• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone new.
I'm too tired to cook tonight so DH is firing up the grill for burgers. I discovered today that making is spritz cookies is the adult version of play dough fun factory. Fun factory was a little easier to load though than the cookie press if I recall correctly.

I'm doing the cookies and other treats this weekend. Luckily, I have extra of everything in case my first try at spritz cookies doesn't work.

Dinner tonight will be:

Ham Steak
Scrambled Eggs
Wheat Toast
Fresh Fruit

Tonight is also my last test of the semester! Woohoo! I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad about the semester being over. Bring on the holidays.

Last nights dinner was a disaster. A funny disaster, but a disaster none the less. I made a grocery list while I was baby sitting and my boyfriend ran to the store to help me out. So I went to start dinner last night, and I was making a recipe I found on pinterest, and he'd forgotten to buy a key ingredient. So I decided to make broccoli cheese soup, and he'd forgotten to buy two ingredients for that. UGH

Luckily, I had pasta sauce, pasta and I found some chicken in the freezer, and was able to pull a dinner out of my pocket. Thank goodness.

Tonight we are going to see Santa, and I'm hoping for not much of a wait. We've had to wait for hours before. Our town has gotten way too big way too fast, but it's the only Santa and Mrs. Claus she's ever taken her picture with. Depending on how long this takes, we might end up with dinner at the mall.

Had a change of plans last night, pulled out a frozen pizza & served with baby carrots & apple slices. Made the pork stir fry & broccoli tonight. Note to self: don't make a dish that needs constant supervision when you need to pick up a kid @ 5, another at 5:30, & have everyone fed, dressed (including dd's Nutcracker hair & makeup) & in the next town over by 6:30:lmao:. We made it, but tonight would have been the better frozen pizza night!

Last night we ended up at McDonald's instead of subway and spent $6.40 - we had a McChicken, McDouble, a 4pc McNugget, 2 small fries and small drink to share (i figure Subway would have been like $6 with two of the $2 6" subs and a drink) tonight we are having the frozen Pizza and Mac and Cheese balls

Last night we ended up at McDonald's instead of subway and spent $6.40 - we had a McChicken, McDouble, a 4pc McNugget, 2 small fries and small drink to share (i figure Subway would have been like $6 with two of the $2 6" subs and a drink) tonight we are having the frozen Pizza and Mac and Cheese balls

Last night we ordered from Dominos... I had to work late, almost 3 hours later than normal, so I ordered from my phone, on my way home, and it arrived when I did.. I know I was bad, but in a pinch I needed help!

Wow Brandi that is a super long day - your right no cooking for sure when that happens!!

Tonight we are going to have pork chops with hashbrowns and applesauce.

I was a bad girl today and went out to Michael Symon's B-Spot for lunch. It was super yummy and worth every single calorie.

Did 1 more day of Christmas shopping yesterday with my mom & finished up! Well, except I'm on the hunt for a platinum Keurig at the $99 price, I might drive to another town to check there. After the long shopping day, made spaghetti with pre-browner hamburger from the freezer, along w/ salad & frozen garlic bread. DD5 had a friend for dinner & I took the kids to see Happy Feet 2 in our small town theatre. ($5 for adults,$3 for kids, & super cheap snacks, we luv our theatre!). Will switch the menu & have slow cooker chicken enchilada soup tonight, as the kids have b-ball this am, the inlaws will be here for the afternoon & dh & I have a neighborhood holiday party tonight.

Tonight we are having spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and cucumber salad left from the other night.

Dh ended up going to the neighborhood party alone, as I had a headache, so the kids & I had a snacky dinner of cheeses, ham, crackers & clementines (& Schwanz peppermint ice cream:santa:). Tonight is finally the meatloaf, mashed potatoes & veggie.

Another busy week ahead so meals will be quick and easy! Then, we will be out of town all next week so I can relax and let my mom and resturaunts do all the cooking! ;) While I was making last nights dinner, I threw together a ham and bean soup for Monday.

Saturday-Hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, peas
Sunday- Mushroom pizza, salad
Monday-Ham and bean soup, cornbread
Tuesday-Tuna sandwiches, carrots/broccoli w/dip, chips
Wednesday-Chicken tettrazini, green beans, rolls
Thursday- Mushroom, green pepper frattata, fruit salad
Friday- Subway (promised dd!)
Saturday- Tons of appetizers and yummy desserts!
Sunday- Merry Christmas!! :santa: Fried oysters, shrimp scampi, crab legs, twice baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, french bread and tons of yummy Christmas desserts!

Here's this week's menu:

Sunday - Beef stroganoff over egg noodles with vegetable medley
Monday - Grilled salmon w/basil cream sauce, rice, honey glazed carrots
Tuesday - Roast pork, baked potatoes, baby brussel sprouts and corn
Wednesday - Roast chicken with stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry
Thursday - Spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread, salad
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Take out chinese

This weeks menu:
Mon/19 Glazed Salmon With Broccoli Rice
Tue/20 Christmas at Friend's- Spaghetti, Baked Chicken Parm, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wed/21 Minestrone Soup and Whole Wheat Bread
Thu/22 Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce and Rice
Sun/25 (Xmas) Standing Rib Roast, Roasted Green Beans with Garlic, Baked Potatoes, Salad, Whole Wheat Rolls, Angel Food Cake with Fruit and Whipped Cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter