Elephant in the room....

Couldn’t get a full week at a standard studio at BLT for late January at 11 month window. If people are walking late January wouldnt that mean people are pretty much walking year round for a BLT standard studio? I know...I know. Nothing to see here...... maybe walking bump from SWGE? Renters?

Could it just be booked up and not be walking?

Could it just be booked up and not be walking?

I,ve tried multiple days right at 8am. Each day the last day (7) is missing. I am flexible so I,ll just book the 6 I can get and waitlist the 7th day. Not the time of year I would think to have a problem getting a full week std. studio right at 11 month mark.

I,ve tried multiple days right at 8am. Each day the last day (7) is missing. I am flexible so I,ll just book the 6 I can get and waitlist the 7th day. Not the time of year I would think to have a problem getting a full week std. studio right at 11 month mark.
If the last day(s) is missing but any days before (after or on the 11 month date) are available then this is not related to walking. Walking wouldn’t present itself of missing last days (or a whole in the middle of the 11+7 window) only, because continuous 7 nights can only be booked from 11 months forward. It presents itself as the front end missing only (even that is difficult for us to prove is walking related we only have anecdotal evidence to suggest it is). I’m sure DVC has guesses as to what time walking is common but it’s something we won’t really ever get from them.

As of right now a stay in a standard studio at BLT for the nights of January 19, 2019 to January 25, 2019 (7th night that can be booked today) all nights except the 19th are available. Walking might be happening, but since only the 19th is missing if it is it’s not that common right now for that time, IMO.

Attachments

• CD424AEE-2209-4513-8D1B-51C83F91367E.png
    CD424AEE-2209-4513-8D1B-51C83F91367E.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
If the last day(s) is missing but any days before (after or on the 11 month date) are available then this is not related to walking. Walking wouldn’t present itself of missing last days only, because continuous 7 nights can only be booked from 11 months forward. It presents itself as the front end missing only (even that is difficult for us to prove is walking related we only have anecdotal evidence to suggest it is). I’m sure DVC has guesses as to what time walking is common but it’s something we won’t really ever get from them.

As of right now a stay in a standard studio at BLT for the nights of January 19, 2019 to January 25, 2019 (7th night that can be booked today) all nights except the 19th are available. Walking might be happening, but since only the 19th is missing if it is it’s not that common right now for that time, IMO.

The 19th and 25th are missing now. I,m booking January 2020 at 11 months.
Anyway what you showed is the first day missing. Aren’t you saying that is what would look like walking? Again this is late January. Is that a usual tough time to get a standard studio at 11 months?

The 25th is available I just checked that screenshot was from minutes ago showed as such. The confusing part on the page after checking for rooms is now based on night selection not check-in/check-out dates as the prior screens. So while it shows selecting the 20th to the 25th the check-out date is the 26th.

Anyway what you showed is the first day missing. Aren’t you saying that is what would look like walking? Again this is late January. Is that a usual tough time to get a standard studio at 11 months?
The 25th isn't missing. The first night missing isn't necessarily walking, that is normal booking on the hard to get rooms. The key is if day after day following 11 months the day opens back up.

To reply to the second part, I said “walking might be happening”. I wasn’t stating I agree it was or wasn’t as it is a single day missing. I didn’t personally see what time the 19th went missing but it’s 10:30 PM so a lot of time has passed since 8 am.

I,ll just book what I can tomorrow or the next day and hope I pick up the first missing day at a later date. Or waitlist. Does look like people could be walking in late January. Not sure why people don’t think this is happening. Walking will be standard practice soon IMO. May already be....

Last edited:
It shows as available but you didn’t select your stay that long.

Caught that and tried to delete post. You guys are quick. It was the first day missing yesterday also. Not walking? I,ve seen plenty of people posting about walking 7 months also lately. Like I said becoming standard procedure right in front of our eyes. Like others have said Arms Race. They only get worst. That’s history.

Walking at seven months is useless, pointless and a waste of time. But go ahead and do it, works just great til an 11-month owner jumps in and proves it was a waste of time.

If you didn't get your room at 8 am then someone else simply beat you to it, not a result of walking.

Caught that and tried to delete post. You guys are quick. It was the first day missing yesterday also. Not walking? I,ve seen plenty of people posting about walking 7 months also lately. Like I said becoming standard procedure right in front of our eyes. Like others have said Arms Race. They only get worst. That’s history.
Glad you figured it out. Good luck in the morning to grab the days you need. Walking at 7 months is high risk especially if you are doing it without an 11 month backup. Since anyone with home resort priority can stop you easily.

Though I was refraining from discussions on the morality of walking just wanted to offer some help on your issue with the last day. But what you presented didn’t scream major walking issue to me.

Glad you figured it out. Good luck in the morning to grab the days you need. Walking at 7 months is high risk especially if you are doing it without an 11 month backup. Since anyone with home resort priority can stop you easily.

Though I was refraining from discussions on the morality of walking just wanted to offer some help on your issue with the last day. But what you presented didn’t scream major walking issue to me.

Thanks for the help.

Walking at seven months is useless, pointless and a waste of time. But go ahead and do it, works just great til an 11-month owner jumps in and proves it was a waste of time.

If you didn't get your room at 8 am then someone else simply beat you to it, not a result of walking.

Typically an owner isn't going to wait until the last minute at 7 months to book their home resort. Yes you can be blocked and it's not a sure thing like 11 months but it would still increase the odds at 7 months.

I've never tried to book a reservation spanning UYs but I would assume that you could call MS and have them do it and over the phone. From my reading you would have 2 separate reservations but I believe that MS can override the 11-month window and book the back end of the reservation for you in the new UY.
You can actually book the two reservations on the website. Say you have a June use year, and you want to book a reservation May 27 to June 5. On June 27, you can book the first half, on July 1 you can book the second half. When you check in be sure he resort knows it is a continuing reservation, and stop by on June 1 to do a quick check-in. Member Services USED to be able to book it as one reservation, using the appropriate point from each use year, but the last time I called, they did it exactly as you would have to do it online. Probably due to a software update.

I know the policy on this one :)

We do fall trip the first week of October every year. We start the Saturday prior to actual first week. Last two years that fell in September.

We have an Oct UY at BWV. If necessary I book the first night I need in September, then call MS to book the remaining reservation. They are able to complete it within the standard # of maximum days so that it is all under one reservation with no need to checkin twice via linked res.

Odd, they couldn't do that for me the last time I crossed use years. They had done it that way for prior trips. And I did have to stop by the front desk and check-in twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter