East Coast Checking In!

How sad. We spent a whole day in Quechee on our road trip. We enjoyed the town, the covered bridge, everything. I just watched a few youtube videos that people have posted. So sad. Be careful everyone in the areas with flooding.

Please everyone stay safe! Hope the worst has passed now:grouphug: watching the news updates:angel:

Thoughts and prayers for all those affected by the storm and aftermath!

Squid

I will text her and let her know..... They are still having fun per the photos she sent me! Princess has learned to beat the Princes on bikes! LOL

Linda, I texted her.. She said thank you and keep her posted if you can... I'm so unfamiliar with the area, I am of no help to her...

those photos are so heart breaking....water is so damaging!

way to show up your big brothers princess blink :woohoo:

Linda, I texted her.. She said thank you and keep her posted if you can... I'm so unfamiliar with the area, I am of no help to her...

Nancy, I just checked and it has been updated for the night - the 'workaround' is not particularly good, especially towing. If they're comfortable, I'd recommend they stay where they are for another day or two.

"UPDATE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC I-90 - NYS THRUWAY FROM MILEPOST 276.5 TO 158.8 BETWEEN EXIT 34A AND EXIT 25A IS CLOSED EASTBOUND

Remains closed to traffic, severe flooding I-90 - NYS Thruway from milepost 276.5 to 158.8 between exit 34A and exit 25A is closed EASTBOUND. Expect severe delays approaching the closure area. Motorists are advised to avoid this region and to seek alternate routes. Motorists are advised to exit at Exit 34A, take I-481 SOUTH to 81 SOUTH, to I-88 EAST (to go around the I-88 bridge closure) exit at I-88 EXIT 22 to 145, to Route 7E, to ROUTE 30A, to return to I-88 EAST at EXIT 23, and re-enter the Thruway at Exit 25A.

Updated Monday 08/29 at 08:38 PM"

We got our power back on here at the Cape this afternoon. Still no power at our house in CT. MomE's CT does have power however. My DB, DSL, and DN went over there to cook, take showers, and do laundry.

My hometown is providing showering facilities at the high school, water supply at the middle school, and cell and laptop charging facilities at the Town Hall.

After last evening the wind was blowing fiercely here, several big trees went down in the village including a 100 year old Mulberry Tree, however no trees landed on any houses, thank goodness. For a bit of time we had water view property as the water surge came up thru the marshland.

Today was a gorgeous day. We spent the day cleaning up the yard, putting plants, yard ornaments, and chairs back outside. DH washed the salt off the waters.

Christy, I hope you all are okay. The flooding is terrible, large bodies of water like that is dangerous.

Thanks for the info Linda. We are trying to figure out if we should go to Binghamton to Scranton to home. It would be a long drive but I think we can do it.
We are probably going to stay an extra day but DS15 will most likely be in school Thursday.

Thruway is still closed for a long segment this morning. Friends in Vernon Connecticut attempted it yesterday from Verona NY. It took them 14 hours in a car for a normally 5 hour trip. CHECK on Binghamton BEFORE going that way - that county is under a flood warning too.

Lisa, SO glad you guys have power back. Hope everything STAYS well with you.

well after 48 LONG hours without power ~ we got it back on this morning at 2am -- we have a lot of elderly neighbors and a tree fell on one of thier houses ~ so the boys and i went out and got coffee for them and then made pizza on the grill and were feeding everyone -- needless to say it was an adventure but i am glad its done. what a freaky week it has been around here - first the earth quake and then the hurricane.
Jennifer

Jennifer, happy you all are safe and sound, how nice of you to help out your neighbors :goodvibes

Happy to hear everyone is safe. Power came back last night but no internet at home yet.

School has been pushed back at least 1 day here for us. Kids are happy, parents not so much. 1 out of the 6 schools has power so far.

Christy, I have been praying for your area. Lots of flooding, DS kept texting me throughout the day with updates. Will keep you in my prayers.

Buffy, please drive safely.

Will check back when I can.

Cassey

Thanks for the update Linda, you are my beacon of light for NY!!!

Looks like DS15 and DS10 won't have school until Tuesday, so we are thinking of staying here for a few more days. DD and DS9 both have school starting today but when I called yesterday they said a lot of people were calling to say they were not coming in.

Herkimer KOA is basically closed, people can't get in or out.

We need to watch TS Katia too, it looks to be tracking close to Irene's path.

Oh Buffy, please do not mention the word hurricane again!! LindaBabe, MomE and I leave next week for Spain and our transatlantic cruise leaves on the 10th. Although it is inevitable that we think of the possibility, we trying to put our blinders on!!

Thanks for the update Linda, you are my beacon of light for NY!!!

Looks like DS15 and DS10 won't have school until Tuesday, so we are thinking of staying here for a few more days. DD and DS9 both have school starting today but when I called yesterday they said a lot of people were calling to say they were not coming in.

Herkimer KOA is basically closed, people can't get in or out.

We need to watch TS Katia too, it looks to be tracking close to Irene's path.

Stay there! The water is receding, some places, but the roads will need the mud plowed off them and the bridges inspected before they are passible. I've been on some of those roads they're using for detours and believe me you DON't want to go there - especially with a trailer.

Oh Buffy, please do not mention the word hurricane again!! LindaBabe, MomE and I leave next week for Spain and our transatlantic cruise leaves on the 10th. Although it is inevitable that we think of the possibility, we trying to put our blinders on!!

Listen! you two are the good churchgoing members of this little party - get on the hot line! As for ME, I'm going to bed and pull the covers over my head:scared1:.

Christy won't be going to Rutland any time soon. The 'creek' peeled off part of Rt 4 on the way down Mendon Mountain. My friend Andrew MacKenzie on Rt 100 at Killington is "river'd in" in every direction. Photos on facebook.I dunno if they'll show up or not

https://www.facebook.com/settings?ref=mb#!/media/set/?set=a.2270782018978.2132797.1531462888&type=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter