East Coast Checking In!

Thanks Nan! stopped raining enough i can see out again! 100,000 without power in MA! It went a bit west of the conn river report I think that will spare us a bit

MorganMom2000 just texted. They lost power.

Sister texted, they have 3" in their basement. And they are on a hill.

Ann glad you have her # it was in my other phone I just figured out! power flickering more and more I'd say I'm not longed for the grid for long.

I was just coming on to post that Jennifer text me too.

Our power is flickering. DH is chomping at at the bit to turn on the generator. I think he will have his chance. The beach road has been breached, the surge is over the beach, the parking lot and onto the road. The marsh has flooded up to our neighbors backyard.

The Barnstable Police did a reverse call to citizens requesting everyone stay off the roads until at least Monday morning at 8:00 am due to power lines down and traffic lights not functioning.

I was just coming on to post that Jennifer text me too.

Our power is flickering. DH is chomping at at the bit to turn on the generator. I think he will have his chance. The beach road has been breached, the surge is over the beach, the parking lot and onto the road. The marsh has flooded up to our neighbors backyard.

The Barnstable Police did a reverse call to citizens requesting everyone stay off the roads until at least Monday morning at 8:00 am due to power lines down and traffic lights not functioning.

Glad to see you post!

Storm is winding down now, Thank heavens. Lots of road closures, flooding. We have debris, but all rakeable, no chainsaw needed here. Again, thank heavens.

Caroline - fingers crossed for you, Babe! Your area has had so MUCH trouble this year.

I have been watching coverage- glad to hear everyone is staying safe and making it through. My parents are headed home- they have power but half of their neighborhood doesn't, my SIL in southeast NC was without power yesterday but it was back on before she headed to bed last night.

It is amazingly different watching coverage and being so far away from the hurricane itself- we always seem to be in some of the path, but not at all this time.

Rebecca

Glad you are there.. I'm watching Hartford News now... Bristol has flooding now..

LOL You crack me up!!!

We are in Grand Island. Windy as all get out.
Mom finally ventured out, so far no water in the basement!! WOOHOO!! Hopefully it stays that way! Still no power but no trees down, just a few limbs.

Friends across town lost power 4 hours before we did. And lost a huge tree in their backyard, thankfully it missed everything.
Mom has seen CL-P trucks everywhere so hopefully power will be up and running soon. We might even come home tomorrow! We want to wait and see if the kids have school on Tuesday first.

Oh and we got pics of the edge of Irene. It's kinda cool looking, I'll post them when we get home.

And to put this storm in perspective. If you picked up the storm and moved it over Europe, it would cover the entire Continent!!!!

looks like everyone is doing well, no major damage is good!
still saying prayers and sending :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

For any of you that know Simon Pearce Glass blowing the quechee plant is under water :( Please pray for all my friends employed by them.

The water here is horrific rivers are oceans and creaks are rivers. Roads are washed out all over town

that's terrible Christy...are you going to have to evacuate? stay safe!

Lisa I'm okay (well unless we have mudslides) I'm a good 100+ feet above the river but the main road, which is now going under so while we are okay I have so many friends that aren't and are headed for shelters. If they can get there. I'm just scared cause my dumb butt husband took the boys back out and now they are???? I talked to him and he's trying a different route.

Christy - you are enduring far more than we did - although we lost power, it was only for 4 hrs - but VT, along with PA and NJ, seems to have been dealt the most. I am so sorry to hear of all the serious flooding. Sounds like the Winooski River is the worst right now.
Keep safe!!

Caroline i've seen no reports on our area (white river/ hartford) we've supposidly lost 2 historic covered bridges and Simon Pearce. Holly (PO3) and I were just there 3 weeks ago

To be honest I'm safe but scared!

The Weather Channel just showed a covered bridge in Quechee - destroyed as water carved a huge hole in the side of it as it flowed through. They are calling it historic flash flooding in VT.

Oh my Christy! Stay safe! I hope your DH gets home with the boys soon.

Caroline i've seen no reports on our area (white river/ hartford) we've supposidly lost 2 historic covered bridges and Simon Pearce. Holly (PO3) and I were just there 3 weeks ago

To be honest I'm safe but scared!

Christy, the water is running badly in Brattleboro down the main street, Ludlow, Quechee, grafton. Rt 100 north of Wilmington. There are videos on the weather channel, I think it was, and they ain't pretty. PLEASE stay safe!

Caroline, glad to hear from you too - The CT river will be up tomorrow - they were saying also the westfield river.

We've got flooding all over - in Schenectady they're saying this will be the hundred year flood. The schoharie valley is also going down. Middleburgh, prattsville, schoharie, Margaretville, all underwater. It's bad.

All those people that said the weather channel over hyped it obviously arent' in some of these places. The photos are incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter