Do You Drink?

Do You Drink?

• No: I'm a teetotaler for religious/cultural/health/whatever reasons.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • No: drinking just doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Yes: but only at Mass/church.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes: but only socially.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Yes: I enjoy adult beverages with meals, when I'm bored, etc.

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Yes: I'm a big, staggering drunk.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters

rastahomie

Registered
This is a spinoff to my "Do You Smoke" thread.

I drink, but not often. When I do drink, though, I generally do it with the intent on having too many and then sleeping it off. That's rare though - maybe 5-6 times per year.

When I drink, it's cocktails (Screwdrivers, 7/7's, frou-frou drinks like Appletinis). Beer and wine just don't do it for me.

I don't. No particular reason why - it just doesn't taste particularly good to me, and it doesn't seem to do anything for me (other than make me sleepy, which is the opposite of how I want to feel when I'm hanging out with my friends).

I happily help my husband bottle his wine, though. :)

What I REALLY object to, though, are people who give me a hard time for not drinking. My own mum's the worst. I understand that, for her, having an "educated palate" for wine is a sign of sophistication and maturity. That's fine. But, I really wish she wouldn't apologize to the waiter when I order a soda pop instead of wine. I'm really not trying to embarrass her.

I'm also kind of tired of all the jokes about "You don't drive, either? Then what good are you? Har, har, har...". Like I've never heard that one before.

Haha. I'm somewhere in between drinking with meals and when bored and a staggering drunk lol.

Me too!
I drink regularly, a couple of vodkas or bourbons once the kids are in bed on the weekend, and every couple of months there is an occasion to get a babysitter(grandparents) and hit the town now that the kids are older.
It's only been a year though before that I had 7 years of being pregnant or breastfeeding back to back to back so no drinking during that time (since I only hit the hard stuff)

I feel like we've been down this road before. I don't drink at all and never have. It just doesn't appeal to me, and while I've never really tasted it, the smell of most alcoholic beverages is not appetizing to me at all, particularly beer and champagne. I also sometimes get a hard time for it or the old side-eye, but I don't really care about that.

Nope. As I stated in the other thread, I do not like to feel altered. Also, alcohol tastes like burning sock sweat in every form I've tried. And it reeks. I'll pass.

If there are 2 options that fit, should I just pick I'm a big staggering drunk?

I just stopped at the liquor store this morning for some RumChata. Got to have that in my hot cocoa at night. Grabbed some wine for dinner too. I'm having guests over this weekend, so yeah more drinking.

I had a great night many years ago with Appletinis. They were delicious going down. Unfortunately, the next day I was pretty much paralyzed in my bed. I had three fairly young kids at the time who had to fend for themselves and me until their father came home that evening from a week long golf trip. I have never touched vodka or any hard liquor again. My head still hurts thinking about it.

I do drink white wine.

I am in the " other " category. Once in awhile sometimes socially sometimes a glass of wine with dinner. Never more than a drink or 2.

I wish I could drink! Every time I drink alcohol my heart races and I get itchy all over :( Boy do I miss having a nice glass of wine in the evening.

Very, very rarely.

However, since everything happened to my mom, I've downed a rum and Coke every night before I go to bed so that I can actually sleep.

I didn't vote because I drink once a year usually,o oddly usually on Christmas Eve with exdh. Last year, I apparently drank half a bottle, but it was a big cup,lol.

Now back in the day I would have to vote staggering drunk,lol. Let's just say I am surprised Absolut vodka still stayed in business after I stopped.

I need an option of "other"
Technically, yes I drink. But I only drink in certain situations. With family, on vacation or at home, when no one is driving- otherwise I always choose to be the sober designated driver. So basically I only drink about 7 days a year.

I like my wine, malibu rum and pineapple, pina coladas and Bailey's Irish Creme. I wish I had a drink right now (see my post office issue thread - lol).

I drink a glass of wine or half a bottle of hard cider after a long day. I love mixed drinks, but the price is high at restaurants, and I don't always have all the ingredients to make them at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter