Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
$3.00/washer and $3.00/60 min (?) of dry time. You can add more dry time in increments, but I can’t remember exactly what. The $3.00 was enough for our loads.

You pay with a credit card on a machine on the wall by selecting which washer or dryer to turn on. I think you can go to the front desk and buy a laundry card if you don’t have a credit card.

There was a vending machine with detergent and dryer sheets. I think the detergent was $1.00 for a one load box. I can’t remember on the dryer sheets (I brought my own laundry supplies).

My husband found a website called laundryview that showed which machines were in use.
Yes. We used laundryview as well.

5134. Ground floor corner room. Beautiful view of the lake. Close to Classic Hall and just across the bridge from Art of Animation. No problems with construction noise. It’s in the other side of the bridge.
Also, if you stay in those 2 60’s buildings on either side of the main pool, the closest parking lot if you’re driving, is the one labeled “check in” on the maps. In actuality, only a few of the rows are reserved for check in. Once we figured that out, we parked as close as we could to the main entrance of Classic Hall and walked through there to get to our room. It was always fun going through and soaking up some of the energy. Also, easy to grab a drink refill.

Also, if you stay in those 2 60’s buildings on either side of the main pool, the closest parking lot if you’re driving, is the one labeled “check in” on the maps. In actuality, only a few of the rows are reserved for check in. Once we figured that out, we parked as close as we could to the main entrance of Classic Hall and walked through there to get to our room. It was always fun going through and soaking up some of the energy. Also, easy to grab a drink refill.
We just discovered this as well. :thumbsup2

Checking into Pop in 10 days and would love an early check in time. I’ve noted an early arrival time on the online check in. Is it possible to call and find out if a room is ready even if a text hasn’t come in? We’ll be staying off property the first night and don’t want to leave there as early if our room isn’t available.

Checking into Pop in 10 days and would love an early check in time. I’ve noted an early arrival time on the online check in. Is it possible to call and find out if a room is ready even if a text hasn’t come in? We’ll be staying off property the first night and don’t want to leave there as early if our room isn’t available.
I feel like you could probably call and ask that morning if they have a room available for you. It’s worth a shot.

We arrive at Pop for our first stay, in 22 days!! I have been researching and reading this thread since December. Thanks for all the info. I know they now have dispensers for shower toiletries, but do offer little bottles of lotion? Thanks

No lotion at all, bottles or otherwise. The toiletries are the shower dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, plus bar soap for the sink.

I feel dumb. In all the years I've been to Pop, I never knew you could park there. I was looking at preferred pool for next summer and researching where to park since we have started driving to some of the parks lately. Thank you!!!!!

When I checked into Pop two weeks ago, I hadn't received a room ready text, so I checked in with the front desk when I got there around noon (I had requested early check-in ahead of time). They were able to find me a room, even though it wasn't in one of my preferred buildings. Even if your room isn't ready, you can always leave your luggage with bell services and head off to the park for the day. Have a great trip!

When I checked into Pop two weeks ago, I hadn't received a room ready text, so I checked in with the front desk when I got there around noon (I had requested early check-in ahead of time). They were able to find me a room, even though it wasn't in one of my preferred buildings. Even if your room isn't ready, you can always leave your luggage with bell services and head off to the park for the day. Have a great trip!
Just a warning, they didn't text us, nor did they text the other 2 families we were travelling with, when our rooms were ready. I happened to check my emails and they'd sent a message, even though I gave them my cell number to text. Just make sure you check. That's not a Pop issue though. We had the same thing happen at CBR.

Just a warning, they didn't text us, nor did they text the other 2 families we were travelling with, when our rooms were ready. I happened to check my emails and they'd sent a message, even though I gave them my cell number to text. Just make sure you check. That's not a Pop issue though. We had the same thing happen at CBR.

We also didn’t get a text, nor did we get an email...we went to Disney Springs then hopped over to MK and on the bus I decided to call because it was already after 7pm and the agent told me my room was ready, and gave me my room number. No idea how long it had been ready for.

I thought I read somewhere that the AoA drawing class is not conducted with a real live person??? Is this true? Does anyone know?

Just a heads up to International travellers, we will not receive texts even though we provide Disney with our cell. We are Canadian andbinly recrive emails.

Happy to report I got room ready emails on check in at 11am the Poly and I received a room is not quite ready at 11am and then a room ready email at 1pm at Pop. Usually I get my room ready emails a couple of days after I check in. So this is great progress! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter