East Coast Checking In!

We are leaving in the morning and headed to the Poconos. 390 to Binghamton to 81 to Scranton PA to 380 to East Stroudsburg.

My only concern is Binghamton but according to the 511 road site there are no hazards or closures along the entire route, however I will be checking tomorrow morning and along the way. It's only about 5 1/2 hours which is pretty good, so hopefully it won't take to much longer than that.

Now for the good news!! We have power!!!

More good news!! DS15 and DS10 don't have school til Tuesday!! :cool1:
Now lets hope we don't get to much in the way of snow this winter cause I have big Disney plans next summer and I don't need anymore "snow/hurricane/power outage days!

drive safe! you will be going through were Jim and I lived...Shawnee on the Delaware....be careful on those small country roads with the RV!

We still don't have power. Our "estimated restoration" is for 9/4/2011 at midnight. I don't know how much longer I can take it. My idiot neighbors got a generator and when it ran out of gas came outside and swore a blue streak at 11:00 pm. The other dummies were using a camp stove INSIDE and started a fire, so the fire department came over last night. I'm so tired...

Jennifer that's just nuts!! People can't do without electricity and TV for more then an hour. I'd get a generator and use it long enough to wash some dishes and take a shower.
Idiot won't be able to get gas if the stations don't have power either.
As for the camp stove, OY!!! Stupid is as stupid does.

I hope you get power soon!! They told us 5-8 days and we got it 2, hopefully you will be online quickly.

Jennifer, sending hugs and prayers your way.

People always surprise me with thier stupidity, we had live wires down in front of our house and people we attempting to drive over them.:scared1: I had to call the police and have them come down to block them off till the power company could get there. And they were still arguing that they wanted to get down the street.:sad2: I wouldn't leave DD at home alone until the wires were dealt with because I was afraid someone would do something stupid.

Cassey

I'm very grateful that we didn't any damage, that all my friends and family are safe, but this is really crazy. I live in the civilized world, why is it taking so long!? I'm cranky and supremely overtired.

Honestly, people are really dumb. Why would you drive across live wires? Why would you start a camp fire inside with your wife and 3 year old daughter there? Why wouldn't you have your 12 and 10 year old kids in bed before 10:00 on the night before the first day of school? I was worried that the noise of the generator was going to keep us up, but it was actually more like a fan (white noise) than bothersome. Of course, it stopped around 11:00.

Trying to figure out what to do for dinner tonight. I'm thinking Panera and then I'll take Morgan over to my sister's for a shower so she'll be all set for the 2nd day of school. I may go over there to do some laundry tomorrow. I really hope they are giving us the "worst case scenario" and that the power will be on today. Fingers crossed!

hope you power is back earlier than they say Jennifer.....

unfortunately there are lots of stupid people in the world....just like the ones who drive into water covered roads...hello, everytime there's a flood, they say not to drive into the water...and they do!
and to drive over live power lines :scared1: no words for that..

Prime examples of the Darwin Award right there.

Hate to be the party pooper, but it took us over 6 days when we had the wind event and just under 5 for the ice storm. Tommy did have to drive far that first time to get more gas for the generator. Back then we only had 3 days worth stored. We have a week now.

Triage is triage. They do the areas that need it most - where there are hospitals and emergency stations. [we are close to a firehouse, that is why we got ours as soon as we did, :lmao:, you know because 6 days is soon - some were 9-12 days without power] Areas of commerce [that almighty $] before subdivisions before rural or stretch out houses.

I hope your power comes on soon Jennifer!

just heard from my friend in Bridgewater NJ ....they got home late last night from Puerto Rico to a flooded basement...3 inches, carpet, and lower sheetrock and insulation will have to be replaced....not sure about the furniture yet, all electronics are ok, kiddo's toys are a mess....their street was without power for 53 hrs, said its just a big mess some trees and limbs down but no major structure damage!

Jennifer, we still don't have power in CT either. I am going home to one stinky freezer and frig. :eek: But at least that is our only worry.

With this storm we discovered glo sticks. Much better than candles. I even put a necklace one on the dog. It is great in the dark to see where she is. I'd leave several in the bathroom. We didn't have to worry about a candle catching on fire. :thumbsup2

Jennifer, we still don't have power in CT either. I am going home to one stinky freezer and frig. :eek: But at least that is our only worry.

With this storm we discovered glo sticks. Much better than candles. I even put a necklace one on the dog. It is great in the dark to see where she is. I'd leave several in the bathroom. We didn't have to worry about a candle catching on fire. :thumbsup2

eeww, I had one of those stinky freezers when Jim unplugged our garage freeze that was full of meat, not fun to clean up....used alot of baking soda and scrubbed the heck, then left it open for a couple of days.

love the idea of the glo sticks, never would of though of that use for them!

Last night DH remembered the LCD lights I had bought for camping with the girl scouts. They were helpful...

But, we're back! They finally showed up around 2:45, and were gone before 3:00. Less than 15 minutes to get us set up.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
happy you got your power back!!

how has Morgan done at middle school?
Megan's getting a bit anxious so if she knows how Morgan did it might help!

Here middle school starts in 5th grade, so she's been there for a year already. But, she did fine last year. It really was fine. She had no trouble getting used to the locker and changing classes. The teachers all know there's an adjustment period and take that into account.

Here middle school starts in 5th grade, so she's been there for a year already. But, she did fine last year. It really was fine. She had no trouble getting used to the locker and changing classes. The teachers all know there's an adjustment period and take that into account.

thanks, her school does the same on the first day and we did the tour on Tuesday!

thanks, her school does the same on the first day and we did the tour on Tuesday!

The first day they stay in their homeroom all day long. I don't know if that's necessary, but they did. This year, they didn't do that. They went right off to classes!

The first day they stay in their homeroom all day long. I don't know if that's necessary, but they did. This year, they didn't do that. They went right off to classes!

their homeroom teach meets them at the beginning, then meet the others and rotate through....on Tuesday we did the route about 5-6 times and locker combo at least 20 times to make sure she felt comfortable!

it was great talking to you, enjoy having your power back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter