Do You Drink?

Do You Drink?

• No: I'm a teetotaler for religious/cultural/health/whatever reasons.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • No: drinking just doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Yes: but only at Mass/church.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes: but only socially.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Yes: I enjoy adult beverages with meals, when I'm bored, etc.

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Yes: I'm a big, staggering drunk.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
I have a glass of wine or a beer in the evening before dinner pretty much every night, sometimes 2 on the weekends. I don't overindulge and don't drink to the extent of getting drunk. I think I last had a hangover when I was in my early twenties.

Occasionally, socially.

However, I am on a phone call right now that is making me wish I was a staggering drunk right now. Ugh.

Nope, it's been over 2 years now. I didn't know when it was time to stop. My life was spiraling out of control. I used alcohol as an emotional crutch to deal with stress...bad idea, I don't recommend it

Congratulations on over 2 years! That's an amazing accomplishment :)

I drink wine, but there really isn't a pattern to when I drink. Sometimes if we are having a grilled steak, I'll open a bottle or in the summer there is almost always an opened bottle of white in the fridge. I drink more at Disney than I do at home, go figure, just can't resist those wine tastings and wine flights with meals. I will drink a beer every once in a while if I'm eating mexican food and very rarely I drink a mixed drink. No fru-fru stuff though, give me a gin and tonic with Bombay gin or a vodka collins with Grey goose. Again, I mostly just drink mixed drinks when I'm at Disney, evidently I'm a big ole drunk at Disney.

I don't drink for several reasons. I do not like the taste or smell of any of it. I also don't like the feeling of not being in control. I think a part of me does not drink because my dad is an alcoholic and I don't want to go down that road.

I have friends that always try to get me to drink. It frustrates me at times.

...Like a PP said, I don't like that it's deemed 'weird' or a bad thing to not drink. There's a definite pub culture locally, which makes it difficult to arrange a get together which doesn't revolve around people getting drunk. I don't disapprove, and I can still enjoy myself, but I'm considered the boring one and there's a lot of jokes when I do decide to have a drink.
I guess it must depend on who your friends are. We've got exactly the opposite situation here - I'd actually drink more than I do now, given the chance, but practically none of our friends drink so it's rarely ever part of a social situation for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter