Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday we ended up getting chinese food my kitchen was tarped off our uncle help my dh put a ceiling it's half way done now. Hopefully done by Christmas eve we are hosting here:confused: I told my dh if it's not done we are wrapping it in Disney wrapping paper :rotfl2:

Tonight mil is treating us to pizza
Tomorrow homemade ac and cheese
Tuesday spaghetti and sauce
Wednesday chicken and rice
Thursday grilled cheese
Friday whatever u can find
Saturday Christmas eve food ! So excited its finally here :cool1:

Today: we had flounder, green beans and salad
Mon: Dh is working late so I will prob make my self and omelet
Tues: work Christmas party
Wed: chicken stir fry
Thur: chicken sausage and sweet fries
Fri: homemade pizza, salad
Sat: Dinner at mom's

My week is busy with Hockey and Christmas prep but this is what is planned
Last night we had hot turkey sandwiches all made from leftovers
Tonight - Mon - we are having Barber Chicken (Keiv and Parmesan Styles) after hockey practice
Tues will be Sheppards Pie all pre made (but won't cook till we get home)as we will be at a HS Hockey game till 6:30 so dinner not till 7:30ish
Wed is Meatloat again all premade (this will be fully cooked tonight and stored in fride for heating up on WEd) after hockey practice
Thurs - we are heading North to my parents for the night - No cooking
Friday - Christmas Dinner with my parents - No cooking
Saturday - Christmas Eve with the inlaws - No cooking
Sunday - Merry Christmas - I'll be having a full chicken dinner - roasted chicken, gravy , mashed, stuffing, corn, grean beans, rolls and I'm making cupcakes for dessert!

I have a big pot of vegetable beef soup simmering on the stove for dinner tonight and hoping for lots of leftovers for lunches.

Sunday-
Chicken quesadillas w/ salsa

Monday-
Baked chicken, mac and cheese, buttered carrots, and rolls

Tuesday-
Marinated steak, buttered parmesan noodles, peas, and rolls

Wednesday-
Crockpot chicken, green beans, salad and garlic bread

Thursday-
Roast beef sandwiches and soup

Friday-
Chili with cheese

Christmas Eve-
Pork Tamales, tacos, spanish rice and refried beans,
and iced sugar cookies

Christmas -
Roast, rice, gravy, macaroni and cheese, carrots, rolls and a birthday cake for baby Jesus

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

tonight was chicken caccitore (sp?) and brown rice. it will feed myself the rest of this week. tonight sadly it was not ready in time so i had a salad and snacked on some random stuff while it was cooking, but will eat the next four to five nights. the good thing is it used up the half container of chicken broth i had in the fridge, some frozen celery i had that i have yet to use, an onion that was on its last leg, and some red wine that i got as a gift ages ago and have been putting in sauces to use up.

i always end up with extra sauce/soupy mixture of veggies when i make this so i think i am going to freeze it and then add in white kidney beans, green beans, and carrots to make soup after the new year.

Last night was sandwiches as hubs was going to grill this pork tenderloin while I was working. The weather did not cooperate with him though.

Tonight was Five Guys Burger and Fries take out as I had to get some shopping done and it was already nearly 8 pm when I finished. Hubs was hanging lights so he didn't mind the fast food.

Tues - roast pork tenderloin, armenian rice, seasoned mixed veggies
Weds - cuban midnight sandwiches, chips, fruit and yogurt parfait
Thurs - carnitas on corn tortillas, sliced avocado, Julio's chips and salsa, fruit salad with chile lime dressing
Fri - roast beef stuffed shells, tossed salad, seasoned mixed veggies
Sat - hopefully dining out? We are going to the early service because midnight is just too late for DH (waaaay past his bedtime) and then we are going to view Christmas lights on the bay. Or else it will be finger foods and snacky foods that I prep on Friday.

Have a Happy Holiday Everyone!:santa:

Tonight I am planning on making homemade macaroni and cheese

Tomorrow night will be peppersteak stir fry

Thursday will be chicken with angel hair pasta

Friday will be beef stew

Saturday is dinner at my Aunt's house

Sunday is Christmas dinner at my Grandma's

Tonight I am going to my friend's house for Christmas/celebrating her pregnancy/planning a Disney trip! We are having Baked Chicken Parm (from Skinnytaste.com), Spaghetti, Salad, and Texas Toast. Not a perfect diet meal, but saving calories where I can and I already have it logged by serving size!

Swap up
tonight will be Meatloaf as requested by the kids and then tomorrow (Wed) will be the sheppard's pie. and KFC for thursday night dinner at my parents then the Christmas tree!

We had quite a busy weekend! Menu this week:

Saturday-
Out to eat for a church Christmas party

Sunday-
Italian "Beef" served on Hoagie Rolls (made with a venison roast)
Fries

Last Night-
Potato Cheese Soup
Cornbread

Tonight-
*our 15th Wedding Anniversary! :cool1:
Homemade Chicken Parmesean
Buttered Noodles
Caesar Salad
Garlic Toast

Wednesday-
Tuna Helper
Green Peas

Thursday-
Chili
Crackers
Summer Sausage and Cheese Tray

Will do all my Christmas grocery shopping on Friday... :scared1:

Happy Anniversary, oopsieDaisy! I just cleaned out the pantry, fridge & both freezers & wrote down what was in them:faint:. The next two weeks will be "use it up" weeks (except for Christmas:)). Last night dd was in a school play, we let her choose where to eat after, & she picked McDonalds:crazy2:.

Tonight is : crockpot chicken & dumplings, salad

Wed: scrambled eggs w/ potatoes, fruit

Thurs: ham & bean soup, cornbread

Fri: this will be baking day with the kids, dinner is salmon cakes, Mac & cheese & broccoli

Sat: traveling 3 hours for the family Christmas Eve w/ 3 kids & the puppy, & traveling home again after:scared1: Dinner is always turkey w/ all the trimmings, everyone brings various salads & desserts, & lutefisk (Swedish tradition!)
Sun: Christmas breakfast: cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs & fruit, dinner: feliz navidad casserole, lettuce/tomato, corn, & goodies.

Some changes in plans

Last night the ceiling was being done still so I made grilled cheese and tomato soup
Tonight same thing so we fended for ourselves dh had chicken fingers dd's had raman soup and I had waffles

Tomorrow is either spaghetti with jar sauce or homemade Mac and cheese and hopefully the ceiling will be finished! :cool1:

Thursday will be chicken and rice

Friday another fend for ur self night eating up the fridge to make room for Saturday!

I need to jump back on this train because we've been eating out way too much lately! DH and I are both on Christmas break so I figure it's a good time to get back into the habit of eating at home. Here's what I have planned for this week:

Monday - Roasted chicken, potatoes, and vegetables and cornbread dressing
Tuesday - Poppyseed chicken casserole (using leftover chicken) and vegetables
Wednesday - Coconut shrimp and fries
Thursday - Soft tacos and Spanish rice
Friday - Sweet and sour chicken, stir fry vegetables, and rice
Saturday - Christmas Eve party at my parents' house
Sunday - Take out Chinese (I know we're eating out, but it's our Christmas night tradition.)

Last night we had pasta: mushroom/tomato sauce on whole-wheat spaghetti with falafel meatballs (my son's idea). It was pretty good.

Tonight I made black beans, cooked in coconut milk with lime juice and chili, with chunks of mango added for the last five minutes. I served it with peach-mango salsa and a salad of romaine lettuce and clementine segments.

Tomorrow will be aloo gobi (an India dish, usually made with white potatoes and cauliflower, I use sweet potatoes, cauliflower and peas. It's very good.)

Thursday I am thinking of doing something with tempeh (because I have some in the fridge. If you haven't had it before, it's a fermented soy product). Maybe I'll crumble it and make a bean and tempeh chili with lots of vegetables.

On Thursday I'll figure out my menu for the next few days and head to the grocery store again.

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter