DVC stay away!!!!

New England Seaside resort is what I would say the theme is. I think alot of people would dissagree with you (Especially considering that the Yacht & Beach Club have the HIGHEST occupancy rates of all the WDW deluxe properties). Contemporary occupancy rates are among the lowest of the deluxe resorts. The Contemporary really has no theme at all. The Poly is the first WDW resort with a Theme, and they have stuck with themed resorts since that time.

Now I would like to say that the Contemporary has the best location of any WDW resort hands down. This still doesn't change the fact that the building itself is really not much different than many other hotels around the country (Minus the Monorail), and the DVC building is even more common looking.

Yes, different guests see the Disney resorts differently.
Which is why it is so nice that Disney has so many choices.

If I want the look of New England Seaside in my resort I will stay at the Harborside Portsmouth Hotel NH, instead of the Grand Floridian I prefer the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan.

When I am at Disney I don't my resort to make me think I am in another part of the country or world.

I want to be reminded I am at Disney.

Monorails coming through a hotel lobby, the giant icons at the values and the whimsical look of the Dolphin and Swan hotels remind me I am at Disney when I stay there.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

It's an interesting question, in that people who want CRV want it because they like the Contemporary, and people who don't want CRV to be built, don't want it because they like the Contemporary!

I don't have an emotional attachment to the Contemporary, so I'm OK either way, as long as the original tower section remains. My only objection is that I'd rather it were at the Polynesian. :sigh:

It sure would be nice if it were done tastefully, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-200 units.

There two things I see that won't work with your idea. 1st I don't see them wanting to tear down the South Garden Wing rooms for a very & I mean very long time since they were just renovated. 2nd If the South Garden Wings were to go then there would be a period of time when it would be even harder to stay just in the Tower of the Contemporary. With all the guests who stay there just for a vacation and the guests who stay for conventions it's very hard to book any room at the Contemporary, so that is why my family and I book months in advance. For our stay there this August we booked it last December and it's good we did because I checked online for fun to see if there were any rooms left, well as of right now from 8/7-8/17 which is the dates we will be there it's 100% sold out. Last month when we booked for December 2007 we were told the Atrium Club was 100% sold out from 12/15-12/25, so we booked a Garden View Concierge room at the Polynesian. So those are my reasons why it's a bad idea to get rid of the South Garden Wing.

You are absolutely right, it won't happen because they already refurb'ed the south garden. I just think if they had thought it out a little better, they could really transform the back properties into something special, DVC or otherwise. I know we don't have final plans yet (or even know if CVR is in the cards), so who knows if the crescent will be the design. I just think the three different styles (the CR tower, the garden wing, and the crescent DVC) will feel very ad-hoc and won't compliment each other. I am all about symmetry here, I really think the best look and feel would have been to replace all the garden wings with something new in a similar style (at least with each other.) Not all the units would have to be DVC, make some hotel suites/villas in a similar style with DVC, but run through CR. Sammie's idea of mini-monorail people movers back to the main tower would have been really cool.

As for the pool, that wouldn't be hard. Give each building a smaller quiet pool, and just expand the current main pool for all three. Make it bigger, add a slide, zero entry, water play area, etc.

As for the pool, that wouldn't be hard. Give each building a smaller quiet pool, and just expand the current main pool for all three. Make it bigger, add a slide, zero entry, water play area, etc.
The main pool at the Contemporary already does have a water slide and if my memory is correct I think there is a water play area. Personally I think the pool is big enough but if they want to make it bigger I would not mind seeing that happen and yes I think it should make it zero entry.

The main pool at the Contemporary already does have a water slide and if my memory is correct I think there is a water play area. Personally I think the pool is big enough but if they want to make it bigger I would not mind seeing that happen and yes I think it should make it zero entry.

I forgot about the water slide they do have, but it could be expanded, and the water play area is just a few spouts. I guess I just mean the pool would have to be bigger if it were the main pool for both CR and CRV, and would need an expansion of these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter