Do you ever think pets will be allowed on DVC properties?

If they do, I will have to sell our contract. My son with asthma couldn't handle being in a unit where dogs/cats have stayed.

I would be ok with them building a separate pet friendly DVC Resort though.

A dog is not the only kind of pet people have. What about a pig, ferret, macaw, monkey........?

We have no desire to bring our Persian to a DVC Resort because of the hair, hair and more hair he leaves behind every day and let us not forget the fur ball that makes an appearance now and then.

No...No....No....never:scared1: :scared1:

I have 2 lab/pointer mixed girls and love them dearly.

Would NEVER subject them to "waiting in a room" for me to get back from a great day!!:goodvibes

My girls are on vacation too...they have piped in music, 2 room condo w/outside runs, play times, walks, enviromental controlled ac, swimming...

HEY, maybe I want to stay with them sometime??:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Because of the recent thread about companion service animals, and their more prevalent appearances in the park, I wonder how many of the DVC rooms have really never had an animal in them.

My dogs do not like heat, humidity, in Ohio, in Cape May, and so going to Florida for warmer weather doesn't appeal to them. Being in a strange place doesn't appeal to them. Driving does, but as much as I love my dogs, I am not about to drive to Florida with them to make them happy! How about that, DH thinks I would do anything for B & E, well, he's wrong.:rotfl:

Yes, I would love to walk them around the lakes and grounds, in solitude...but that's about it. It's a very specific dream...and alas, it's not going to happen, and I'm OK with that.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I hope they don't. Because of my our families allergies & son's asthma, we would never stay at a hotel that allows pets.

No, no and double no. For every 10 DVC members that would follow the rules, there would be the one that does not think the rules apply to them and would not. And there are those that think "how could anyone not love my little Fido" as he jumps on people or yelps all day long while you are in the parks. The resorts at Universal that are pet friendly are probably not pet friendly because the managers like animals. They are pet friendly because they know Disney is not and need that extra something Disney does not provide to entice people to stay there. If they had there way, I am sure they would prefer to not except pets. I love my pets but I would never assume others feel the same way towards them. Keeps the resorts pet free period...smjj

NO! I have a lot of dogs, but no way do I want to take them on vacation, and no way do I think DVC should allow pets of ANY kind. Service dogs is all that can or should be allowed.

No way!!

Then what's next??? Allowing them to come into the restaurants?? Blech!

No. Personally I hope not. I wouldn't mind compromising if they wanted to build an on-site kennel and dog run but I would sort of hope it isn't at one of the resorts where I pay dues.

I'd have to vote no, too... I think my dog likes it when we go on vacation. She gets completely spoiled by "Grandma" and gets her own vacation away from us and our 2 year-old.

:dogdance:

If you must bring them, WDW has an on-site kennel... and, as an added bonus, it seems that you won't miss your pets all that much, because guests are required to walk and exercise them 2-3 times daily.

:)

No way!!

Then what's next??? Allowing them to come into the restaurants?? Blech!

Don't ever travel in Europe then. Dogs are not only common in the hotels but also in the restaurants, etc. They aren't restricted at all like they are in the U.S. Takes a little getting used to, but I didn't mind the dogs at their owners feet in the restaurants.

Well, I didn't read ALL the comments, but I'm going to vote for I hope so! I love animals (like many), and I think they would add to the family atmosphere of the DVC resorts.
Granted, there are people who feel the rules don't apply to their pets, but there are people who feel the rules don't even apply to themselves. We can't exclude everyone who's annoying (otherwise, I might never get to go).

Of course, I'm voting yea, only if I don't have to solve any of the problems that go along with animals being on property.:rolleyes1

Well, I didn't read ALL the comments, but I'm going to vote for I hope so! I love animals (like many), and I think they would add to the family atmosphere of the DVC resorts.
Granted, there are people who feel the rules don't apply to their pets, but there are people who feel the rules don't even apply to themselves. We can't exclude everyone who's annoying (otherwise, I might never get to go).

With some people, pets are more of a danger than a nuisance. With our son, he is so severely alleric to cats, that if he were to come into contact with one (or the hair/dander or "presents" that they left behind) it would mean an emergency room trip with us praying that we would make it in time. He is also mildly allergic to dogs.
There are others that have the same problem with cats and/or dogs.

Don't ever travel in Europe then. Dogs are not only common in the hotels but also in the restaurants, etc. They aren't restricted at all like they are in the U.S. Takes a little getting used to, but I didn't mind the dogs at their owners feet in the restaurants.

I have travelled in Europe plenty! And, sorry, to me it's nasty no matter which part of the globe...Heck, my boss is one of 'em, her dog even used to fly the AF Concorde seated right next to her!

I've also witnessed people feeding their dogs off of their forks, spoons and letting them lick their plates :scared: NO THANKS!! And yes, I've heard the argument their mouths are cleaner than humans ... still, NO THANKS...

They also do not shower but once or twice a week and in many countries, the women do not shave. Should we copy this habit as well. Just kidding of course and no offense meant but what they do in Europe is no concern of mine in this discussion on pets at WDW DVC resorts..smjj :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh I hope not, we have enought people that make messes can you imaging what their pets would do.

They also do not shower but once or twice a week and in many countries, the women do not shave. Should we copy this habit as well. Just kidding of course and no offense meant but what they do in Europe is no concern of mine in this discussion on pets at WDW DVC resorts..smjj :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:D But the point was that the poster made it sound like only crazy people would have dogs in hotels/restaurants. Just because it isn't normal in our country doesn't mean it isn't normal in the rest of the world. Sometimes we ARE behind the times.

I certainly hope not. I would never take my dogs to WDW, and I wouldn't subject anyone else to that either. Not to mention the dues increase to pay for the damage and cleaning costs.

My sentiments exactly! That is just asking for trouble!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter