Do you ever think pets will be allowed on DVC properties?

Not without dedicated rooms for pet owners. Too many people have serious allergies and no standard room cleaning will do the trick.

And to have dedicated pet rooms would mean pulling rooms out of existing inventory currently available for use by all members. I would think that "pet rooms" would have had to be included in the initial prospectus and to remove them from existing sold inventory would probably be illegal. As much as I love animals, I would not accept a room that Fido and Puffy had occupied. Pets smell. I don't care how clean they are, they smell.

When I travel, my pets stay home.

If they ever decide to build new units that are pet friendly, IMHO they should be priced higher with much higher dues to account for the extra damage and cleaning required. And no one but those who choose to stay in pet units should ever be force booked into them. If the pet units were full, pet owners should not be allowed to bring thier pets to a regular room under any circumstances.

It's bad enough that smokers don't pay higher dues--smoking rooms do after all have more damage and require more maintenance and cleaning than non-smoking rooms. But pets? No way!

Anne

Oh I hope not, we have enought people that make messes can you imaging what their pets would do.

That is just what I was thinking! I read these board all the time with the complaints that people have about their rooms not being clean. Can you just imagine!:scared1:

:D But the point was that the poster made it sound like only crazy people would have dogs in hotels/restaurants. Just because it isn't normal in our country doesn't mean it isn't normal in the rest of the world. Sometimes we ARE behind the times.

Personally I would much rather be behind the times than to smell like a dogs behind!!!! :lmao:

...I do think guide dogs should be allowed (and I would imagine they already are).

Yes, service animals are permitted under ADA. Disney is one of the top locations for anyone with a disability. They do a superb job making all feel welcome.

To the OPs question... I doubt that it will happen. But if it does it will have become an accepted US travel industry practice. I doubt Disney will lead the charge. Now what they do in other locations may depend on local custom. Does anyone know if Euro Disney handles pets differently?

Personally I would much rather be behind the times than to smell like a dogs behind!!!! :lmao:

My quote to the same poster was just about the same as yours. I got to thinking though. I do not think we are behind the times on this one. I think we are ahead of the times like our smoking regulations. I for one do not need pet fur floating around my room landing in my food and being breathed in by me as well as the smell, stains,barking and messes I have to walk around not to mention those pets that the owner swears is the friendless in the world as it bares it's teeth and growls at you as you pass. No thanks...smjj

:D But the point was that the poster made it sound like only crazy people would have dogs in hotels/restaurants. Just because it isn't normal in our country doesn't mean it isn't normal in the rest of the world. Sometimes we ARE behind the times.

I've vacationed in Paris and saw the dogs in the restaurants, a big German shephard scratching in front of the door and you could see the hair floating around the restaurant. Another time eating outside in a nice restaurant, real romantic and a woman walks by with a little dog and let it squat by our table and left it. NOT GOOD.

And to have dedicated pet rooms would mean pulling rooms out of existing inventory currently available for use by all members. I would think that "pet rooms" would have had to be included in the initial prospectus and to remove them from existing sold inventory would probably be illegal. As much as I love animals, I would not accept a room that Fido and Puffy had occupied. Pets smell. I don't care how clean they are, they smell.

When I travel, my pets stay home.

If they ever decide to build new units that are pet friendly, IMHO they should be priced higher with much higher dues to account for the extra damage and cleaning required. And no one but those who choose to stay in pet units should ever be force booked into them. If the pet units were full, pet owners should not be allowed to bring thier pets to a regular room under any circumstances.

It's bad enough that smokers don't pay higher dues--smoking rooms do after all have more damage and require more maintenance and cleaning than non-smoking rooms. But pets? No way!

Anne
See, we travel without kids because we don't have any. I'm sure we, as adults, are much easier on the room than those of you with rugrats in tow. Maybe the maintenance and cleaning fees should be higher for those of you who are parents than the rest of us?

;)

See, we travel without kids because we don't have any. I'm sure we, as adults, are much easier on the room than those of you with rugrats in tow. Maybe the maintenance and cleaning fees should be higher for those of you who are parents than the rest of us?

;)

Actually, I've seen adults do more damage than any "rugrat" could ever do. Children may make messes but I've never seen one leave a burn mark in something, like a smoker or even a temporarily forgetful adult with an iron. The maintenance fees are designed to cover cleaning fees for adults and children of all sorts. But not animals.

;)

By the time we bought DVC, my "rugrat" was 12. Far past the "destructo-child" stage.

FWIW, we've several times left a unit in better repair than we found it, thanks to DH who is "Mr. Fix-it." Give the guy a coat hanger, a roll of duct tape, a butter knife, and some Kleenex and he'll build you a rocket ship!

Anne

;)

Oh sure...always blame it on the kids. Have you ever looked around WDW on a HOT, STEAMY, summer day? There are plenty of folks out there who, with or without kids, don't appear to take very good care of themselves, let alone others' property. Can you imagine what their rooms look like or what they left behind for mousekeeping??? :eek:

Ok, now I'm grossed out.:sick:

;)

And maybe fees should be higher for members under a certain age (like auto insurance) since there's a possibility that lifestyle activities are more likely to lead to wear and tear on the rooms. It's great fun to generalize about people who aren't us, but who on earth would ever buy into any timeshare with such restrictive covenants? People want to go on vacation, not to boot camp.

Heavy people put way more stress on those mattresses. Dues should have a per pound surcharge.

Romantic couples, too....but that would be a little harder to surcharge - I suppose they could ask at checkout.

Heavy people put way more stress on those mattresses. Dues should have a per pound surcharge.

Romantic couples, too....but that would be a little harder to surcharge - I suppose they could ask at checkout.

.......or LISTEN at the door or through the walls!!!! :lmao:

:lmao:

it is fine with me that Disney does not offer Pet friendly accommidations but it does amaze me how misinformed many are on this subject.

The most common allergen to pets is not hair, but salvia. So unless the dog is still actually in the room when you arrive you are no more likely to have an allergy attack to pet hair than you are if the maid who cleans your room has a pet at home.

Also there is no way to know when you check in if the room was occupied by a service animal prior to your visit.

Disney has to allow service animals and if that animal is walking around on the same walkways etc as you are, you are being exposed to the hair and dander.

So while I think everyone is entitled to vote No to pets and I will agree, I think some over react to why they should not be allowed.

As to smell my dog smells much fresher than the majority of WDW guests in the summer. :)

I do think eventually Disney will offer more deluxe kennel and boarding facilities.

Personally I would much rather be behind the times than to smell like a dogs behind!!!!
:rotfl: Came in on the tail end of this discussion. After further review.ROFLM*O
Heavy people put way more stress on those mattresses. Dues should have a per pound surcharge.Romantic couples, too....but that would be a little harder to surcharge - I suppose they could ask at checkout.
Hey I resemble those remarks!;) Have heard more damage done by light people bouncing off the ceiling.;)

During the evacuation for Hurricane Francis, they allowed pets at SSR and other Disney Resorts as the kennels were getting overloaded and the Ft. Wilderness Kennel was closed. That was an emergency situation. Some people still had a fit over that. :confused3 Imho the Resorts should stay as they are and the Disney kennels need to be expanded( especially at the MK)

{Flame Retardant Suit In-Place}

1) Regardless of Disney's pet-friendly decision, why bring a pet?
2) I don't understand why they don't leave pets at home or at the vet.
3) We have pets.
4) We would never bring them on a vacation.
5) Contrary to other's opinions, they are animals, not members of the family.

{Flame Retardant Suit Removed}

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter