Do you ever think pets will be allowed on DVC properties?

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
Just wondering since I am hearing that so many other properties are now allowing pets under a certain size. Of course, deposits are made for any accidents etc.

We just got a Yorkie and she now weighs 2 lbs. 3 oz and her expected full grown weight will be 4 lbs. My mom is dying for us to go away so she can babysit her but my girls won't want to leave her!!! LOL!! So, I say they can stay with Nana too while DH and I go to OKW!!

Any thoughts??

It would be great for people with pets, but given the number of folks with tobacco allergies, I can only imagine how many have some sort of reaction to pet dander. So I would guess no. Our little friends won't be welcome at WDW anyime soon.

oh I hope not

it's hard enough trying to avoid the "stuff" then ends up in the parks because too many owners refuse to pick it up even though they can get a fine if they get caught i'd hate to have to now look out for it at WDW

i'd love it if they banned smoking there too but somehow i think thats only in my dreams.

Not without dedicated rooms for pet owners. Too many people have serious allergies and no standard room cleaning will do the trick.

I certainly hope not. I would never take my dogs to WDW, and I wouldn't subject anyone else to that either. Not to mention the dues increase to pay for the damage and cleaning costs.

My mom is dying for us to go away so she can babysit her but my girls won't want to leave her!!! LOL!! So, I say they can stay with Nana too while DH and I go to OKW!!

Any thoughts??
Sounds like a win/win for everybody, and the dog.

It would be great for people with pets, but given the number of folks with tobacco allergies, I can only imagine how many have some sort of reaction to pet dander. So I would guess no. Our little friends won't be welcome at WDW anyime soon.
Great for people that want to bring thier pets Maybe, But horrible for the pets! This is no place for dogs unless they are working,. Be good to your pets and leave them HOME or somewhere else familiar..

Sounds like a win/win for everybody, and the dog.

I agree!!!! My DD wants to stay at the Hard Rock because they allow pets!! I am on vacation and that means from my pet duties as well!! I love my animals but I need a vacation. My lab goes to the 'country club' and my yorkie will get loads of love and attention from Nana!!! and if my kids want to stay with her, Nana will give them loads of love and attention too!! While DH and I soak up the sun and fun at OKW!!

I own a dog, BUT!!!! I hope DVC NEVER allows dogs.....My kids run around the grounds w/ bare feet, in the grass, in the rooms( carpet), etc. I don't want to stay in a room where an animal may have releived itself, and it is soaked into the padding, etc.....
" NO DOGS ALLOWED"

Please dear God, NO!

I have a hard enough time entering a room that had a smoker in it (I always ask for non-smoking, but you know how that goes.) My allergies to pet dander are much worse than my allergies to tobacco smoke.

IF they ever made that decision, they would have to guarantee certain types of rooms instead of merely making them "requests" that may or may not be honored. Otherwise there would be a lot of people that would have to give up their ownerships.

I would also agree with what was said earlier that it would also affect our maintenance costs. Wouldn't want that either.

I like animals. Please, keep your pets. Enjoy your pets. Just don't bring them into the DVC rooms!

there are 2 timeshares in Orlando that allows pets.

Celebration World Resort is the newest.

you can generally get CWR in the extra vacation and lots of time the last call if you are member of RCI. Otherwise watch for it on skyauction. there is a $50 pet fee (but it is good for the entire week).

Universal (okay Loew's hotels) all allow pets. there is no extra charge. this is the only place I know that doesn't charge extra for pets.

would you consider a kennel?

FW is very nice!!! and easy to get to from OKW. Spicey use to stay there. and visiting 3 to 4 times is not a big deal for a DVC member.

I would predict that eventially there will be a Florida DVC option for pet owners. Long term, DVC will want to cater to those owners who wish to be 'snowbirds' wanting and being able to afford extended stays (say 2-4 months)...I'm sure they will be dedicated units. YMMV :)

I've been a cat owner my entire life, but when I'm on vacation, the cat stays home. Please, no pets.

if they do i can assue you there will be 220 points for sale the next day. keep your animals at home!!!!

Thats all we need, a smoker who takes their dog to WDW thinks the rules do not apply to them and does not clean up after their pet while they smoke where they are not suppose to. No way, keep fido at home. The barking while you are at the park plus the dog stains and odor of the dog would be enough to put our 190 points on the market...smjj :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter