DLP secrets!

TeamJones22

Cashback!
Sorry to bother you all with yet another thread,but i noticed a while ago on the WDW forum that they had a massive thread full of all the secrets in the parks,and some of them were really interesting.I know of one or two in DLP,like the heartbeating grave at boot hill in the Phantom Manor garden,but aside from that ive never really seen any. Are there any others in DLP,and if not,does anyone else find it a bit disappointing that there are so many in WDW but none in DLP?

There are a lot of at DLRP.

The rocking stone
the changing flower
the changing painting
the phone at the photo shop
the light machine at the WDS

Greets Renate :wizard:

Oh right,funny the stuff you dont noticed.where are all those situated? Light machine at the WDS?whats that?
Sorry to be so clueless!

This is one of the things I love most about Disneyland, the little hidden things like that. :lovestruc I know there are a few little sound effects in various places across the park... for example, there are dentist noises at one end of Discovery Arcade... what else, hmm. I believe one of the bricks with people's names on, before you enter the park, says "Mickey Mouse". Couldn't tell you where exactly it is, though!

Renate

Can you tell us what the secrets are to the things that you listed. We will look out for them when we go in October.

Susan and Kirsty

Bump! :Pinkbounc

I too would like to know more about the secrets Renate mentioned. I think I know some of them:

The rocking stone Renate mentioned is in Adventureland, I think underneath the Pont Suspendu (rope bridge thing) in Adventure Isle. You sit on the stone and it rocks.

One of the windows upstairs in the castle changes from 2 doves to a rose (never would've noticed this if I hadn't read about it on the boards once!)

There is a changing picture in Toad Hall Restaurant in Fantasyland (just inside the entrance I think).

Anyone know about the phone in the photo shop or the light machine at WDS???

When you at the photo shop at Town Square there is an ols fashend phone beside Walts buro. Pick up the earpiece and listen ;)

The lightmashine is at Studio 1 within the restaurant area. There you can change the lights.

And go to the new Coolpost opposite to the Pizza Outpost and open the Cokebox and listen to the ols phone.

Greets Renate :wizard:

IIRC there's a garbage bin in WDS that talks to you. It's near the coffee stand near the Aladdin ride.

The motorcycle in front of café Les Cascadeurs.

The vent at the exit of Armageddon.

There's a fake door inside the queing of Rock 'n Roller coaster. If you put your ear on it, you can hear some sounds.

Not sure if it's still there, but there was a Coca-Cola bicycle in front of the Art of Disney Animation with the same effect as at the Cool Post.

There's a mirror on the facade of Dapper Dan's Hair Cuts. If you stand in front of it, you have a mustache.

If you take a flash picture of the raven in the Galerie of the Chateau, you'll notice on your picture that the raven got red eyes.

thank you! these are all very interesting and im lookin forward to seeing them all when we go next.
''The motorcycle in front of café Les Cascadeurs.

The vent at the exit of Armageddon.''

What do they do?i havent noticed the motorcycle so ill have to keep an eye out for it!

I really enjoy all the little touches and theming that are involved in the rides at DLP,i think they are the difference between a good time and a great time,so please keep all these secrets coming!

The motorcycle has been taken away for a few months, but it's back. You can sit on it for a photo and when you do so, it'll start making motor noises and a horn.
http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/backlot/cascadeurs.php

The vent will start blowing really hard! It's a vent they actually use on real movie sets.

To tell you a little secret about this one... It was supposed to be a part of the Flying Carpets ride. You see, Genie was supposed to film a desert storm sequence for Aladdin, so the vent would be part of it. But now it's just a "flying over Agrabah ride" without that sandstorm. :upsidedow

Oh, I found another one!

Near the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a Studios truck with a piano in the load. If you hit the buttons, you'll hear music.

Oh, here's a really great one! I've found it in From Sketch to Reality.

If you look at the Transportation Co. building in Main Street, you'd might recongnize the silhouette of Sleeping Beauty Castle in California.

I think this one is my favourite!

I took some pictures of those little secrets on our last trip. I'll put them all ona page on Photos Magiques. I'll let you know when everything is up & running.

That sounds like a brilliant idea Kristof - thank you - I'll look forward to that!! :Pinkbounc

Kristoff, Thank you so much for doing that for us. I for one can't wait to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter