located at the Rarotonga on the third floor. I had requested the monorail side, but was placed at the constructions side. The only advantage with that was we were able to see the Wishes fireworks from our balcony. DS ranks the Poly as his favorite Disney resort. Really didn't hear much noise from the construction at all. Just not a nice view. But we really weren't in the room much. DW loved the shower. Plenty of hot water. The food was good as well. The perks of staying on the monorail route was well worth it!

Checked in a little while ago. Got the building we requested, but not the floor. Wanted Aotearoa, balcony, facing the monorail. We are first floor, facing the water. Not really sure how the view is because it's already dark!

Check in was a breeze, and the CM's we encountered were wonderful. Our only issue is we had some packages delivered with snacks, and drinks and stuff to the Poly before we arrived. I have shipment confirmations that they were delivered, yet when I called to inquire about them, I was told they were not here. Ugh! I am waiting for a call back from Operations Support to see if they can be located. Hopefully they are found soon!

Have a great time! :wizard:

Got our packages, off to bed. Can't wait to see our view in the morning!

Glad your packages were found :).

I've started my "Live" thread. I've filled in the basic info, and then I'll be adding to it as we go along our trip.

Here's a link to the thread: *LIVE* from the Polynesian GV CL ~ Aug 24-Sept 1 ~

See ya real soon!!!
MickeyMouse.jpg

Have a great time :yay:.

Beautiful pics :goodvibes.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if they still have the speakers in the pool so you can hear music under water? My kids loved that. Also, do they still play background music that you can hear as you walk around the resort?

Thank you!

I hope so, too, as I thought the music under water was a great touch ;).

Just finished our first stay and first half of our two week vacation at the Poly. We're now staying off site the second week. We really enjoyed our first stay. We were located at the Rarotonga on the third floor. I had requested the monorail side, but was placed at the constructions side. The only advantage with that was we were able to see the Wishes fireworks from our balcony. DS ranks the Poly as his favorite Disney resort. Really didn't hear much noise from the construction at all. Just not a nice view. But we really weren't in the room much. DW loved the shower. Plenty of hot water. The food was good as well. The perks of staying on the monorail route was well worth it!

Glad you had a great stay at the Poly. It really is a nice resort and I'm glad your DS liked it enough to make it his favorite :goodvibes. We've tried several resorts and while we have loved them all, the Poly remains our favorite :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter