East Coast Checking In!

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
How is everyone? The "real" storm hasn't quite hit here yet, but so far so good. I believe they are expecting the worst around 2:00 pm today.

I am right adjacent to Springfield - we look to be getting some of the worst of it; the rain is extremely hard, the winds are getting stronger, and I am amazed we have electricity!!
If we can keep power, I'll check in later.

stay safe all!
Caroline do you have a cell phone, you can always call one of use if you lose power!

VT checking is RAIN!!!! and just the start of the wind here. Rain gauge is out so we'll see how much we get IF it stays on the post.

Lisa Caroline had my cell number if not I have hers.

off to feed animal while it's not horendous rain.

Stay safe everyone.

Good morning, rain and wind woke me awhile ago. Power is starting to flicker a bit so I figured I'd check in and let everyone know we are okay so far. Good luck everyone and praying we all stay safe and dry! I will check in as I am able.

My plan for today is to clean up the kitchen and scrap.

Cassey

Sounds like everyone is doing well so far. Hope you don't get too much more water in your basement Jennifer.

Wind picked up here about 6 am, gusting to about 45. Fortunately, right now we're on the lea side of the house but I can see a lot of blowdown. The poor birds are having trouble stayin gon the feeders. Rained all night. Generator kicked on about 9:15. I LOVE that sound. It means lights, refrigeration and hot food!

Lights are flickering now and again, but so far so good. We had a hot breakfast, so we're set for now.

According to the news, we've had nearly 5 inches of rain in my town. So far, just a little damp in the basement. If we lose power and it keeps coming in, we'll be very very wet, because the sump pump won't work without power...

heard from Cindy (bearbear) they are okay in NJ! didn't lose power!

I have heard from Lisa on the Cape.. they are good....

I'm awaiting to hear from Buffy and the gang as to how they are....

heard from Cindy (bearbear) they are okay in NJ! didn't lose power!

Thank you for posting Lisa. One of my friends is stuck in disney so I have to go check on her house. My area isn't that bad. We are located between the shore and philadelphia. The tornado warnings were the scariest for us last night.:scared1: It is still windy though. Hope all of you up north stay safe.

Christy, I do have Caroline's and your cell phone numbers. If either of you lose power, give me a quick call to let me know.

We are getting the winds. OY, the winds. It is either high tide or the water surge is coming in. Our beach is up to the parking lot, the sand is completely under water. Mom and I drove down to the beach, the wind was so strong we couldn't open the doors. Just as well, the sand was blasting so hard we would have had two layers of skin ripped off. I updated my blog with pictures of the surf.

Jennifer, hope your basement doesn't flood that much.

Here! never made it to Buffalo, DH was just to tired. So we stopped right outside of Syracuse. Started to rain about 5am, now there is no rain but the wind is wicked.
Mom lost power at about 6:30 this morning, whole town is out. Our road is closed in 3 spots due to trees and power lines down. The side road off our road is closed due to a big tree as well. No damage at our house as of yet, mom hasn't been able to get to my house to check the basement though. She did say they did not having driving rains, which is good!

Power keeps going in and out. There is a tree across my road and it has taken down the neighbor across the streets lines. Waiting for the power company to come tie off the lines as they are still live. They just showed up so don't know how long I will have power.

Cassey

We're still okay here. Wind is picking up the dogs and I napped Levi's vac'd Eric's doing barn chores in my outback coat. I'll have to post pics later lights have flickered but are okay for now. our little brook is now a creek, let's hope the dam holds for the pond or it will be a river. Thinking of some lunch and another nap are in order storm headache is wanting to start.

Lisa I figured you'd still have my cell#. I'm fairly sure that your's is still in this phone.

Glad to hear everyone is still okay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter