• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**DisVids - Come and Introduce Yourself and Meet Your Fellow UK Dissers**

hi im bex

im 28 and have 3 children , 2 boys and a girl they are 3,4,5 !!

im very undecisive and find it hard to commit to anything hence the reason i find this planning so hard and annoying !!
before having my children i was working in a recruitment agency and studying for my law degree

my oh hes 24 and a self employed plaster , though at the moment its a bit rubbish so looking for a fulltime job !! ,

we live in wakefield west yorkshire

Hi, I have posted a couple ofthings on the Uk boards, but i mainly Lurk :goodvibes

I am trying to particiapate a bit more these days. :O)

The Real Me: Andrea aged 29 DH Martin 37 - DD1 Summer Rose 3 DD2 Lacey Belle 1 and for good measure DD3 is due in about 10 days time EEK!!:scared1:

Occupation: When not on maternity leave i am a claims negotiator for a travel insurance company.

Favourite Park: Epcot - Love world showcase and Illuminations Rocks.

Favourite rides: ToT and Soarin' - The last visit i was pregnant so couldnt ride hardly any of the rides so the next trip i intend to ride them all :rotfl2:

Favourite resort: OKW we come back every year :O)

Best Disney moment: There have been many, but by far the first time my 1 year old saw Mickey Mouse. She literally grabbed his nose when he bent down and wouldnt let go, kept kissing it. Very cute, but the CM was slightly afraid Mickey might have an accident which may have resulted in a few tears from other chidren as it was a vice like grip she had :rotfl2:

Worst Disney moment: Nothing to do with disney, but travelling with my In laws 2 years running, the arguments the first year should have been a warning, this years were unlike anything i have ever seen - Swore NEVER again and meant it - Even to the point i would rather NOT go back than go ANYWHERE with them again! Just shows how bad they are :rotfl:

favourite Restaurant onsite: Raglan Road and House of Blues, although was disappointed they had taken the Wild Mushroom and chicken Pasta off the menu on the last visit as this was my ultimate fav dish in DTD!

Favourite Restaurant offsite - Chilli's and Bubba Gump - just love the shrimpin dippin Broth! No matter how hot it is outside i always order this dish and its got quite a kick.

Cant wait for my girls to be old enough to do Discovery Cove. My Hubbie and I got married in the Domincan Republic and swam with dolphins on our honeymoon, cant wait to share this experience with our girls. :love:

Worst Disney moment: Nothing to do with disney, but travelling with my In laws 2 years running, the arguments the first year should have been a warning, this years were unlike anything i have ever seen - Swore NEVER again and meant it - Even to the point i would rather NOT go back than go ANYWHERE with them again! Just shows how bad they are :rotfl:

Yep can feel your pain on that one...been there also:rotfl:

Welcome and good luck in 10 days time with DD3:)

Thanks - think i'll need it.

Its a shame on UK soil they are fine - But the altitude when flying seems to provide them with a temporary personality transplant!!

However, they are the type that think they are in the right no matter what the circumstances. I refuse to expose my kids to that kind of crazy anymore. LOL :rotfl:

Am looking forward to 4 weeks of just Hubbie and the Kids be nice to just do our own thing. Without worrying about what the other "grown ups" are getting up to!

Hi :wave2:

I am Michelle and I am Disney crazy (aren't we all!?)

Family: DH 27

Favourite park: Ohh, it's a toss up between EPCOT and HS

Favourite resort: Dolphin was a lovely hotel, great location. Although AKL was awesome because we were lucky enough to get upgraded to Savannah view, eating breakfast on the balcony and watching the Giraffes every morning was AMAZING!!

Favourite attraction: EE, TT, ToT, Rock'n Rollercoaster, Splash Mountain and BTTMRR

Favourite restaurant: Soooo much good food, but I would have to say that I really enjoyed Boma.

Favourite characters: Mary Poppins. It is my life long dream to work at Disney and be MAry Poppins in the parade

Been on the boards for a few years, but I've only just discovered this thread so thought I'd add my little profile to it!
Pretty much I'm just copying the above post and replacing with my answers (thanks Emma!!!).

Family: DW29, no kids

Favourite park: Epcot, 100%, with MK coming in 2nd

Favourite resort: Onsite we've only done Dolphin and AKL, but doing YC next sept. Fave so far is the Dolphin. Love it so much, and love the location.

Favourite attraction: Can't choose just one... Space mountain, test track, splash mountain, love spaceship earth for nostalgia reasons. Also have a weird love for tomorrow land transit authority...

Favourite restaurant: One of my favourite things about wdw is the dining. Resort wise, I love Cali grill and citricos. Boma and Sanaa are also cool. In the parks, I love the world showcase. San angel inn is soooo romantic and different. Love morocco too, and always love going to the rose and crown.

Favourite characters: Donald duck is hilarious, has to be him.

Not much else to say. Clearly, I love Disney! Always love watching the films, but particularly I love the parks. I'd go a few times a year if I could afford it. My favourite park is wdw, it's the most magical, for me, by a mile. I'm literally counting down the days to our next holiday there, and am already planning our schedule and dining (I know, really sad).

So hi to all of you. Probably I've spoken to a lot of you before but nice to make it formal! By the way, it's 429 days...

According to the powers that be I’m supposed to give my details here. And introduce myself

So here goes.

Firstly Hello I’m Tony.

I’m older than I would care to be, but still young enough to enjoy life.

1. Married (25 Years)

2. Wife (Yes )

3. Children (Yes) 2 all grown up and the twins aged 7.

4. Dog (Yes )

5. Live in Gods county of Yorkshire. Any Yanks reading this we are the Texas of England. Big, Bold, Brassy and the Best.

6. Been to Disney more times than I care to Remember. First time we went Old Town was called New Town.

7. Favourite Park……………………… Hollywood Studies.

8. Favourite Resort………………… All Star Music. I just loved the atmos.

9. Favourite Pig Out Stop…………. Too many to say. But if you push me 50s Prime and Dine. I just love the chicken.

10. Favourite Ride……………………… Star Tours, Tower Of Terror, and It’s
a small world……. Joking! Like everyone over the age of 12 I hate it with a passion.

11. Favourite Character…………….. Donald, He has attitude.

12. Favourite none Disney…………. Don’t make me laugh how anyone
could compete with Disney is unthinkable! Ok Universal studios had a couple of good bit but it’s not Disney.

So that’s about it. Nothing exciting I know. Just your average Disney Nut who thought he’d pass on his years of experience to anyone who cares to listen.

And please take all comments in the spirit that they are given………………. Tongue in Cheek and hopefully not the least offensive. If I do upset anyone, please note it is totally unintentional and I am truly sorry.

Regards

T

Ps. I can't spell..................sorry

Hello all,

My name is Paul, live in West Yorkshire with my oh Sarah and ds who is 3, we are hopefully going to see Mickey and his friends next year in the summer holidays.

just wanted to say hi to everyone and think the site is great, this will be our first trip to the US so i think we are going to need lots of advice and i thank you in advance for your help and hope we dont ask too many silly questions.

thanks u' all

Great to find out about members new & old.

Tony, I spent a lot of time in Liversedge when I was younger my Auntie & Uncle lived on Milton Gardens, my other Uncle lives on Thornleigh Drive.

Paul, I used to know Garforth quite well, we have 2 lots of friends who live in Rothwell so had plenty of meals out that way, Swan at Aberford one of our favourites although not been for a long time. We used to goto a club in Garforth for a drink, on the main Aberford rd but its a lot of years ago so can't remember the name, its probably an Indian or Chinese restaurant now :rotfl2:

Hi Wayne,

we are quite new to Garforth (about three years) but we love the place, i went to the swan a few years ago and was introduced to Barnsley chops (nearly fell off my chair when i saw the size of the plate) it was a really nice place when i visited.

the club im not sure about but there is an Aagrah there on Aberford rd now so you could be right about that one :)

Hi Wayne,

we are quite new to Garforth (about three years) but we love the place, i went to the swan a few years ago and was introduced to Barnsley chops (nearly fell off my chair when i saw the size of the plate) it was a really nice place when i visited.

the club im not sure about but there is an Aagrah there on Aberford rd now so you could be right about that one :)

They used to do a mixed grill (Billy Bunter?) it didn't come on a plate, it came on a tray it was so big. All their food was large portions but it must be 2 years since we visited.

I hope no one minds me popping in here! I lurk and occasionally post - I'm not sure if there are any other Irish Disboard-ers so I'm here to chat with and steal ideas from you lovely UK neighbours of mine :goodvibes

Husband: James, also 30. Met 14/08/2002, engaged 08/02/2009 at MK, married 11/05/2011 followed by Disneymoon

Kids: Will, 6 months old - our Disneymoon baby :goodvibes

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom, although EPCOT is a very close second!

Favourite Resort: Contemporary, although I want to stay at GF someday :love:

Favourite Attraction: Hmmm, this is a hard one! Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin', Tower of Terror - there's my fave from each park ;)

Favourite Restaurant: Rose & Crown, Earl of Sandwich

Favourite Characters: Ariel and Belle are my favourite princesses but I love love love Winnie the Pooh!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and I apologise in advance for any silly questions I may ask!! :blush: Its so nice to meet people who are so obviously Disney obsessed like I am!!! :banana:

Looking forward to getting to know you all and I apologise in advance for any silly questions I may ask!! :blush: Its so nice to meet people who are so obviously Disney obsessed like I am!!! :banana:

No appolgies required, there are no silly questions (unless you are going to ask what time is the 3 o'clock parade, now that is a silly question:rotfl:)
I look forward to trying to help with any questions you have.:goodvibes

wayneg said:
No appolgies required, there are no silly questions (unless you are going to ask what time is the 3 o'clock parade, now that is a silly question:rotfl:)

Thanks :) I really like this part of the Dis :) Everyone seems really close and tight knit. Like a smaller community than the US side so its easier get to know the frequent posters! :goodvibes

there might not be any silly questions, but there's no shortage of silly answers!!!! ;)

I hope no one minds me popping in here! I lurk and occasionally post - I'm not sure if there are any other Irish Disboard-ers so I'm here to chat with and steal ideas from you lovely UK neighbours of mine :goodvibes

Husband: James, also 30. Met 14/08/2002, engaged 08/02/2009 at MK, married 11/05/2011 followed by Disneymoon

Kids: Will, 6 months old - our Disneymoon baby :goodvibes

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom, although EPCOT is a very close second!

Favourite Resort: Contemporary, although I want to stay at GF someday :love:

Favourite Attraction: Hmmm, this is a hard one! Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin', Tower of Terror - there's my fave from each park ;)

Favourite Restaurant: Rose & Crown, Earl of Sandwich

Favourite Characters: Ariel and Belle are my favourite princesses but I love love love Winnie the Pooh!

hi Pamela!! we're not ALL UK people here.....but definitely the nicest people here!!!

your favorite restaurants are my family's faves as well!!!

Thanks :) I really like this part of the Dis :) Everyone seems really close and tight knit. Like a smaller community than the US side so its easier get to know the frequent posters! :goodvibes

I am glad thats how you feel. We are not as large as the main boards or other Disney forums so we get to know each other quite well.
99.9% of people that post in our forum have their own opinion on things but they respect that others have differing opinions, there is no right or wrong way of doing a trip to Florida, its all about finding the right way for your family.
Hope you stick around for us to help you plan and also for you to help others plan.

there might not be any silly questions, but there's no shortage of silly answers!!!! ;)

Is that directed at me? :rotfl2:

wayneg said:
I am glad thats how you feel. We are not as large as the main boards or other Disney forums so we get to know each other quite well.
99.9% of people that post in our forum have their own opinion on things but they respect that others have differing opinions, there is no right or wrong way of doing a trip to Florida, its all about finding the right way for your family.
Hope you stick around for us to help you plan and also for you to help others plan.

Sounds like my type of place ;) My DH already sees me becoming addicted to lurking here so I'll definitely be posting more now I've finally gotten around to introducing myself :)
As for helping others plan - well most of my friends and family call me their personal travel advisor LOL! Be nice to help others on here, as well as all the idea "borrowing" I seem to be doing (we won't call it idea stealing, thats just a nasty word lol!)

Is that directed at me? :rotfl2:

Surely not .... you can't be getting ALL the credit :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Sounds like my type of place ;) My DH already sees me becoming addicted to lurking here so I'll definitely be posting more now I've finally gotten around to introducing myself :)
As for helping others plan - well most of my friends and family call me their personal travel advisor LOL! Be nice to help others on here, as well as all the idea "borrowing" I seem to be doing (we won't call it idea stealing, thats just a nasty word lol!)

i have learned so much on this board - besides just making planning easier, it's saved me a bundle of money over the years!!!!

and everyone is so nice, it makes it all that much more fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter