Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

What days of the week do they offer activities on the lawn at night it use to be wednesday and sunday they would do like a video game dance party then a movie what days of the week is that now is there a place they post updated activitiy guides on line somewhere

I have always used DIS Boards in the past for the most up to date information, which has definitely been a great resource to find out the best ways to plan and learn about all the new WDW changes from resorts to attractions. I have never registered or posted anything but wanted to post this for everyone staying at Poly. We have been planning to stay at the Polynesian later this year. We reserved a 1 bedroom suite 500 days in advance and have been saving for this as we have always wanted to stay there. I just received this reply from DSS this morning and thought I should share their response:

"Thank you for contacting Disney Signature Services!
Although in the past that room did include access to the club level lounge that has changed since our re-opening and is no longer an amenity of that particular room type. I would recommend reaching out to our resort reservations team at (407) 939-5277 and they will be more than happy to assist with modifying your resort reservation to a club level room."

This seems absolutely crazy to me given the cost of this room. Yes it is larger, but not having access to Club Level anymore I just cannot justify the nightly cost for this room. Do you think the suites will at least still have some level of service through the Tonga Club room, or is that going aways as well? This does not seem right. I will talk with the reservation team, but will cancel this reservation if this is true. Raising the nightly rate as much as they did and to remove CL services, insane! What is the benefit of paying and staying in a suite without Club Level services over just reserving a standard Club Level room?

FYI, I just looked it up Club Level room with Theme Park View $1,550 per night and the1 bedroom suite is now $2,100 per night, which is even more than when we booked. Almost $600 more per night and they took away Club Level?

Last edited:
I have always used DIS Boards in the past for the most up to date information, which has definitely been a great resource to find out the best ways to plan and learn about all the new WDW changes from resorts to attractions. I have never registered or posted anything but wanted to post this for everyone staying at Poly. We have been planning to stay at the Polynesian later this year. We reserved a 1 bedroom suite 500 days in advance and have been saving for this as we have always wanted to stay there. I just received this reply from DSS this morning and thought I should share their response:

Although in the past that room did include access to the club level lounge that has changed since our re-opening and is no longer an amenity of that particular room type. I would recommend reaching out to our resort reservations team at (407) 939-5277 and they will be more than happy to assist with modifying your resort reservation to a club level room."

This seems absolutely crazy to me given the cost of this room. Yes it is larger, but not having access to Club Level anymore I just cannot justify the nightly cost for this room. Do you think the suites will at least still have some level of service through the Tonga Club room, or is that going aways as well? This does not seem right. I will talk with the reservation team, but will cancel this reservation if this is true. Raising the nightly rate as much as they did and to remove CL services, insane! What is the benefit of paying and staying in a suite without Club Level services over just reserving a standard Club Level room?

FYI, I just looked it up Club Level room with Theme Park View $1,550 per night and the1 bedroom suite is now $2,100 per night, which is even more than when we booked. Almost $600 more per night and they took away Club Level?
I would call and speak to someone, that seems crazy. Doesn't that building have it's own lounge?

Hopefully club will return to Tonga by the time of your visit.
P.S. Sorry I missed the part where you're not going until the end of the year. In that case I would disregard the message from DSS. Just wait until club reopens at Hawaii then reassess the situation. In the past, Tonga guests had full access to the Hawaii lounge in addition to the Tonga perks. Don't cancel anything yet!

Last edited:

Hopefully club will return to Tonga by the time of your visit.
P.S. Sorry I missed the part where you're not going until the end of the year. In that case I would disregard the message from DSS. Just wait until club reopens at Hawaii then reassess the situation. In the past, Tonga guests had full access to the Hawaii lounge in addition to the Tonga perks. Don't cancel anything yet!

Wait… the lounge is not reopen yet in Hawaii? We are staying 4 nights in a CL room and then moving to the King K suite. Am I missing something?

Rooms are nice, but not worth the price their charging, as they want to reduce crowds by charging these rates. Many of us will probably find new fun destinations providing more for less, until Disney returns to the values of Walt.

We are staying the last week of January. We booked a Lagoon View room and were hoping club level would open in time for our stay and we'd be able to modify. While we know the club isn't actually open for our stay, are they allowing people to stay in the Hawaii building? Even without the actualy club, we'd love to be able to request that building and stay there if that is possible?

If not, are their any suggestions for the best Lagoon View rooms/buildings?

Thanks!

We are staying the last week of January. We booked a Lagoon View room and were hoping club level would open in time for our stay and we'd be able to modify. While we know the club isn't actually open for our stay, are they allowing people to stay in the Hawaii building? Even without the actualy club, we'd love to be able to request that building and stay there if that is possible?

If not, are their any suggestions for the best Lagoon View rooms/buildings?

Thanks!
In August, we had a Lagoon view and were placed in the Hawaii building. It was wonderful! Things may have changed though especially with your stay so close to the CL reopening. It never hurts to include that request on your reservation, and ask upon check-in.🌺

Do standard view rooms with 2 queen beds have a day bed? Looking at the Disney site, it says 1 King and a day bed or 2 queens. Looks like there's a sofa in the pictures instead-- is that a sofabed?

If I have a party of 5 is there a need to request the 2 queen bed room or will they assign it automatically based on the number of guests?

The couch is a daybed in both setups. I've only ever put two people in these rooms so I'm not sure. It seems like the kings only naturally sleep 3 now (I haven't been in one since the reno but that seems weird) so I assume they would put you in a queen. Most rooms are queens.

The couch is a daybed in both setups. I've only ever put two people in these rooms so I'm not sure. It seems like the kings only naturally sleep 3 now (I haven't been in one since the reno but that seems weird) so I assume they would put you in a queen. Most rooms are queens.
I thought the small pull down bed counted as the daybed.

Checking in today! Let me know if you have any questions while I’m there for the next two days!
Not sure if you guys are rope dropping and/or taking busses, but I’d love to know when the earliest busses (and the MK monorail) leave.

Thanks and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter