Do You Drink?

Do You Drink?

• No: I'm a teetotaler for religious/cultural/health/whatever reasons.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • No: drinking just doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Yes: but only at Mass/church.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes: but only socially.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Yes: I enjoy adult beverages with meals, when I'm bored, etc.

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Yes: I'm a big, staggering drunk.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
Yes, I enjoy a drink at a party or social event, sometimes when we go out to dinner, happy hour on Fridays in the summer and on vacation. Oh an on the train ride home from work on Fridays in the summer. It sort of kicks off the happy hour thing. :)

Socially, at parties, at home, at dinner. If I feel like having a drink I have one. I have a drink maybe once every two weeks. Sometimes because it just tastes good and my SO and I are bored, sometimes we're hanging with friends, sometimes it's just a drink at dinner, sometimes we want to have a drink while watching Netflix or we get invited to happy hour. It just depends.

Once or twice a year I'll go out with friends and after a few drinks I think I'm Sheman (I just start to feel really good, being social, hanging with friends) and start yelling out "shots!!" After that it's downhill. I swear to never do it again until 6 months later when I forget all about it and do it all over again.

I drink socially and sometimes have a glass of wine at dinner. I do drink more when we are on vacation. At WDW I usually have several drinks around the World Showcase or from the pool bar. At the beach I like to have a couple beers sitting in the sand.

I come from a family with some history of alcoholism, so I make a point to never over indulge.

I'd consider myself a social drinker. I occasionally have a beer or wine at home, but rarely without others around.

Socially, at parties, at home, at dinner. If I feel like having a drink I have one. I have a drink maybe once every two weeks. Sometimes because it just tastes good and my SO and I are bored, sometimes we're hanging with friends, sometimes it's just a drink at dinner, sometimes we want to have a drink while watching Netflix or we get invited to happy hour. It just depends.

Once or twice a year I'll go out with friends and after a few drinks I think I'm Sheman (I just start to feel really good, being social, hanging with friends) and start yelling out "shots!!" After that it's downhill. I swear to never do it again until 6 months later when I forget all about it and do it all over again.

Lol. You have to keep hydrated with water too. And you have something in your stomach to help absorb. Not that I would know,just sayin... Lol

Where's "other"?

Yes, I drink, when and if, I feel like it. Never overindulge..always in moderation. It's not enjoyable, if it makes me feel bad the next day.

This. I've gotten "close to drunk" twice in 19 years. Besides that, you're looking at a max of maybe 75 drinks in the course of the year.

1 glass of wine on Friday and Saturday nights.

I was always allowed to drink as a child on special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I often wonder if the reason that I don't drink like some of my friends is that it was no big deal with my parents, so I didn't see a need to.

Nope, health fanatic. Used to have a glass of wine with DW once in a while, but even that has disappeared. At this point, I'd say we have a glass (well...half glass) of wine once every 4-6 months. No, I'm not a way, way over the top health food nut. I do eat very healthy, but for the rare unhealthy stuff, I prefer burgers, fries, chips. For drinks, I only have water or caffeine free diet (caffeine is a medical issue for me).

Don't have anything against social drinking, just not my thing. I was very wild in my youth, but once I decided I had enough, I was done. That was well over 20 years ago.

Lol. You have to keep hydrated with water too. And you have something in your stomach to help absorb. Not that I would know,just sayin... Lol

Trust me...I know! lol It's just once or twice a year I hit that sweet spot and I "forget." I think it's because I'm not partying as much as I used to and my science is off. I used to have it down perfectly on how much water to drink and how much food to eat so I could get nicely buzzed without getting overly drunk. Now I wing it and it doesn't always go my way. :upsidedow

Socially, once in a while, at a restaurant, wedding or other party, or holiday gathering with family. I usually stop at one, two at most. I like sweet mixed drinks and wine, hate beer. In the summer, I'll have a fruity tropical drink like a pina colada or frozen daiquiri or margarita.

I usually have a glass of wine with dinner. I'm drink something stronger socially sometimes

If there are 2 options that fit, should I just pick I'm a big staggering drunk?

I just stopped at the liquor store this morning for some RumChata. Got to have that in my hot cocoa at night. Grabbed some wine for dinner too. I'm having guests over this weekend, so yeah more drinking.

Do you know what's delicious with RumChata? Caramel Vodka! Makes delicious Salted Caramel Martinis. Unfortunately I have the vodka but not the RumChata.

Rarely but when we do go out, it's with the intention that I will have a few too many and be pretty much worthless the next day. My husband hasn't drank anything in 14 years.

Rarely but when we do go out, it's with the intention that I will have a few too many and be pretty much worthless the next day. My husband hasn't drank anything in 14 years.

I'm sure my doctor wouldn't like this logic, but for me, alcohol isn't worth the extra calories unless I'm drinking enough to actually feel it, so while I don't drink every day or anything, when I do drink, I have several.

I drink at parties or when I go out to dinner with friends...which is rare. I have a well-stocked bar at home with the intention of drinking when I feel the urge or get bored and never do. I guess I enjoy it more socially.

I don't because I take pain meds and I don't have a desire to drink. When I was younger I would drink wine or a cocktails when we were out to dinner or when we were having company. I enjoyed wine and even took a wine course. It's been yrs. since I have had any. I also found wine made me hungry and I would eat more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter