Does anyone still feel sad that Disney removed Tower of Terror?

Here's a pic...

latest

ETA: the sign

mqdefault.jpg

Did Disney have a goodbye party or event for the ride?
Yes. It was a late night party. We got to ride the ride as many times as we wanted to (although at one point, only one elevator was working), there was live music/dancing and dessert tables. It was very cold, but many people dressed up in flapper dresses.

Yes, and I'm not a Marvel fan, so I don't like the Marvel Land idea either. I love the Old Hollywood vibe and hope that doesn't completely leave the park...(Buena Vista Street is staying the same, right?)

Yes. It was a late night party. We got to ride the ride as many times as we wanted to (although at one point, only one elevator was working), there was live music/dancing and dessert tables. It was very cold, but many people dressed up in flapper dresses.

Was the lights or effects turned off?

Triggered!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty peeved about the change. So is my family, including my 5yo daughter who called it her favorite. And for what? GOTG??? You've got the whole Marvel universe to choose from, full of super heroes we've known about for all of our lives. And Disney chooses the most shady hero/characters in the galaxy! I'm all for Marvel coming into the parks. But this movie is last in line. Give me something Captain America, or Iron Man, or Hulk, or Thor, or SpiderMan, or even AntMan. Not Guardians.

Yeah, I know WDW has the better version. WDW also has a better Splash Mt. That doesn't mean we should trash the DL version! ToT was great and it totally fit the theme of DCA. Mission:Clearasil does not fit the theme. At ALL! It looks like C-3PO threw up all over the ToT.

As for the Twilight Zone theming, my kids started watching the show because of the ride. SyFy always has a marathon on New Years and I DVR a bunch of them. Then I play one every now and then and the kids come running in. That's one of those shows that's stood the test of time. Still very cerebral.

YES!!!! I think the new design looks so out of place. But I guess when it's all turned into Marvel land it will fit in :(

I have mixed emotions, having been to both parks DL and DW, and planning to do so in the future. I am excited that there will still be tower of terror at DW, and that mission breakout will be something different at DL.... Although the building doesn't really fit in to the rest of the park, at least for now.

We are sad too, it was one of our very favourites.
I am very irrationally angry at Gotg about this (something we haven't seen but every time there is a mention about it I'm all (insert dis inappropriate word) gotg

I was sad at first but now I'm kind of excited for the change! It also means my DD will go on it this summer. She was terrified of ToT and refused to go on it but will ride this trip because it's gotg!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...adventure-park/comment-page-1/#comment-170004

Just saw this posted on the parks blog. I'm surprised to see how many people HATE the new look! I think it's really detailed and interesting, and while it sticks out right now in Hollywood Land, I'm sure it will fit in perfectly with their future plans for this area.

I agree, that looks really interesting! For the past ten years, DH and I have collected ToT ride photos so the change-over to GotG breaks tradition, but change is GOOD! I am really looking forward to the updated effects and randomized experience. ToT was awesome, and now it's time for something technologically up-to-date.

I'm not so much sad as just kind of grossed out by it. It's an eyesore! I thought the hotel fit in with the old Hollywood look, but now it's just strange looking and out of place. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the reasoning behind WHY they did it... but did it have to look so tacky?!

Triggered!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty peeved about the change. So is my family, including my 5yo daughter who called it her favorite. And for what? GOTG??? You've got the whole Marvel universe to choose from, full of super heroes we've known about for all of our lives. And Disney chooses the most shady hero/characters in the galaxy! I'm all for Marvel coming into the parks. But this movie is last in line. Give me something Captain America, or Iron Man, or Hulk, or Thor, or SpiderMan, or even AntMan. Not Guardians.

Yeah, I know WDW has the better version. WDW also has a better Splash Mt. That doesn't mean we should trash the DL version! ToT was great and it totally fit the theme of DCA. Mission:Clearasil does not fit the theme. At ALL! It looks like C-3PO threw up all over the ToT.

As for the Twilight Zone theming, my kids started watching the show because of the ride. SyFy always has a marathon on New Years and I DVR a bunch of them. Then I play one every now and then and the kids come running in. That's one of those shows that's stood the test of time. Still very cerebral.

I must be on my own in thrilling the DVa version is better than the DHS one.
I hate that at DHS you move forward through the hotel onto the dropping track so it is so obvious when the drops will start....

There are whole fan communities of people mourning ToT. I personally am pretty sad it was removed. It's had steady popularity and was one of the first headliner attractions to really make DCA worthy of the Disney name. That being said...the new ride might be fine. It probably will be pretty cool. But, it just doesn't feel right. I'm hoping when more Marvel stuff goes in around it the area will feel more cohesive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter