Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Believe it or not, yes fanny packs have come back. We'll see how long that lasts. I was so embarrassed by my mother as a teenager because she continued to wear fanny packs well past their heyday, lol! Now, I actually own one, its a blue see-through waterproof one that I use to keep my phone and money safe at beach bars, etc. I twist it to the side because I still think it looks odd when it's hanging straight in front of you.

DH wears his "utility belt" on a daily basis, but he "carries", ifyouknowwhutImean...

For the parks, we plan on using a ThinkGeek Bag of Holding cross-body bag, and my "Cool to be Wicked" Disney villain backpack. And leaving the "utility belt" at home, for obvious reasons.

I carry one but instead of wearing in around my waist I put the strap on my shoulder like a purse. I will put it around my waist if need be. I know they aren't fashionable but I find them convenient as I have to carry some things because of medical issues.
This is what I do. Mine is technically a "lumbar bag" (Mountainsmith brand) used for hikers, but essentially it is a reverse fanny pack! Most of the time I use it as a crossbody bag, but it is so convenient to put it around my waist on certain rides (like many of the Universal Rides, Mummy, FJ, etc).

I no longer use a fanny pack.

Several years ago I came across a cheap but good leather backpack purse. It has several zipper pockets and one large compartment that holds all I need. It's waterproof (enough) for water rides or getting caught in rain to keep my belongings dry. I only ever use it at Disney so it'll last me a couple more decades!

No way. I dont want to get beat up for wearing a "dork pouch". LOL

My FIL, who is 70, always uses his.

My daughter's best friend is on vacation with her family at an amusement park (not Disney....though they're frequent Disney visitors). She just posted a picture of herself on FB and she's wearing a fanny pack...with the name of the amusement park she's at so I know it's brand new. She has it off to the side and the "belt" is a little loose so it falls right on the upper side of her left hip (she's 18...she can still do that without drawing unwanted attention. :D) This is a girl who is a football and basketball cheerleader as well as being on 2 competitive cheer squads; always wears very trendy outfits; and would not be caught dead doing something considered "uncool" by her friends. And guess what? That fanny pack actually looks cute. Never thought I'd say/type those words. If an 18 year old fashion conscious girl is wearing a fanny pack in public, I think they might actually be making comeback. :D

I keep a small (8oz) water bottle in my small fanny pack because I never want to be without water.
It's used as a backup between drinking fountains, where I refresh the water bottle with cooler water.

I purchased a Runnng Buddy XL. I will let you know how it worked.

DILs requested Fit Belts this last trip in May. They were GREAT!!! Never thought I would like anything better than my beloved cargos, but they were much better for the cell phones, held my poncho, cards, and even shoved a water bottle in it a couple thimes. Lots of different names and options, we got 2 different kinds on Amazon.

I may have done this once... I got better!

:earboy2:

But seriously, I don't judge. Fanny packs definitely have a role in Disney parks, but now I just use a little daypack...

I just bought this one. Can't decide if I like it or hate myself for buying it :rotfl2: it comes tomorrow so we shall see!

Attachments

• IMG_6645.jpg
    IMG_6645.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
I don't think posting a pic of a girl who looks like her clothes were attacked by a bunch of cats helps to prove that fanny packs are making a comeback.
That is the best description anyone could have come up with for what I had thought was indescribable!

Believe it or not, yes fanny packs have come back. We'll see how long that lasts. I was so embarrassed by my mother as a teenager because she continued to wear fanny packs well past their heyday, lol! Now, I actually own one, its a blue see-through waterproof one that I use to keep my phone and money safe at beach bars, etc. I twist it to the side because I still think it looks odd when it's hanging straight in front of you.
I agree, the side-twist is the way to go!
And this is coming from a hiker who has had fanny packs since the dawn of time. Over the past few years I've invested in some alternatives, though, partly because my then-tween DD had convinced me how uncool they were, and partly because sometimes I want to carry more than reasonably fits in the pack.
But now I go any and all of the following ways, depending on needs and clothing:
- just pockets (my favorite choice)
- pockets in a jacket or vest (usually doesn't work at WDW as I'm normally trying to wear as little clothing as possible there)
- standard fanny pack
- semi-water-resistant fanny pack
- fanny pack with 2 tiny zippers and a bottle holder in the middle (that pack rocks!)
- cross-body bag with little compartment near the top that used to be perfect for flip phone, then for MYW cards (sorry if my terminology is slipping with age), and now is perfect for not much
- cross-body Baggalini with 2 front pockets, one of which is perfect for my smallish Android
I voted "yes", even though these days I'm probably about 1/3 yes, 2/3 no.

ETA: Megan, you really can't go wrong with Mickey ears!

So walking out of an IKEA in the suburbs of Chicago today I saw someone walk in wearing a fanny pack crossways across the chest just like Kendall Jenner. Never thought I would see that and with running shorts and gym shoes. It was a Louis Vuitton bumb bag. Crazy

DH and I go to music festivals a lot and have been to Bonnaroo several times and fanny packs are very much still a thing with the late teen and college aged girls. They are really cool funky designed ones though. I've thought about getting one but the few times I've tried them on it just seems weird. I stick with my small cross body bag. DH usually takes a smaller cinch sack so between those two the four of us are set with all we need.

Fanny packs can only be worn with jorts, along with socks with sandals.:duck:

I carry a small cross body with phone, I.D., and hand sanitizer. That's it. DH carry wallet and phone in pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter