Does the website /app normally crash when adr window opens?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
My adr window has just opened and I can't seem to book a thing! Everytime I choose my restaurant and select a time it just tells me there's an error and to try again later Does this normally happen? I'm not trying to get any really sought after reservations

My adr window has just opened and I can't seem to book a thing! Everytime I choose my restaurant and select a time it just tells me there's an error and to try again later Does this normally happen? I'm not trying to get any really sought after reservations

I wouldn't say this "normally" happens and I just booked an ADR about 15 minutes ago. I am using a Mac with Safari. So I'd try switching browsers or use the MDE app on your phone. I did have an issue with changing some FP times on the Mac with Safari (said Stitch ate the page) even though it worked fine on day of booking. So I switched to Firefox and no problem. Also no problem on MDE app for modifying FP. So I'd try another method. You can always call at 7:00 am EST for ADRs if nothing is working.

I've tried Google chrome and the app and also tried on a different computer at work and still no joy. The one I really wanted was a 7.30 kona cafe reservation and that's gone now

Well I have tried Google, IE, Firefox and the damn phone app with no luck. I can make reservations for the 9/15 and prior but nothing after. And yes the check in date is 9/15 and it does allow me to select a location and time but then I get Lady and the Tramp tell me they are sorry for the "paws". I want to call the dog warden on them and Disney too. Another wasted early morning, thanks Disney IT, you suck.

I'm having the same issue. I can book for 9/15, but can't book any of my other days on Firefox, Chrome, or the app.

That's so strange. Still no problem here. I went through all the steps short of actually confirming a dummy reservation and it worked fine.
Are you trying for anything after 9/15? That appears to be the problem. We can see what is available but when we select it we get that dumb, but Disney thinks it's cute, error message.

I can bring up Kona Cafe at 7:30 am for 2 people on September 15. Sorry I can't just make it for you! At this point I would call the Disney ADR number - they open in a couple minutes.
Are you trying for anything after 9/15? That appears to be the problem. We can see what is available but when we select it we get that dumb, but Disney thinks it's cute, error message.

No sorry I can't try anything after 9/15 since I don't have a resort booking. So I can only reserve any day up to/incl 9/15. At this point I would call. ADR reservation line is open.

Maybe someone with a check-in date prior to 9/15???? What is your check-in date EpiStitch?

That's probably it, but I personally wouldn't be up this early if it wasn't my 180 days out. :P I check in on 9/15 and am staying on site.

I'm currently on hold with the dining number, it's just frustrating because I spent the last hour watching the times I want get booked up when I should have been able to grab them myself and go back to bed ahead of a busy Monday.

I feel your pain EpiStitch. More then a 60 minute hold time with dining!!!! Me thinks Disney's My Disney Experience sucks!!! They must be busy loading the new parking fees for overnight Disney Resort guests. They can't handle more than one thing at a time.

I feel your pain EpiStitch. More then a 60 minute hold time with dining!!!! Me thinks Disney's My Disney Experience sucks!!! They must be busy loading the new parking fees for overnight Disney Resort guests. They can't handle more than one thing at a time.
LOL I guess not! When I started the call, they said the wait time was about 20 minutes, so I will be really happy if that holds true, but I'm certainly not expecting it. I got excited for a second because I clicked a reservation time on the MDE app and it asked me to reconfirm my password so I thought it was about to go through...but apparently it just wanted to mess with me today.

Well I have tried Google, IE, Firefox and the damn phone app with no luck. I can make reservations for the 9/15 and prior but nothing after. And yes the check in date is 9/15 and it does allow me to select a location and time but then I get Lady and the Tramp tell me they are sorry for the "paws". I want to call the dog warden on them and Disney too. Another wasted early morning, thanks Disney IT, you suck.

I've also tried multiple browsers, luckily I'm in the uk so it goes live at 10am for us so I didn't have enough to get up early for it.

But someone is able to book because the reservations and times I want are slipping away!

This is the most frustrating thing!!!

I can bring up Kona Cafe at 7:30 am for 2 people on September 15. Sorry I can't just make it for you! At this point I would call the Disney ADR number - they open in a couple minutes./QUOTE]

I'm looking at the 18th for kona and the reservation times are getting later and later. I'm going to give up for now and try again in my lunch break, I should probably be doing some work anyway :rotfl:

I'm still on hold, but it looks like some of my reservation times seem to be coming available again. I'm not sure if this is due to them not properly opening them this morning or other guest cancelling, but I still can't book them! :sad2:

This has been a problem since Thursday as far as I can tell. There is another thread about it on the dining boards. You can ‘see’ your whole resort stay and the times show up, but when you click on the time it goes to ‘sorry for the paws.’ I’m only able to make exactly 180 days out. Called yesterday morning and made for the whole resort stay with no problem ( was on hold a long time). Called back yesterday evening to modify two reservations and got better times and barely waited on hold! There were plenty of times for BOG, Ohana, etc-even early in the trip.

I thought I would report back for documentation purposes :P I was able to get everything I wanted, though I wasn't trying for any of the really popular locations. 1900 Park Fare and Liberty Tree Tavern are the only ones that I was worried I might not be able to get times that worked with our schedule.

The cast member I spoke with (after 50 minutes on hold!) was very helpful and when I asked her about the online issue, she said they had told her yesterday it was fixed, but she had already talked to a bunch of unhappy people this morning. I also had her note that it is BF's first visit. I'd love for him to get some pixie dust, but again, not expecting it.

Overall, I'm not happy about being up so early, but I'd call it a success.

How did everyone else do so far?

I had this issue last Thursday when we could book as did several others. No matter what internet browser you use, app, etc. apparently they haven’t fixed it yet. I was just calling to make your reservations, and also calling the Internet desk. The more people that called to say that this is an issue the more they realize that was an issue and work to fix it. I am a little shocked that this is still happening, you would think they would’ve fixed it by now. Maybe because not enough people complain about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter