Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

::yes::Page 476

We are so excited to be planning another trip this summer. We booked June 9-13 at YC, but there was no other availability, so we are heading to the Poly after that. Can't wait, and excited to see YC after a great stay at BC last summer.

My question is about the refillable mugs. I did search the thread and want to see if this is correct. We can walk to the BC refill station or to Hurricane Hannah's when it's open. Does that mean you ask the bartenders for a refill? Is there a self serve spot there? As for the Ale and Compass, is it just coffee?

Thanks for any more info!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Thank you for the helpful information!

:welcome: to the thread!

:thumbsup2

I am headed down to Disney for 7 nights with my oldest son. Three of the nights will be at the Beach Club for a conference. As I do more and more research on the Beach Club, the overwhelming consensus when things are busier is that sometimes the buses fill up at Yacht Club and don't even back it to Beach Club. So, my question is, how far of a walk is it from one bus stop to the other?

:welcome:

I see your trip is like RIGHT NOW!!!

Have a great trip!

:woohoo:

Just booked our vacation for December 5th - 12th at the Beach Club concierge level. First time ever staying at the Beach Club. Yacht Club was considerably more expensive for this trip, so I took a chance on the Beach Club.

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

BC CL will be great! The lounge has been renovated and expanded and the rooms have been refurbished. Not sure if the YC will be done by the time of your trip. A majority, about 75%, of the room in BC CL have full balconies.

page 476

Hi everyone,
I have been reading through all of the posted info- thank you all so much!

I'm wondering how to request my standard 2queen room. I want to avoid the ugly flat rooftop views on floors 3, 4, and 5. (Like 3662-3762) etc, but a full balcony is important to us. I also want to avoid the first floor rooms on the walkway where ppl cut through to the villas on their way to/from EPCOT. Other than quiet, we don't have other preferences. We don't need the daybed (but would enjoy one) and don't mind being far from the elevator or lobby.

Any advice on what to request?

Thank you

When is your trip?

I don't know what others have recommended to you. I think a lot of the flat roofs are on the backside (lakeside) of the resort.

If parking lot view is ok, I suggest: Full balcony, please, 2nd floor, front entrance side of resort if possible.

If you don't need the daybed, I don't think you should add it to your request in order to emphasize the important things.

::yes::

We have a unique offer code basic package at YC and decided to come in one night early (staying at CBR). We have received our two sets of MBs, yellow luggage stickers and the package booklet for our stay at YC, but we have not received the cute souvenir luggage tags. Do those arrive separately from all these other items or do you think perhaps they messed up and forgot? I'm wondering if things got confused since our inbound flight will be at a room only reservation before we move over to our package reservation. Any thoughts?
If you have a MWY package booked then you should get your souvenir luggage tags in the same box that your MagicBands come it. They will be hiding under the packaging in the box. If you have a room only reservation then you won't get the souvenir tags.

Sat.
Flying in, get rental car, make a stop on the way to Yacht Club

Stormalong Bay for the afternoon
ADR 5:30 Cape May Café Buffet
Disney Springs evening stroll
9:00 Watch Illuminations from the beach/lighthouse area
ADR 9:40 Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
You can also see the Star Wars fireworks from the BC beach.

Sun.
ADR 7:30 Cape May Character Breakfast
EPCOT
ADR 1:15 Coral Reef
EPCOT 'til we drop
Do we need a dinner ADR, or just get out of there and eat offsite?
I would leave it flexible. You can eat at ESPN Club or Big River Grill on the Boardwalk without a reservation. Or you can hit the road and head to the Sheraton for pool time.

Thurs.
ADR 7:40 Chef Mickey's (may not keep this as we already did Cape May and teenagers don't like getting up early; will it make us late for rope drop?)
MAGIC KINGDOM
ADR 11:10 Be Our Guest
ADR 6:10 Liberty Tree Tavern
I would skip Chef Mickey's. That is just too much messing around, especially if you want to make rope drop.

I hope you have a great trip. :)

page 475

Trying to catch up...

:car:

I haven't read ahead... Did you decide to stay put or switch?

I'll update the list.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope the wait list comes through, but if not BWVs are still in a great location.

Thanks you so much for your review. Glad you had a great stay!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cheer2:
Thank you! Some of my traveling party have had to back out do j may release one room. I'm waiting to finalize who is officially coming first though, because once its gone,I Cong get it bavk

We rented DVC points to stay at a the BCV's. When I checked in online the other night, the only preference I could request was an accessible room and a ground floor room, am I doing something wrong? I had to check in on the DVC site. I wanted to request a high floor and balcony. We are staying in a studio if that matters.

I just booked BC with free dining for this Nov. Will be our first time with our two dd's - they will love the pool. We haven't been since they refurbished the rooms - they look pretty. I'm excited !

YIKES! I just tried called to book a standard room at BC for early Sept 2017 - no availability! Say it isn't so....does anyone know if rooms tend to open up?? Today marks 499 days so this is the earliest I could book....

@helenb had a good point. But another possibility is the Phone CM you spoke to didn't know what they were doing. A poster on another thread tried calling to book a room only for February 2017 and the phone CM told them it was too early they had to wait 2 weeks to book. :confused3

The CM you spoke to may not have known how to check availability for next year before the rates are out. I would call again tomorrow and would be curious if you got another result.

Hi Beach Club friends! I need some help. Does anyone have a picture of the second floor balcony on the woods view side. Maybe 2580ish. I would love to specifically see the space between the column and the wall thing. If anyone happens to know how wide the space is and how high off the balcony floor it is. My daughter and friends climbed over a balcony between rooms (errr) and I need this info if possible. Thanks!!

***edited to add that I found some great pictures. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Beach Club friends! I need some help. Does anyone have a picture of the second floor balcony on the woods view side. Maybe 2580ish. I would love to specifically see the space between the column and the wall thing. If anyone happens to know how wide the space is and how high off the balcony floor it is. My daughter and friends climbed over a balcony between rooms (errr) and I need this info if possible. Thanks!!

Here are the links to pictures on the BC View thread from the second floor rooms, woods/garden view. Not sure if what you are looking for is here.

Room 2528

Room2575

Room 2590

Room 2658???

Last edited:
page 477-478

We officially booked BC for Aug 27-Sept 4, can't wait.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information in this thread.

Hello! Please add us to the list.

I was one of the many who stayed up all night to snag Free Dining in the wee hours of Monday morning! In 2014 we stayed at BC for the first time. It was love at first sight. With me as a SAHM, Deluxes should not really be in our budget and I thought '14 would be our one and only splurge. But in planning our Sept '16 trip, I went back on the DIS Budget Board and learned some new ways of earning and saving for a WDW vaca. I "swagbucked" and "perked" my little heart out and bought gift cards at whatever % off I could find. Opened a DVA and loaded the gift cards there. Little by little I saved enough that BC became do-able again! YAY! When FD was released (4:20am?) I was on it immediately and even though I had to upgrade our plans of staying in BC Garden View to Pool/Lagoon View I am still going to be able to swing it (w/o putting us in debt!) bc of all the great tips I learned on the DIS!
We are going Sept 3rd-12th. I found flights that will have us arriving very early on our check in day and departed fairly late on check out day..... maximizing our WDW time!

Super Excited!! This never gets old!!! :yay:

I'll add you to the list!

We'll be booking a "magical deal" at the BC for 9/3-9/5. Then we move on to the GF for 6 nights.

We won't have park tickets our first 2 days. Is there enough to keep us busy for 2 days?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

You should find plenty to do, especially if your family likes to swim. There is also the Boardwalk, mini-golf nearby, campfire/movies at night and you can also see Illuminations and Hollywood Studios fireworks from various spots around the resort.

:cheer2:

Dee,
Finally finalized our dates! Back with the fam to our home away from home BCV 6/7-6/18. :banana::banana::banana: Looking forward to spending some quality time with DD who will be home from her freshman year in college and DH.

We have stayed so many times and have so many pics from our rooms but with the exception of one or two, I have no idea what the room number was :confused: (for example my avatar pic) but I will try to do better this time :upsidedow.

I keep seeing people hoping for "new" rooms. Honestly for us, we don't really care as long as we can get a large balcony overlooking the pool. Unfortunately we won't be arriving until early evening and in our experience we usually end up with the least desirable views when we arrive late and with such limited inventory and high occupancy in the villas switching is usually not an option. We thought about staying elsewhere on arrival night but figured a less desirable view at our happy place is better than a good view anywhere else. ::yes::

Hubby and I just got back from a trip to the world earlier this month where we split stayed SSR, VGF and Poly (last minute trip and couldn't get into BCV). I had lots of thoughts, observations and reviews and wondered where best to post. :disrocks:

:welcome: home!

I would love to hear your comments about your split stay. Although not BC/YC related, the comments are still helpful to everyone reading here. I have a section for trip reports/reviews and comparisons with other resorts on Page 1. Comments about other resorts are helpful for people who are familiar with them, but have not yet stayed here.

I'm not sure if this the right place to ask this so I apologize if it isn't.
Currently I have a room booked at YC but I really want BC. I keep checking online but there is no availability. Do they hold rooms back for the people who call to make reservations or is it pretty much what you see is what you get online?

When is your trip?

Room availability changes all the time (especially around 45 days out, or is it 30 now, whenever the final deposit is due to Disney). Keep checking and it doesn't hurt to call.

Did you book under any special deals (room only/free dining)? Availability for discounted rooms can be limited.

There are also third-party avenues instead of booking through Disney where you may find availability for a Beach Club Room.

Good luck!

page 479-480

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself - this will be my first time staying at the Beach Club and travelling alone (i'm going to be 25). I am honestly super excited for the Beach Club!

Which month are you going to be there?

So glad to hear you are so excited for the trip!

I look at this thread all the time but I guess I forgot to post that my family (mom,twin sister, & lil sister) and I will be staying at the YC Sept 27-Oct 2 first time staying on property. We are very excited given its proximity to Epcot and HS.

Here's your official :welcome:

Sadly we will no longer be staying at YC. We manged to switch to WL with Free Dining saved us over $1,000. But we definitely will eventually stay at YC.

Never mind! ;)

Saving that kind of $$$ is a great thing! Have a fantastic trip, and hope to see you back here someday.

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! to quote Dee...

Beach Club Marketplace
Breakfast Menu
Entrées

MickeyShaped Waffle with Bacon :yay::cheer2:

$6.79

My words, exactly!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

I just got (and posted) pictures of the BC Marketplace Menu board a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like I need updated ones already!

hi all! staying at BC august 28-sept 4th with my hubby kiddos (11 and 2) my parents and sister, in 2 rooms. this will be my 3rd time at the resort, its beautiful, i love it, love the walk to epcot. just a little bummed because when FD was announced i was a crazy person who got up and booked it at 4am, but at 4am there was only lagoon/pool view left which was a little more than i wanted to pay but since i love it there so much i went ahead with it, looking daily for a cancellation for garden view. anyways, what is the best pool/lagoon view in your opinion? do those all have full balconies? is it loud if you are by stormalong bay at night? thanks!

:cool2:

As others have mentioned, not all rooms have full balconies, so if that is important, "Full balcony, please" should be at the top of your request list.

Check out the BC room views thread to see some samples of views from WV rooms.

Forgot to post those pics from our room at the Yacht Club taken from our balcony last week. The last picture is one of the higher shots of the show at the Studios. I wasn't expecting to be able to see them and I had taken down my tripod so it's a bit blurry.

WOW!!! Awesome pictures!

Do you mind sharing the room number?

Can I add these pictures to the Room View thread?

We are headed to BCV in 21st to the 30th, this will be our first time at this resort. Anything special for this resort we need to add to our packing list? I got the pool noodles and marshmallows, anything else you found helpful for this resort?

Is your trip this month?

Not specific to the resort, but I always pack Glide stick to relieve chafing issues and moleskin for blisters that form after all the walking at Disney.

Last edited:

When is your trip?

Room availability changes all the time (especially around 45 days out, or is it 30 now, whenever the final deposit is due to Disney). Keep checking and it doesn't hurt to call.

Did you book under any special deals (room only/free dining)? Availability for discounted rooms can be limited.

There are also third-party avenues instead of booking through Disney where you may find availability for a Beach Club Room.

Good luck!

Actually I ended up switching dates and BC was available for them but the price was more than I wanted to spend. We will be at BWV so at least I'll have a view of BC :)

My sister just made our reservation for Food and Wine (Festival, not race!) so we are coming back with Pop- Oct 10-14. I am so excited that she was able to get BC because online was not showing anything, but it was available by calling.

Is it October yet?

page 481-482

@Cramden Great Shots. You get a super view of the Star Wars fireworks from the beach!

26691415551_4ec4a3e5f6_h.jpg

AWESOME!!!

I've been abusing the relatively easy ability to constantly Change reservations from Disney's site quite liberally.... Originally I booked a 7 night/8 day trip to Port Orleans Riverside, but that's where we stayed last time (in 2013) so I changed it to Beach Club Std View/Std level. Again, I talked myself into a bit of an upgrade to the Club Level after finding a unique offer code in a stack of my rotting junk mail. Once I applied that (which was an adventure since the agent SWORE the final cost using the unique offer would be MORE than my original booking and it took about an hour and a half to get her to realize she was comparing the original booking WITHOUT airfare and the new booking WITH airfare)... The cost for club level was less than the std.

So we'll be there Jun 17-24. Can't wait. Decided on BC due to it's really close proximity to Epcot and the lazy river. I'm going to enjoy running off over to Epcot for final hour or two at night with the wife :D

My two kids (15 son, 10 daughter) are excited -- but no where near as excited as my wife and I!!

Gaurhoth

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

Awesome upgrade!

Just wanted to say that I'm back from my stay at the Yacht Club and although there were a couple of hiccups (2 of the Magic Bands wouldn't open our door and had to be reset), my parents and I had an excellent stay. Cast members were all excellent - very friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night and it was one of the best meals of our whole trip - my parents said that their steaks were amazing and I went OTT and had lobster, which was excellent - the service there is truly outstanding as well - the staff went above and beyond.

My parents have never stayed at a Disney property before and they really loved the location, especially being able to walk to Epcot. We only had a basic standard room so there was no view, but that didn't matter. Also, we were warned that we might hear the fireworks for the marathon being run over the weekend but we never heard anything. The only thing that annoyed us was that we bought a bottle opener from the store and it snapped in half the second time we used it - same thing happened with the replacement. So my pro tip is that if you're planning to buy a bottle of wine at YC, bring your own bottle opener ... :D

All in all, I was really pleased that they enjoyed their stay and I am really chuffed that I called it right with the Yacht Club. I'm not going to be able to come back to Disney for a few years (need to save my money) but when I do, I will definitely be staying at YC again.

1F

Thanks for sharing your comments. I'm glad to hear you and your parents enjoyed your stay.

We just got home a few hours ago from our first stay at YC, and we are hooked! We booked a GV/WV room online with an AP discount and added DDP for sheer convenience - paid in full at time of booking, as it was within 30 days from our arrival date. We were en route on Friday morning and received a text that our room was ready - room 3127 - unexpected, but very much-appreciated, upgrade to LV/PV! We had an incredibly relaxing long weekend and will definitely stay here again.

We did not see any BB offer in the room, so we stopped by the desk to check out and ask... we were told that they were not offering any BB discounts/offers at this time.

Thanks for your review!

Concerning the Bounceback- according to the info I have on Page 1, you can call extension 8844 from your room phone or call (407) 939-1923 to book. I wonder if that is still the case.

Offer Codes for 2016: Room Only Y574L and Free Dining K822W

Last edited:
page 483-485

So I'm going to try an experiment here. I shot these using my remote shutter through the Nikon app. When I do that it also saves the images (as jpegs) to my phone and then my phone automatically uploads to Google Photos. I messed around at the airport on the way home and created a nice little animation with it using the jpegs so I'm going to try and post that. I did edit the RAW files so these aren't my "edits", and some of the shots didn't turn out great, but the animation was pretty cool and should give you a good idea of what to expect. Lets see if I can pull this off.

LOVE THIS!!!

If you don't mind, I am going to link this post to the FAQ question- Can you see fireworks from the resort/outside the park?

:worship:

Was trying to think of a word that was better than Wow or Awesome or WooHoo. I guess the only word would be....(unfortunately not Star Wars related, but)..

Supercalifragilisticexpialdocious!

That is really... Leaves me speechless. Thank you for sharing!

How about "Galactic!"

:darth::chewy::yoda:

Yesss....arriving from UK on october 3rd for our 1st visit to the Yacht club for 14 nights with free dining plan. Had originally booked to stay at WL (booked last May before construction plans were revealed) and after much conversation(!) with Virgin Holidays, they agreed to move us to the Yacht club. Very excited, as we have always wanted to stay at one of the Epcot resorts.
I will be a regular visitor to this great thread between now and October.

Glenn.

:welcome: Glenn.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Hope to see you posting here early and often. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hello BC friends!

Dee, can you add us to the Be Our Guest list? December 21-27, BC.

Are we nuts for coming at Christmas? Please tell me it will be okay!

It will be my pleasure to add you to the list.

Don't know what to say to reassure you, but you will be at the World during the most wonderful time of the year, and being so close to EPCOT will be a great advantage.

Have a gingerbread shingle for me!

:santa:

Going to stay at Yacht Club in August for one night before taking the rest of our trip to the Sheraton Vistana Resort. We are getting "free" timeshare from the in-laws, so I couldn't pass up that price. It's me, DH, DD (17), DS (14), DS (13). It's our second time at Disney, first time on property stay. We haven't been in 10 YEARS!! We have a simple plan in place for now, just getting started with dates set and everything. What do you think? We really want to do MK, EPCOT, and UNIVERSAL. I'm planning my days by green lights on Undercover Tourist. My DD claims she dislikes theme parks now, so we have a reluctant teenager on our hands, and it's going to be hot in August, so I tried to work in some flexible days for other activities. I'm not sure if DHS or AK would be a hit.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

When I get a chance, I'll provide some feedback on your plan.

:wizard:

We have a unique offer code basic package at YC and decided to come in one night early (staying at CBR). We have received our two sets of MBs, yellow luggage stickers and the package booklet for our stay at YC, but we have not received the cute souvenir luggage tags. Do those arrive separately from all these other items or do you think perhaps they messed up and forgot? I'm wondering if things got confused since our inbound flight will be at a room only reservation before we move over to our package reservation. Any thoughts?

Don't know about the luggage tags. Will you be collecting your luggage at MCO yourself instead of having it delivered directly to CBR? Or are you going to contact Magical Express to get the yellow tags for luggage delivery?

I wanted to make my 100th message a little special. Our family has been to WDW many times. I am an obsessive planner, and even love to research and help others plan their WDW trips. I remember when the internet first started having sites where you could search and communicate with other Disney fanatics. I mainly just search and stalk until it gets closer to a trip, which is the case here. Reading posts and researching brings me such joy. This by far is the best forum out there in my opinion. I'm posting this here because my family absolutely loves YC and cannot wait to be back at our happy place later this month! Thank you all. :)

AWWWW!!!

Thanks for making this the place for your milestone post!

:grouphug:

We rented DVC points to stay at a the BCV's. When I checked in online the other night, the only preference I could request was an accessible room and a ground floor room, am I doing something wrong? I had to check in on the DVC site. I wanted to request a high floor and balcony. We are staying in a studio if that matters.

BUMP!

Hmmm... as far as I know, these are the BCV options (not sure why they have the option for full balcony because all villas have a large balcony. I'm not sure about the whole renting points process- does the member have to make the request for you.

BCV%20online%20check-in.png

I just booked BC with free dining for this Nov. Will be our first time with our two dd's - they will love the pool. We haven't been since they refurbished the rooms - they look pretty. I'm excited !

Actually I ended up switching dates and BC was available for them but the price was more than I wanted to spend. We will be at BWV so at least I'll have a view of BC :)

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a great trip.

My sister just made our reservation for Food and Wine (Festival, not race!) so we are coming back with Pop- Oct 10-14. I am so excited that she was able to get BC because online was not showing anything, but it was available by calling.

Is it October yet?

That is awesome! I'll add you to the list.

A little bummed that I will just be missing you. My DH and I check in at YC on Oct 16 to be joined by our entourage of friends.

:wave2:

Last edited:
Today is the day BCV day!!!

If anyone wants me to check things out or take pictures let me know.

party:

First off, have a fantastic trip!

As it happens, I have a wish list:

If you are in a renovated room, PICTURES PLEASE!

Update of where BCV construction is taking place.

Menu board at BC Marketplace

Is there distilled water at BC Marketplace?

Beaches & Cream takeout board

Menu boards at Hurricane Hanna's and Ale & Compass

Any of these that you are able to get would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter