Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I asked for 70's, highest floor. Hopefully, we both get what we asked for!
That's what I asked for as well!

And the first bus for Magic Kingdom starts even earlier than the first bus for the other 3 parks.:)

32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg
Yeah, I've never had an issue getting an early one for MK. I think I've usually done around 6:30 for EMM/PPO and it shows up just a few minutes later.

For me, the way I could see using a Minnie Van would be for a later breakfast at Boma (or any other resort restaurant). That way we can sleep in and not have to worry about allowing 90 minutes for Disney transportation. Yes, I know it often doesn't really take that long, but it CAN and that's a risk I don't want to take.

Yes, there are water fountains throughout the parks. There might not be one every 20 yards, but we never had a problem filling up our water bottles when we needed to. You can also ask for a free glass of ice water from many of the QS locations (often times it is even self-serve).

Thank you. I think this is what we are going to do.

Just saw that Minnie Vans are now available at Pop! I wouldn't use one often, but there are times when they will be convenient.
Fabulous news! Been hoping they would get to PoP before our arrival in April :love:

So glad I switched to Pop (from ASM) after seeing the Minnie Van news! I had been planning on bringing a BubbleBum or MiFold so we could have the option to Uber/Lyft but now I can skip that. I hope the supply can keep up with the demand...

I don't want to stay in the 50's, but I thought that pool looked the best!
I love the 50's building and the pool. It's nice and quiet in this area. But if you have small kids the hippy dippy pool is where they will probably want to be.

So glad I switched to Pop (from ASM) after seeing the Minnie Van news! I had been planning on bringing a BubbleBum or MiFold so we could have the option to Uber/Lyft but now I can skip that. I hope the supply can keep up with the demand...
Demand has already outpaced supply. Adding another resort won't help matters, either.

Demand has already outpaced supply. Adding another resort won't help matters, either.
Right. That's why I hope Disney is planning to increase supply. It seems counterproductive to ruin a Deluxe perk by swamping it with more users without increasing supply, (then it loses its value as a selling point to upgrade your resort budget) but I suppose this wouldn't be the first time Disney does something that makes no sense to me.

I love the 50's building and the pool. It's nice and quiet in this area. But if you have small kids the hippy dippy pool is where they will probably want to be.
Our 9 yo niece will be with us. I don’t think she will honestly care as long as she gets to swim

I would do the same. Curious if you asked what's the official procedure for this? What do they expect guests to do?

Did you go directly to your room without checking in at the desk? How did you opt-out of housekeeping?

Sorry folks! We had an AMAZING time and I took a *gasp* break from DISboards as we were at the parks open to close and I was pooped when we got back to the room each night. Oh man did those rain showers feel amazing! Now I want one!! ;)

I didn't ask what I should do, just did what I feel would be appropriate. The one day I left the towels and garbage outside the room as we were leaving. I forgot something and went back within a couple of minutes and the items were already picked up!! It appeared to be pretty common for people to leave their garbage placed neatly outside their rooms.

We are Canadian so I did stop at the desk to check in as I needed to pick up our MagicBands. It was at that time that I opted out of Mousekeeping. I received my gift card by email within an hour or so.

Without having to go back through the whole thread, how much is the gift card for declining Mousekeeping? Is it a set amount per room per night? Thanks!

When I was at Pop last month, they were painting all the big Pop signs at the bus stops. Each day one of the stops would be closed and moved to the far end. I can’t imagine what else they would do that would be a refurbishment of that area. I wonder if whoever the poster talked to confused construction (and perhaps a warning regarding noise) with a refurbishment?

The one thing I can see them doing at some point is adding an extended roof over the bus area similar to what AoA has so that people are protected from the sun or rain but at the same time that would be a major refurbishment and not something that could be accomplished in the short amount of time mentioned.

As others have said, if it was a phone CM I take the information with a huge grain on salt. The phone CMs are great people but there is just so much to know about each resort and they don't seem to be given all of the information needed to express the facts.

Returned from an 8 night stay at Pop on Sunday. Had an AMAZING time!!!

Some of my thoughts:

- Declined housekeeping. As anticipated the floors started off just fine at the beginning of the trip but by the end they were gritty and had our hair on them. Nothing more than I anticipated though and I knew it was dirt we had tracked in. I would not hesitate to decline housekeeping again. I did use a wet cloth to wash the floor in the bathroom and beside the bed mid-trip just to tidy it a bit.

- Had a refurbished room with a shower only. Room felt large and more roomy than the older style did. I think a lot of this is my perspective also. We live in a small townhouse so living quarters are small all the time so I wasn't suddenly moving to a lot less space than normal. I think if I was used to living in a larger home it might have felt different. We kept the murphy bed down the entire time. After tapping my shins on it a couple of times at the beginning it was easy to avoid for the rest of the trip. There was more space between the beds and between the bed and the wall than I had anticipated. It wasn't huge but enough to move around and I'm not a tiny person.

- The showers are wonderful! I liked the option to use the rain shower at night after a long day in the park. Switching it to the other option was better for washing my hair as it provided extra pressure. We had the wall mounted shampoo, conditioner and body wash and it easily lasted our entire trip. Thought I would prefer a room with a tub but in the future I'd like the shower only option again as it was so large and easy to get in and out of.

- The only time we required supplied I pressed the Guest Services button on the phone. The CM wrote down my list and within about 20 mins another CM was at the door with all I'd asked for and far more!!

- We were never in our room for the security checks although I'd assumed they happened. We were at the parks pretty much open to close so missed them.

- One negative for us is that we were almost in the furthest room from classic hall that you could possibly be in and it was a l-o-n-g walk at the end of the day. We were on the back of building 7 facing the parking lot, 4th floor at the far end, room 7458. The room was great, I would just request a different location next time as it was about a 7-8 min slow walk at the end of a very long day in the parks. That being said, if you have a car it's a great location as it's close to the parking lot that barely had any cars in it so you could always get a close spot.

- Due to the time of year pool hours were 10am - 8pm. My daughter had Hippy Dippy pool to herself for about 10 mins the day she went for a swim.

- Bus service was great, probably the best we've ever had at Pop in our 15+ stays there! A bonus one night when we were leaving the MK after the park closed except for one of the Evening Magic Hours events was that our bus was picking up AoA and Pop passengers at stop 6. What a treat after a lot of walking!! There was a CM wearing a microphone at the bus stop asking each person where they were going.

- Parks were busier than I anticipated but it wasn't a problem, especially when we played 'Spin the Fastpass' at the MK after using our first 3. We'd check to see what we could get and then do it again. Ended up using 8 FPs between 9am and 3pm that day!

- Many 15 groups but the girls were respectful and I never heard them even though I believe there were some in rooms directly behind us. I would not hesitate to be there at the same time as them.

- My daughter and I walked around and took a lot of pictures with hopes of creating a new Pop Century thread with updated information. Will be a big undertaking but something I hope to do as some of the information at the beginning of this thread is outdated.

Cannot wait to go back to Pop in December!!!

Returned from an 8 night stay at Pop on Sunday. Had an AMAZING time!!!

Some of my thoughts:

- Declined housekeeping. As anticipated the floors started off just fine at the beginning of the trip but by the end they were gritty and had our hair on them. Nothing more than I anticipated though and I knew it was dirt we had tracked in. I would not hesitate to decline housekeeping again. I did use a wet cloth to wash the floor in the bathroom and beside the bed mid-trip just to tidy it a bit.

- Had a refurbished room with a shower only. Room felt large and more roomy than the older style did. I think a lot of this is my perspective also. We live in a small townhouse so living quarters are small all the time so I wasn't suddenly moving to a lot less space than normal. I think if I was used to living in a larger home it might have felt different. We kept the murphy bed down the entire time. After tapping my shins on it a couple of times at the beginning it was easy to avoid for the rest of the trip. There was more space between the beds and between the bed and the wall than I had anticipated. It wasn't huge but enough to move around and I'm not a tiny person.

- The showers are wonderful! I liked the option to use the rain shower at night after a long day in the park. Switching it to the other option was better for washing my hair as it provided extra pressure. We had the wall mounted shampoo, conditioner and body wash and it easily lasted our entire trip. Thought I would prefer a room with a tub but in the future I'd like the shower only option again as it was so large and easy to get in and out of.

- The only time we required supplied I pressed the Guest Services button on the phone. The CM wrote down my list and within about 20 mins another CM was at the door with all I'd asked for and far more!!

- We were never in our room for the security checks although I'd assumed they happened. We were at the parks pretty much open to close so missed them.

- One negative for us is that we were almost in the furthest room from classic hall that you could possibly be in and it was a l-o-n-g walk at the end of the day. We were on the back of building 7 facing the parking lot, 4th floor at the far end, room 7458. The room was great, I would just request a different location next time as it was about a 7-8 min slow walk at the end of a very long day in the parks. That being said, if you have a car it's a great location as it's close to the parking lot that barely had any cars in it so you could always get a close spot.

- Due to the time of year pool hours were 10am - 8pm. My daughter had Hippy Dippy pool to herself for about 10 mins the day she went for a swim.

- Bus service was great, probably the best we've ever had at Pop in our 15+ stays there! A bonus one night when we were leaving the MK after the park closed except for one of the Evening Magic Hours events was that our bus was picking up AoA and Pop passengers at stop 6. What a treat after a lot of walking!! There was a CM wearing a microphone at the bus stop asking each person where they were going.

- Parks were busier than I anticipated but it wasn't a problem, especially when we played 'Spin the Fastpass' at the MK after using our first 3. We'd check to see what we could get and then do it again. Ended up using 8 FPs between 9am and 3pm that day!

- Many 15 groups but the girls were respectful and I never heard them even though I believe there were some in rooms directly behind us. I would not hesitate to be there at the same time as them.

- My daughter and I walked around and took a lot of pictures with hopes of creating a new Pop Century thread with updated information. Will be a big undertaking but something I hope to do as some of the information at the beginning of this thread is outdated.

Cannot wait to go back to Pop in December!!!

:tinker:Sounds like a great trip!!

One other thing is that this is the first time our Touring Request for room location was not honoured. We were given a refurbished room which was my first request but the location was far away from requested room. The purple arrow indicates where I requested, the yellow arrow shows our actual room location. Not even close!!!
Pop Room Location 7458 - Jan 2018.jpg

One other thing is that this is the first time our Touring Request for room location was not honoured. We were given a refurbished room which was my first request but the location was far away from requested room. The purple arrow indicates where I requested, the yellow arrow shows our actual room location. Not even close!!!
View attachment 300732
Was your pool closed?

No chocolates thanking us for returning. :( it’s fine. Not a big deal. It’s just when you hear about it, you expect it.

Renovated rooms: love them overall. However, the floors are gross! It feels gritty like staying at a beach house.

The chocolates - is that a pop thing? new thing? Disney announced thing or just some pixie dust someone experienced? I have returned quite a few times now and have never been greeted with chocolate so wasn't sure.

Thanks for the tip on the floors. That is a HUGE pet peeve for me and I will make sure to pack slipper socks (which I usually do anyway because carpet grosses me out)

***Also posted on the Pop Room Renovations thread.***

Prior to this stay, we've never experienced issues with excessive noise. This even includes a two week stay in a refurbished room last September; maybe we just got super lucky??

So 6418 is a renovated, connecting room. The location is great being just adjacent to Everything Pop (we booked a standard room and I believe this location is considered preferred??? ). Around 7p, we were resting peacefully in our room after our long 14 hour drive, and then it went downhill real fast. The guests in the connecting room of 6419 came back. We woke up in an absolute panic thinking that they were in the room with us. I am not exaggerating. Not only could we hear EVERY WORD in their conversation, we could hear their kids splashing water in the tub, could hear every sound of them using the toilet, could hear their footsteps, could hear them unzippering their bags, could hear EVERYTHING. It was the most insane level of noise we had ever experienced anywhere in all of our travels.
Have you had connecting rooms before? We are a large party and get connecting rooms but still curious since I plan on having one side quiet early for the younger kids - we have never had sound issues and wondering if it is refurb related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter