Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't carry a fanny pack because it doesn't hold enough for my family's style of touring the parks. We have a very lightweight 18L pack from REI that we use to pack a platypus water bag, snacks, ponchos, ID, flip-flops, antibacterial wipes, etc. I might be able to get away with a fanny pack if I was travelling alone, if it was a time of year with little rain.

FYI Vera Bradley started selling bum bags or as I call them Fanny Packs recently so they appear to be back in style!

I wouldn't pin what's in style to what Vera produces. Quilted handbags don't really scream I am on top of my fashion game.

I don't think posting a pic of a girl who looks like her clothes were attacked by a bunch of cats helps to prove that fanny packs are making a comeback.:rotfl2:

Or if that is fashion, I want no part of it!

You and I may not wear it, but pretty sure Kendall Jenner is seen as move of a fashion icon than you or I....

We don't have to like it, purchase it, or agree, but they are coming back.

You and I may not wear it, but pretty sure Kendall Jenner is seen as move of a fashion icon than you or I....

We don't have to like it, purchase it, or agree, but they are coming back.

Kendall Jenner a fashion icon? On what planet??? :p In the world of teen girl instagram, sure!

Again, don't have to like it or purchase it, but what she wears (that family wears) the masses spend money on....

Oh I agree with that, but people follow stupid trends (apparently fanny pack is one) all the time.

A fashion icon is something entirely different. :)

Oh I agree with that, but people follow stupid trends (apparently fanny pack is one) all the time.

A fashion icon is something entirely different. :)

Respectfully, I disagree :)

I think a fashion icon is defined as someone who is seen as being highly fashionable. I wouldn't wear or purchase for my daughter to wear most things that the uber famous wear today, but most are definitely considered highly fashionable.

Fashion icons that I personally can appreciate are more along the lines of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn....but what do I know...

Don't care for them and haven't sported one since I went to WDW in 1992 at age 13. Instead I bring a credit card, ID, and some cash in one pocket and my cellphone in another. I don't like carrying things in the park. On days where we need stuff (with kids there's always stuff) I bring our Disney backpack. A Mickey Mouse icon backpack that we throw in water bottles, rain ponchos, and fruit snacks.

Even Gucci makes mistakes sometimes... ;)
View attachment 258193
That would have to be a matter of opinion as is wearing a fanny pack. I'm sure we could all post pictures of ourselves and what we are wearing and someone would hate every item of clothing.

It's funny what people like and don't like.

Wow was just looking for a photo of the one I saw yesterday from Gucci and it's already sold out. Someone likes a bumb bag.

Last edited:
I just bought a fanny pack at Primark (it's a "trendy" story from the UK with a few locations in the US) so they are back in fashion I suppose. It's black, fake leather, with gold zippers. Doesn't make it less nerdy. :tongue:

However, I probably won't use it at Disney because I need a bag big enough to hold my camera.

May try it out on an upcoming cruise..unless I chicken out!

IMG_5688.JPG You bet your ears I'll be proudly wearing this baby around the parks next month!! When we park the stroller and backpack so I can keep the important things like wallets phones and mini sunscreen on hand 24/7.

This is our first trip with a LO so it's a new thing for me to have a backpack full of entertainment for him.

I do have a small cross body that I got in the parks years ago, but hated that every time I wanted to take PP pics I would have to remember to take it off or I would have a nice black strap cutting across all my Disney shirts.

View attachment 258315 You bet your ears I'll be proudly wearing this baby around the parks next month!! When we park the stroller and backpack so I can keep the important things like wallets phones and mini sunscreen on hand 24/7.

This is our first trip with a LO so it's a new thing for me to have a backpack full of entertainment for him.

I do have a small cross body that I got in the parks years ago, but hated that every time I wanted to take PP pics I would have to remember to take it off or I would have a nice black strap cutting across all my Disney shirts.
Is there more than just one big open space in that bag? Any pockets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter