Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

And there's something to be said for standing in a line that's constantly moving.

Is Skyliner access worth 166USD? We're a family of three and will be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot in May 2024 on 2 separate days (no park hopping). Should we keep our 3-nt Pop reservation or switch over to ASM and save some money? Is there a website that shows when the Skyliner closed down historically?

It's easy to see how people who love Pop feel about the additional cost. :)

Do take into account though that the skyliner will shut down if there is lightening in the area. It's happened to me multiple times. When this happens the buses and communication back to POP and Art of Animation are not great

Do take into account though that the skyliner will shut down if there is lightening in the area. It's happened to me multiple times. When this happens the buses and communication back to POP and Art of Animation are not great

I know this happens...there are many reports of frustration when the Skyliner goes down for weather reasons. But I want to share that when we were at Disney for 8 days last June (staying at AoA that time), we rode the Skyliner at least 12 times and it only went down for weather once during all of those times. We were at the CBR transfer station when it went down and they had buses there in less than 15 minutes to take everyone to DHS, EP, and Pop/AoA (and 5-7 of those15 minutes were a "holding" pattern to figure out if they were going to re-open the Skyliner or bring in buses. Once that decision was made, the buses were there very quickly). I know things aren't as easy at the DHS & EP stations. I'm sure the Skyliner went down a few other times that week, but it wasn't when we were riding it. I just want people to know that while weather can definitely affect the Skyliner and if you have bad luck it could happen when you're planning to ride, it is possible to ride it numerous times during your stay without any real issues.

We are planning to decorate our window for the first time on our next trip to Pop in September. Can anyone tell me the length of the light strand(s) you use? Also from what I have read looks like command hooks or suction cups are popular options for hanging the lights, opinions on this. Thinking of a Haunted Mansion theme with purple lights.

We are planning to decorate our window for the first time on our next trip to Pop in September. Can anyone tell me the length of the light strand(s) you use? Also from what I have read looks like command hooks or suction cups are popular options for hanging the lights, opinions on this. Thinking of a Haunted Mansion theme with purple lights.
I would recommend suction cups as command hooks have an adhesive that often removes paint when being removed (in spite of its claim to be removable). I can measure the interior dimensions of the window later this month.

I know this happens...there are many reports of frustration when the Skyliner goes down for weather reasons. But I want to share that when we were at Disney for 8 days last June (staying at AoA that time), we rode the Skyliner at least 12 times and it only went down for weather once during all of those times. We were at the CBR transfer station when it went down and they had buses there in less than 15 minutes to take everyone to DHS, EP, and Pop/AoA (and 5-7 of those15 minutes were a "holding" pattern to figure out if they were going to re-open the Skyliner or bring in buses. Once that decision was made, the buses were there very quickly). I know things aren't as easy at the DHS & EP stations. I'm sure the Skyliner went down a few other times that week, but it wasn't when we were riding it. I just want people to know that while weather can definitely affect the Skyliner and if you have bad luck it could happen when you're planning to ride, it is possible to ride it numerous times during your stay without any real issues.

In July it went down but not due to weather and we had to wait a very long time as we were stuck at CBR station. They only sent one bus for people going to pop and never sent another. Management said they can’t just get busses out of nowhere but they had a lot come to take people to the parks so they managed to get people moved that they wanted to prioritize. Eventually the skyliner resumed operation but the terrible customer service has me not returning to pop any time soon. Also, we got Coronado springs cheaper than Pop for spring break. While we could have gone and gotten an Uber or taken a bus to a park then got another bus to Pop we didn’t think they would have that terrible of service to take us from CBR to Pop. I usually don’t get angry at Disney but this really did it for me. I eventually may come back to Pop as we have had many trips there going back to 2007 or so. But I want nothing to do with the skyliner in the foreseeable future so we are doing Coronado and another stay at POFQ next year.

Okay this is probably a weird question but the last time I stayed at Pop during the pandemic there wasn’t body lotion in the room. I stay at other Disney resorts and they always have it so I usually don’t pack lotion but after staying at Pop last time and my skin being dry, I need to plan ahead. Any recent visitors to Pop know if the rooms include body lotion?

In July it went down but not due to weather and we had to wait a very long time as we were stuck at CBR station. They only sent one bus for people going to pop and never sent another. Management said they can’t just get busses out of nowhere but they had a lot come to take people to the parks so they managed to get people moved that they wanted to prioritize. Eventually the skyliner resumed operation but the terrible customer service has me not returning to pop any time soon. Also, we got Coronado springs cheaper than Pop for spring break. While we could have gone and gotten an Uber or taken a bus to a park then got another bus to Pop we didn’t think they would have that terrible of service to take us from CBR to Pop. I usually don’t get angry at Disney but this really did it for me. I eventually may come back to Pop as we have had many trips there going back to 2007 or so. But I want nothing to do with the skyliner in the foreseeable future so we are doing Coronado and another stay at POFQ next year.

I can understand your frustration. I'm sure I would have been really upset, too. But I don't want people to think that these breakdown/weather situations happen multiple times every day and that their vacation is going to be ruined because of it (buses break down as well....with people on them and then they have to wait for another bus and transfer. Happened to us one time many years ago.). It *is* possible to have a good experience with Skyliner for an entire stay. I would bet that the majority of people who stay at Skyliner resorts have very few if any issues during their stays. It's just that people don't tend to share their good experiences (which is why I posted mine), it's only the bad ones that get shared. That gives an unrealistic picture of Skyliner (or whatever is being discussed).

Okay this is probably a weird question but the last time I stayed at Pop during the pandemic there wasn’t body lotion in the room. I stay at other Disney resorts and they always have it so I usually don’t pack lotion but after staying at Pop last time and my skin being dry, I need to plan ahead. Any recent visitors to Pop know if the rooms include body lotion?
Value resorts never have lotion

Didn‘t have lotion last time I was there - only soap, shampoo, conditioner.

Pop and the other value resorts don’t provide body lotion.

Last edited:
I can understand your frustration. I'm sure I would have been really upset, too. But I don't want people to think that these breakdown/weather situations happen multiple times every day and that their vacation is going to be ruined because of it (buses break down as well....with people on them and then they have to wait for another bus and transfer. Happened to us one time many years ago.). It *is* possible to have a good experience with Skyliner for an entire stay. I would bet that the majority of people who stay at Skyliner resorts have very few if any issues during their stays. It's just that people don't tend to share their good experiences (which is why I posted mine), it's only the bad ones that get shared. That gives an unrealistic picture of Skyliner (or whatever is being discussed).
It certainly is possible and is much more likely during the non-rainy months. We stayed at Pop this past Feb. and loved using the skyliner and 0 issues.

Having said that we also stayed on the skyliner one Aug. and it was pretty terrible. It was beyond frustrating because it went down so often during our trip and agsin the biggest issue is that Disney just does NOT handle it well when it goes down. In my opinion if Disney transportation is a priority to you; I would not stay on the skyliner during rainy months, just because I feel like you're setting yourself up for failure. As much as we love the skyliner, after that Aug. trip we had, we won't return to a skyliner resort for our summer trips. Now, I know there are plenty of ppl. who are way more laid-back than me and much more just happy to be on property or who are happy to pay for ubers etc. so for them it probably isn't as big of a deal, but if someone is considering staying at a skyliner resort, prefers to rely on Disney transportation then I think it's important for them to understand the reality of what they're paying more for. The skyliner is awesome and our preferred mode of transportation...when it's working correctly, but when it's not it can be very frustrating.

Last edited:
It certainly is possible and is much more likely during the non-rainy months. We stayed at Pop this past Feb. and loved using the skyliner and 0 issues.

Having said that we also stayed on the skyliner one Aug. and it was pretty terrible. It was beyond frustrating because it went down so often during our trip and agsin the biggest issue is that Disney just does NOT handle it well when it goes down. In my opinion if Disney transportation is a priority to you; I would not stay on the skyliner during rainy months, just because I feel like you're setting yourself up for failure. As much as we love the skyliner, after that Aug. trip we had, we won't return to a skyliner resort for our summer trips. Now, I know there are plenty of ppl. who are way more laid-back than me and much more just happy to be on property or who are happy to pay for ubers etc. so for them it probably isn't as big of a deal, but if someone is considering staying at a skyliner resort, prefers to rely on Disney transportation then I think it's important for them to understand the reality of what they're paying more for. The skyliner is awesome and our preferred mode of transportation...when it's working correctly, but when it's not it can be very frustrating.
Which are the rainy months?

I was at pop in April and they did not provide the body lotion.

As someone that experienced the BS that is the buses last night trying to get to Magic Kingdom. The skyliner and the ease it allows you to get to two parks is worth every penny.

There was 7!!!!!!! Magic kingdom buses waiting or coming into Pop last night between 340 and 4. And not one of them left loaded before 4 because the drivers were not following load policy for second buses and insisting on waiting to be able to load ECVs onto every bus. It was ridiculous the drivers wasting more time yelling at each other that another wheelchair just rolled up meanwhile 2 serpentines of guests plus ridiculous amounts of overflow were all waiting. And then the same BS happens at the end of the night at magic kingdom.

I posted the below in another Thread-it would REALLY help the situation by providing Guests an option from CBR Station besides Buses when Disney Skyliner goes down.

Disney should really provide a walkway from CBR to DHS and also from CBR to POP/AoA.

I would say that it is very unlikely that they ever will but there is some hope in that it was once thought that the Grand Floridian to MK Walkway would never happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter