Does anyone still feel sad that Disney removed Tower of Terror?

Absolutely. Losing ToT was the biggest tragedy to ever hit DCA besides the loss of Soarin' Over California. It fit right in with Buena Vista Street in the foreground as well. All else I can say is that if I ran Disney, this would've never happened at all and I'd sell off both Marvel and Lucasfilm for billions.

ToT was my favourite ride at DLR. Theming, back story and the ride were all bang on. It didn't require any previous exposure to Twilight Zone, but it helped enhance the experience for those of us who did remember it.

We have our first visit to WDW this year so looking forward to trying their version.

I must be on my own in thrilling the DVa version is better than the DHS one.
I hate that at DHS you move forward through the hotel onto the dropping track so it is so obvious when the drops will start....

It's pretty obvious when the drops start at DL, too. At least, after the first time. And the first time the shock was ruined when the doofus in front of me put his hands up right before it started.

As for the WDW version, I actually like the "dream sequence" as it gives it more of the Twilight Zone feel. PLUS, and this is a biggie, the ride is randomized. So you never know what drop sequence you'll get. There have been times when you thought it was over when they started playing a video in front of you and then it took off again! It's never the same scare twice. And that's why I like it more.

No, I'm not that sad about it.

In my mind, so long as one U.S. Disney park keeps the ride, I'm ok with it. There are rumors that WDW might lose their Tiki Room, while it will make me sad if that happens the fact remains that the original, and better, ride will still be there in DL.

So I'm ok with DL losing their TOT, since it would be hard to argue that the better version is not in WDW in Florida. It isn't completely gone, it is still there. I'm intrigued to see how the new ride will be.

I'm back! :) I wonder if there will be new videos of the new GOTG ride posted soon. I take it that people who paid for the party will get first dibs or first test? I am curious to see if it's relatively the same. Hmm. Still sad...

I am happy! I love GOTG and my kid wouldn't ride TOT because the queue was too creepy.

The music is quite creepy. But the worst is the cast members scaring guests while distracted watching the pre-show. It happened to someone near me and they were already ghostly white from fear.

No, I'm not that sad about it.

In my mind, so long as one U.S. Disney park keeps the ride, I'm ok with it. There are rumors that WDW might lose their Tiki Room, while it will make me sad if that happens the fact remains that the original, and better, ride will still be there in DL.

So I'm ok with DL losing their TOT, since it would be hard to argue that the better version is not in WDW in Florida. It isn't completely gone, it is still there. I'm intrigued to see how the new ride will be.

I guess it was convenient for west coast guests to have at least a taste of the TOT. But with that now gone, what's next? :(

the ride was cool and when I could do it then it was fun but to me, it was not life or death. My sons always wanted to go on it but we just weren't in the mood for it so he never has. However he will and so will I, ride TOT in WDW. Then next time we go to DL we will ride the new ride. We might like it more with the GOTG theme on it. Maybe the story will make it more interesting to us. I am excited to try it out. I also can not wait to see what new rides come in for the Marvel land they are (unofficially) making in dca (btw I agree they need a new name)

I also was sad to lose the bbq at DL for star wars land. Lucky we went once before it was shut down for good. I am also excited for Starwars land in DL.

My 5 and 3 year old were both tall enough to ride it last time we were there and they loved it. They both said it was their favorite ride. I personally have zero interest in anything Marvel OR Star Wars so the positive here is that I hope others are willing to stand in line for 4 hours to ride GOTG/Star Wars when the time comes and leave everything else for us.

Absolutely. Losing ToT was the biggest tragedy to ever hit DCA besides the loss of Soarin' Over California. It fit right in with Buena Vista Street in the foreground as well. All else I can say is that if I ran Disney, this would've never happened at all and I'd sell off both Marvel and Lucasfilm for billions.

Agreed but at least they can easily bring back Soarin over California. It will take them a few bucks to restore the TOT to its former glory.

I just wished they left the Marvel theme outside of the park. Maybe they could use the Marvel theme on the new parking structure they are building east of the park.

It's pretty obvious when the drops start at DL, too. At least, after the first time. And the first time the shock was ruined when the doofus in front of me put his hands up right before it started.

As for the WDW version, I actually like the "dream sequence" as it gives it more of the Twilight Zone feel. PLUS, and this is a biggie, the ride is randomized. So you never know what drop sequence you'll get. There have been times when you thought it was over when they started playing a video in front of you and then it took off again! It's never the same scare twice. And that's why I like it more.

Or when the teenagers scream a few seconds before the drops. I hate that being spoiled. LOL

I feel that way,too I wish they should have made that GOTG ride besides the Tower of terrors or nearby and left the Tower of Terrors? Or, build it in California Adventures instead?

Agreed but at least they can easily bring back Soarin over California. It will take them a few bucks to restore the TOT to its former glory.

You mean if this theme doesn't go well with guests they can easily change it back? :confused3

I was upset at first, but now I gladly accept the change. The ride has the same concept so it really isn't "gone", plus Florida had the better version of ToT and that one isn't going anywhere as far as I know.

You mean if this theme doesn't go well with guests they can easily change it back? :confused3

I said it will cost Disney money to restore the theme to the Tower of Terror. It is possible. Soarin on the other hand is easy to change. They could have a different scenes everytime you ride if they wanted.

Why sell them off for billions when you can keep them and make billions every single year by releasing a few movies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter