Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight we are having open faced french dip sandwhiches with homemade german potato salad and leftover brussel sprouts.

Cheeseballs are a quick go to appetizer...dried beef, pineapple, a few nut with cream is good. or a pepper jam just poured over cream cheese is easy and yummy as well~

So this weekend we are gonna be bad :rolleyes1 tonight my mom asked us out to dinner (cant say no to mom ;) ) and tomorrow we are shopping all day...so both nights we will be eating out :woohoo: I'm just happy I dont have to cook a couple nights! I know, I know not the idea here but its nice every once in a while~

So well start with....
Sunday- Chili & Corn Bread
Monday- Riggatoni
Tuesday- Grilled Chicken Breast with Veggies
Wednesday- Meatloaf, Mashed Potato's & Corn
Thursday- Stuffed Shells
Friday-leftovers!

Have a Great Weekend :yay:

Next week is going to be rough around here! Dh is out of town, and dd has three band performances! Dh works from home so he handles dinner and band pickup/drop offs. I don't get home until 6pm, and I have to handle band stuff and dinner! :eek: I went today and honestly just got super easy go to foods. No emphasis on nutrition this week! :rotfl:

Tonight- Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Saturday-Have to eat out, dd performing in a parade out of town.
Sunday-Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit salad
Monday-Chicken pot pies, salad
Tuesday-Tuna sandwiches, tomato soup, fruit
Wednesday-Three cheese chicken Viola, salad
Thursday-Mushroom pizza, carrot/celery sticks, apple slices
Friday-Will probably succumb to take out as I drop dead from the week! ;)

Okay, so my menu this week (not including breakfast and lunches, still working on that haha...):

Monday: Chicken and Corn Chowder with some sort of Whole Wheat Bread
Wednesday: Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia, Baked Zucchini Fries, and Salad
Thursday: Ham Steak, Scrambled Eggs, Wheat Toast, and Fruit
Saturday: Chicken and Cashews and Rice (I might bulk this up with more vegetables)

My family LOVES green chili, so I make it a couple times a month. I try to make enough to have plenty of leftovers, and we can make breakfast burrito's the following morning. The recipe is simple:

Est prep/cook time: 30 mins
2 cloves of garlic
half a yellow onion
1 can of diced tomato's
1 can chicken broth
1 tub of green chile (can be found in the frozen section of the supermarket, it's around the size of a small tub of butter)
1 lb of pork (diced)

cook pork, after it's done make a rue using the grease from the pork and flour so your chile will be thicker. Add the chicken broth and undrained diced tomato's. (I use the diced tomato's that come with chili's in them to add more spice) Add pork, dice up onion and mince garlic, once they are done, add them. Add water, about 2 cups and let simmer for 20 minutes or so. Add garlic salt and regular salt to taste. My family likes to eat it over burrito's, mashed potato's, and by itself.

Also, Posole can be made exactly the same way, only add a large can of hominy (drained) to the recipe. Green chile stew is made the same way also, except add a little more water (it's more like a soup) substitute the pork for ground beef and add a few cut up potato's. It takes longer to make because you have to wait for the pototo's to cook.

Saturday/Monday: beef and broccoli stir fry, fried rice, egg rolls
Sunday/Tuesday: Pork roast, spinach casserole, red cabbage and apples
Wednesday: Oven fried chicken strips and roasted potatoes
Thursday: Vegetable soup and grilled cheese
Friday: We have Chorus Cabaret, so probably something like the Dollar Scoop

I am having some friends over tonight for a game night so I am making pizzas and appetizers for dinner.

tonight- leftovers, then went to the hockey game and split a giant hot pretzel
sunday - dinner at my mom's
monday- prob something simple since Dh will not be home ( soup maybe?)
tuesday - chicken stir fry and salad
wed - turkey sausage, sweet potatoe fries, salad
thurs - leftovers
fri- homemade pizza, salad and wine night:cool1:

Grocery day yesterday. This week's menu:

Yesterday-
Spaghetti
Green Beans
Garlic Toast

Tonight-
Oven Roasted Chicken
Onion Soup Mix Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Monday-
Fried Eggs
Hash Browns
Bacon
Biscuits

Tuesday-
Au Gratin Potatoes with Smoked Sausage
French Style Green Beans

Wednesday-
Hot Dogs (sauerkraut for DH)
Chips
Carrot Sticks

Thursday-
Beef Tips with Spaetzle Noodles
Sauteed Zucchini
Cressant Rolls

Friday-
Aldi Pizza that we did not have last week

I am making a Puerto Rican seasoned pork roast for dinner. By law I am required to make rice. Well not really. But I probably will. :thumbsup2

Today we did some Christmas shopping, so we went out for dinner. It was our first time eating out in a restuarant for awhile.

I fell off the wagon planning meals a few weeks ago, and as a result...have eaten out way too much!! The last time we ate out was lunch on Thursday, my husband and I went to Five Guys.

Some meals we had since then are:

-split pea soup and homemade bread
-buffalo chicken pizza and regular pizza
-beef with snow peas

The night I made the pizza, my oven broke!! While preheating the oven, I heard a pop, looked through the window, looked like it was on fire...which quickly went out if it was, and nothing has cooked right since. It gets warm, but not as hot as it should be. Broiler still works, stove still works. Don't know if I should try to get it fixed, or just buy a new one...we've been living in this house going on 9 years...Either way, I'm waiting till January cause I'm broke right now (had to get van fixed-$975, DH got root canal last week) I still have the stove, broiler, crockpot, rotisserie...won't be able to bake cookies though.

This week for us:

Monday-Spaghetti with Italian Sausage Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread
Tuesday-White Bean Chicken Chili with tortillas
Wednesday-Pot Roast in Crockpot with Peas & Carrots & Mashed Potatoes
Thursday-Krautburgers with Tator Tots
Friday-Chili Dogs
Saturday-Grinch Movie Night Menu
*Roast Beast (Ham Steak) & Gravy (red-eyed gravy)
*Who Hash (hashbrowns/scrambled eggs)
*Who Bread (Bisquits) with Smashed Who Berries (jelly)
*Who Pudding for Dessert (Rice Pudding)

LOVE IT! :lovestruc I love to do special things for my children, and I love this idea!

It's going to be a busy week this week finishing baking and decorating cookies and making up gift trays. Grocery shopping this evening after the hubby gets off work but I'm trying to use what we have here and only supplement at the grocery store. Al I have on hand for now is several lbs. of ground beef and chicken breasts so dinner will be either ground beef something or chicken something all week.

I worked all weekend, so we ordered Chinese delivery yesterday. Leftovers we divided up for today's lunch. So here's what I have planned for the week:

Mon- Amish casserole, salad, corn
Tues - chicken in sour cream sauce, oven baked rice, salad
Weds- meatloaf, roasted smashed potatoes, salad
Thurs - work Christmas party/staff meeting and it's pot luck so it will be mostly finger foods and snacky foods there, hubby will have leftovers.
Fri- honey chicken kebabs, grilled corn on the cob, fruit skewers (see the shape theme here? lol)
Sat - barbecued chicken pizza with cilantro and carmelized onion

~Happy Cooking!

Okay, so my menu this week (not including breakfast and lunches, still working on that haha...):

Monday: Chicken and Corn Chowder with some sort of Whole Wheat Bread
Wednesday: Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia, Baked Zucchini Fries, and Salad
Thursday: Ham Steak, Scrambled Eggs, Wheat Toast, and Fruit
Saturday: Chicken and Cashews and Rice (I might bulk this up with more vegetables)

Hi LilyWDW will you post on thursday and tell me how the tilapia and baked zucchini fries were (and the recipes) ? TIA.. Michelle

This week for us:

Monday-Spaghetti with Italian Sausage Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread
Tuesday-White Bean Chicken Chili with tortillas
Wednesday-Pot Roast in Crockpot with Peas & Carrots & Mashed Potatoes
Thursday-Krautburgers with Tator Tots
Friday-Chili Dogs

What a great dinner on Sat night!!!

Hi My week looks like this:
Yesterday - turkey dinner with homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, peas, brown and serve rolls, and stuffing
Today - homemade baked beans, hotdogs and brown and serve rolls
Tues - Popcorn chicken, FF - reg for me and sweet for Hubs
Wed - spaghetti with homemade meat sauce and garlic bread
Thurs - DS has a 6pm hockey game in the city so we might get $2 subway's if not then frozen pizza when we get home at 8:30ish
Fri - something on the grill - chicken or burgers
Sat - same as thurs either pizza before the game or subways after
Sun ?

we will have homemade applesauce and choco chip cookies and peanut butter balls too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter