Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have chili going in the crockpot and a summer sausage and cheese tray in the fridge. My parents are coming into town tonight. All I have to do is throw some crackers in a basket and dinner will be ready! :cool1:

Tonight I am having turkey keilbasa with sweet potato fries and carrots, while mom is having shrimp with fried rice.

Last night we had the eggs & potatoes, tonight we had ham & bean soup & cornbread. Hope everyone is doing well on their Christmas preparations!

Last night I made 4 batches of cookies and am working on 2 today. So dinner is going to be simple. Grilled chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and squash

I spent all day cleaning and baking. My husband and daughter are out running errands, and are going to bring home Subway for dinner tonight.

Christmas Eve menu- Appetizers and goodies

Shrimp egg rolls
spinach artichoke pastry cups
Mini mushroom pizzas
Veggie tray with dip
Various nuts and dried fruits
Sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, pecan sandies, Reece's fudge

Christmas breakfast-
Cinnamon Rolls
Nutella Croissants
Fresh fruit salad
Potato pancakes

Christmas dinner-
Shrimp scampi
Fried oysters
Twice baked potatoes
Steamed broccoli
Fresh yeast rolls

Then we are going on vacation from Monday-Saturday so we will be eating out or at my parents. Looking forward to keeping up with this thread in the new year! Happy Holidays to all my Eat At Home buddies!

I spent all day cleaning and baking. My husband and daughter are out running errands, and are going to bring home Subway for dinner tonight.

Christmas Eve menu- Appetizers and goodies

Shrimp egg rolls
spinach artichoke pastry cups
Mini mushroom pizzas
Veggie tray with dip
Various nuts and dried fruits
Sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, pecan sandies, Reece's fudge

Christmas breakfast-
Cinnamon Rolls
Nutella Croissants
Fresh fruit salad
Potato pancakes

Christmas dinner-
Shrimp scampi
Fried oysters
Twice baked potatoes
Steamed broccoli
Fresh yeast rolls

Then we are going on vacation from Monday-Saturday so we will be eating out or at my parents. Looking forward to keeping up with this thread in the new year! Happy Holidays to all my Eat At Home buddies!

Can I come over!?! Even though I would blow my diet if I was at your house! Wow, sounds really tasty!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Happy Holidays!
I got a late start with planning our Christmas Day meal, but it wasn't hard considering we are falling back on old traditions so there really wasn't much thought required anyway. We really have one sit down meal and that is early/lunch and the rest of the day we snack and nosh on leftovers. So here is our holiday fare:

sliced Hickory Smoked Ham, beef tamales, candied Sweet Potatoes (for me, no one else likes them:confused3) roasted garlic mashed potatoes, seasoned corn, pita chips and veggie tray, hummus dip, tortilla chips, salsa, spinach dip, assorted cheese platter, spinach salad, mixed fresh fruit bowl.

YUM YUM.

Merry Christmas everyone... Many blessings.

Lunch today is turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, fresh bread, and then lots of snaking this evening.

Merry Christmas!

Today's dinner is:

Appetizers: Fresh fruit salad, cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, hot crab bread, buffalo chicken dip, cheese, crackers, chips, dips
'
Dinner: Filet mignon on the grill, mushroom sauce, baked potatoes with sour cream, chives, bacon bits, cheese, steamed broccoli and rolls.

Dessert: Assorted cookies & bars

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope Santa was good to you.

Last night we ate at my Aunt's house, and tonight we go over to my Grandma's. I am taking corn pudding for tonight.

I did make mom and I cinnamon bacon waffles with strawberries for brunch.

I made muffin quiches with hashbrowns on the bottom for breakfast. I saw Emeril make them on GMA. The ham is in the oven and I am watching my daughter play Disneyland Adventures on the Kinnect. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas! I want to try to make these Oreo truffle balls for dessert. But I have a ton of cookies I made too.

I am going to try to make some Egg nog! Wish me luck!

Merry Christmas!

Today's dinner is:

Appetizers: Fresh fruit salad, cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, hot crab bread, buffalo chicken dip, cheese, crackers, chips, dips
'
Dinner: Filet mignon on the grill, mushroom sauce, baked potatoes with sour cream, chives, bacon bits, cheese, steamed broccoli and rolls.

Dessert: Assorted cookies & bars

I'll be right over!:rotfl:

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!:santa:

We ate a lot of leftovers from yesterday.

So Santa brings my girls dsi and iPod touches( both of which were. Either on sale or refurbed ;))
And my mommy brings me a trip to Disney next November!:banana:

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!:santa:

We ate a lot of leftovers from yesterday.

So Santa brings my girls dsi and iPod touches( both of which were. Either on sale or refurbed ;))
And my mommy brings me a trip to Disney next November!:banana:

A trip to Disney! Hooray! That's a wonderful gift! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! We had the Felize Navidad casserole, salad, corn & lots of goodies yesterday. It was so nice to be home & just us after all of the visiting on Christmas Eve. Tonight will be the salmon cakes, broccoli & Mac & cheese. We had leftovers instead when this was on the menu. The rest of the week's menu is a "use up the pantry & freezers" menu.

Tues: chicken primavera pasta, salad or veggie

Wed: broccoli cheese soup, ham & turkey paninis

Thurs: tortellini with meatballs, salad

Fri: French toast, sausage, fruit

Sat: probably gone for New Year's Eve

I hope everyone had a fun and happy holiday!

Here is the week's meal plan:

Tonight: Left over Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, and Salad.

Wednesday: Poor Man's Steak with Garlicky Gravy, Skinny Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, and Oven Roasted Green Beans

Thursday: Pecan Crusted Tilapia and Roasted Asparagus

Sunday: Shrimp Cocktail, Broiled Lobster Tails, Hasselback Potatoes, and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas.

I feel so lazy after yesterday and all the prep for the past few weeks. I hadn't even given any thought to this weeks menu until it hit me, this was Monday. A regular Monday and back to the daily routine. We have a lot of sliced ham left to use up and I don't want to freeze it for later as we are trying to prep for a move in 2 months, so things aren't being kept and stored, we are trying to empty out the pantry and freezer.

Mon- tamales, chips and salsa, guacamole, mixed fruit
Tues - barbecue ham and pineapple pizza
Weds - chipped ham sandwiches, carrot raisin salad, veggies and spinach dip
Thurs - ham and veggie fried rice
Fri - fried ham, macaroni and cheese, sweet peas
Sat - definitely not ham, but hamburger steak smothered in onions, mashed potatoes and onion gravy, green beans

~Happy Cooking!~ and Almost Happy New Year.

Monday:
Turkey, macaroni and cheese, peas, corn bread and peaches

Tuesday:
Hamburgers and french fries

Wednesday:
Either Turkey or Chicken enchiladas and chips

Thursday:
Pork Chops and rice, green beans, biscuits and apple slices

Friday:
BBQ Chicken, buttered carrots, mashed potatoes and rolls

Tonight:
Grilled pork chops with leftover roasted sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts

Tuesday-
Chicken and rice soup using the leftover chicken from Christmas Eve

Wenesday-
Spaghetti carbonara

Thursday-
Chicken stir ry with veggies and rice

Friday-
Cinnamon beef and sweet potato stew

Saturday-
Appetizers and pizza

Sunday-
Dinner at Grandma's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter