Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

ummmm, I'm on the phone right now with a CM who is telling me that the "main pool" is going to be closed for refurbishment during my stay (Sept 16-26) has anyone else heard this????????

Thanks Best Aunt for the DVC studio room pics! I was the one who asked about the coffee pot size. We can make it work with the 4-cup since it is just the two of us. The interior of the fridge is going to help me plan our Garden Grocer order. I appreciate you taking the time during your short stay. Hope your back is feeling better!!:flower1:

For the split stayers and luggage transfers...

I'm moving from the poly to BC. that morning we plan to sleep in a bit. Head over to he BC by über with our own luggage. Then walk over to WS for our ADR at VN. Then back to he BC for pool time. So we have to have our luggage. I don't want to take any chances.

Then to DHS for PM EMH.

My Dad said he wanted EVERYONE, so in order to give everybody what they wanted (pool time, day at AK, a chance to ride every ride in every park, everyone there together, BBB for the 9 year old, a relaxed pace, and deal with avoiding every single negative thing my SIL has thrown at us... all this now in THREE full DAYS, plus 2 travel days) we had to do a tour guide. We are doing AK our own, one day in MK and one day for Epcot/HS with the tour guide.

We have been hiding the drama from my dad, it's his trip. Logistically, basic rooms, tour guide, dining plan, was the best option based on what my dad wanted to spend and the complex logistics of getting 10 people to Disneyworld. CL would not be a benefit, except for breakfast, and the price difference is not worth it, but I would be tickled pink for my dad to walk into a suite.

I'm not sure on the specifics on VIP tours but I think with 10 people you will need to pay for 2 tour guides. Another option you may want to look into is the new tour they offer called "Ultimate Day of Thrills" that takes you on all the big E ticket rides. There is information on the website HERE It is $299 per person and admission is not included so it may not be cheaper than having the regular tour guide which starts at $400 per hour minimum of 6 hours (but that maybe times two depending on if your group size requires two guides). However if money is not an issue, then pick whatever sounds more appealing to your groups needs and desires.

ummmm, I'm on the phone right now with a CM who is telling me that the "main pool" is going to be closed for refurbishment during my stay (Sept 16-26) has anyone else heard this????????

Unless something happened this week, no it is not going to be closed in September for refurb. I'll check tomorrow when I go into work to see if an emergency repair has been scheduled for September but normal refurb on the SAB is done in 3 sections so whole pool is never down entirely and it is done in January, February and March (cool months).

Thank you SO much Teena! I feel better knowing you are on the case! The CM I was speaking to DID seem a little uncertain of things in general. It took me 4 attempts to explain to him that I was calling to add room requests to my reservations.

I'm not sure on the specifics on VIP tours but I think with 10 people you will need to pay for 2 tour guides. Another option you may want to look into is the new tour they offer called "Ultimate Day of Thrills" that takes you on all the big E ticket rides. There is information on the website HERE It is $299 per person and admission is not included so it may not be cheaper than having the regular tour guide which starts at $400 per hour minimum of 6 hours (but that maybe times two depending on if your group size requires two guides). However if money is not an issue, then pick whatever sounds more appealing to your groups needs and desires.

Assuming the time is the same...The ultimate day of thrills is more expensive then the private tour for 10. Wow!
10 people is 1 tour guide. 11 people is 2 tour guides. We were quoted 360 per hour and 10 people max is on my confirmation from Disney. It is $800 cheaper for the VIP tour for 10...the page you linked also shows the VIP tour pricing and limits. Also with a private tour guide we do not have to subject my SIL to other unsuspecting people. :rolleyes:

Now, food is included on that tour and is not on ours, but I doubt we will be using every single food credit as it is...

Thank you Best Aunt and Wishes Count for your reports/details. Reports like these help a ton of people making there visits magical!
And bless you White Rose..........Just wow.

I have shared other details in other places but the main obstacle is my SIL! Lol...free trip to Disney and she is as miserable as possible about the whole thing. Rofl...one of the things she did which is most memorable is telling the kids that someone drove a Lamborghini on Test Track and was killed, so you can not ride that ride....LOL.

She also said that Disney could not handle my niece's peanut alergy, and that the 5 kids did not want to go (they are so syched to go they want to talk about it all the time...)

I am not a drinker...but planning this trip (surrounded by her sabotages and negativity) has tried our patience and during the trip, I am seriously thinking about possibly drinking the stress away just so I do not blow up at her and ruin it for the 9 of us who want to be there. We have tried to offer her a spa day or a day at the pool or anywhere else she wants to be...she said no...sigh.

What would you do?

Keep on smiling!

Okay, people, I'm back. I had promised to investigate some things during my 24 hours at the Beach Club Villas. My back was bothering me, so I didn't do much while I was there. Sorry about that.

Some people have asked about the food available for purchase in the Yacht Club gift shop. To be honest, if I were staying in the Yacht Club, I would pop over to the Beach Club Marketplace if I wanted to buy food for my room. The Beach Club Marketplace has a bigger food selection. But if you're too tired to get over there, here are the adult beverages at the Yacht Club gift shop in July 2015:

]

Thank you so much for all your research and the great pictures!!! I'll add these to the marketplace/fittings post on page 1.

Hope that your back is feeling better.

How was the convention?

if we did not do the private two for two days we would need to extend the trip by 2 days...which is impossible, and would negate any savings from not doing the tour guides...we only have three days plus 2 travel days to do 4 parks. CL is not a benefit we'd take advantage of as much as I'd like it, it would not be a value add... we are on the dining plan and not going to be in the hotel except for sleeping and pool time - but the kids are whining they will have to share beds, and they are used to more space.

full logistics details...my oldest nephew (17 and a college freshman starting in august) has never done Animal Kingdom and because of timing, was not going to come with us because he is starting school etc. We were trying to plan the trip sometime in august before the kids (and he) went back to school. My SIL then went ahead and planned outings and trips for her to go with my brother during that time so we could not book anything....then we planned the trip to be Sept 1 to the 7th (with the oldest nephew joining us Sept 4-7 over labor day weekend!!) but my SIL, trying to sabotage the trip, planned additional things for various members of the family, including concert tickets etc on the first and second of Sept after we told her the dates. We shortened the trip to be Sept 3-7, cutting out universal for the majority of the group...but we need a dedicated day for Animal kingdom or else my oldest nephew won't come down from school.

My Dad said he wanted EVERYONE, so in order to give everybody what they wanted (pool time, day at AK, a chance to ride every ride in every park, everyone there together, BBB for the 9 year old, a relaxed pace, and deal with avoiding every single negative thing my SIL has thrown at us... all this now in THREE full DAYS, plus 2 travel days) we had to do a tour guide. We are doing AK our own, one day in MK and one day for Epcot/HS with the tour guide.

We have been hiding the drama from my dad, it's his trip. Logistically, basic rooms, tour guide, dining plan, was the best option based on what my dad wanted to spend and the complex logistics of getting 10 people to Disneyworld. CL would not be a benefit, except for breakfast, and the price difference is not worth it, but I would be tickled pink for my dad to walk into a suite.

Maybe bring air mattresses do kids dont have to share a bed! We've done that in case we get a room without a day bed. Can be deflated so it takes up less room than a rollaway

As I've said seems like all rooms and suites are booked for the next month! We did the big family trip for my mom's 80th birthday. I'm sure your dad will be thrilled being there with the whole family just like my mom was. It is one if her most favorite memories!

Thanks Best Aunt for the DVC studio room pics! I was the one who asked about the coffee pot size. We can make it work with the 4-cup since it is just the two of us. The interior of the fridge is going to help me plan our Garden Grocer order. I appreciate you taking the time during your short stay. Hope your back is feeling better!!:flower1:

Glad I could help!

I frequently have dreams that the room is horrendous and the CMs won't do anything about it, or that the Soccer Dad who pushed me out of the way to get off the ME bus and checked-in first got some huge Pixie-Dusted upgrade that would have gone to us if we had gotten there first.

Do I need to get a hobby?

LOL.

I had a dream we were family of the day and got upgraded to One of those bungalows at Poly!
I'm claiming single digits too since in 5 :scared1: days we drive to Seattle to catch flight to Ft Lauderdale for 10 days pre wdw!!

Grizzly?? Very cool!

:scratchin :dance3:

I've only had the one dream, fortunately. Not sure whether an upgrade dream would be good or bad - depends on how I felt when I woke up and realized it wasn't real.

I always take a cab with luggage over to new resort. It's worth it for peace of mind that my stuff will be there when I want it. I think people say if wdw transfers they don't start till 3:00

I'm going to take a cab while my sister takes the kids to DTD. Unless they want to walk to the BC through Epcot, which I think would be fun, too. I'm confident my oldest daughter and niece can navigate their way to either place. My sister is hopeless. She's as bad as my mom, who somehow got lost on the Pagnani trail at AK last August.

Today, Amara and I got pedicures, which I've made a tradition before we go to WDW. I've started to pack things up a bit. Or, rather, I've started putting things in piles. I would say at least half the clothes I'm packing are things I won't be wearing in the next few days.

White Rose, if you are looking for a good character breakfast, look no further than Cape May Cafe!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter