Email for Moonlight Magic @ AK?

Based on what I read in the MK moonlight magic threads, the system will NOT recognize a non-DVC reservation, and will NOT email the link. But anyone with an on-site reservation is eligible to book starting tomorrow.

I have a two night DVC stay at Boardwalk, followed by an RCI exchange into Saratoga Springs in mid-March. Our moonlight magic night falls into the SSR portion of the trip, so I'm fully expecting to have to call to make my reservation, and probably explain to the CM *why* I had to call (since some were being told that they must use the invitation-only link for the MK event). Unless, of course, they've fixed this. But I'm not hopeful.

Sounds like we have an exchange the same time as you. When I was adding names to my reservation, I asked about this since it's through RCI not DVC. The rep I talked to seemed to think since the RCI reservation is through DVC and not through Disney reservations, that if the same issues exist that affected the MK bookings for onsite non-DVC, that it would not affect us since we're technically booked through DVC. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course trying to book right at 9:00 actually means clicking the button at 9:00 and then watching the spinning wheel of uncertainty for 30 minutes as Disney IT determines whether or not your submission will be accepted or booted back to start over again.
Can’t wait. Sounds like more fun than Ellen’s Energy Adventure ever was.

It is just crazy they cannot simplify their process for things such as this. Well, we will figure it with the masses come Thursday morning!

Offering the events and using the events as a sales inducement seems more important than fixing the sign up process.

:earsboy: Bill

Offering the events and using the events as a sales inducement seems more important than fixing the sign up process.

:earsboy: Bill
I’m so glad our guide didn’t use that method against us. Others have definitely tried.

Sign into your dvc account. Click on the plan a vacation button in the left drop down. Click on event calendar. Scroll over to your date and click on it. Once the link is live tomorrow, it should be in blue there - I'm logging in to reserve for the May 16 event myself :)
Sounds like a plan!!!

Would anyone in this thread that is going to the 3/19 or 5/16 parties be willing to help me out? I am taking my BF to WDW in March for the first time since he was a kid and we will be there for the AK Moonlight Magic event on 3/19. However, my parents will also be in WDW in May for their 40th anniversary and will be there for the AK Moonlight Magic event on 5/16. Since we are all one DVC membership, each membership can attend only one event at each park. It is just luck that the Member Magic event is in the same park, not two different parks. Neither of us have been to Pandora yet and likely won't be back for several years. Since you can add 5 guests to your reservation, if anyone would be willing to add 2 people to their reservation, we would be eternally grateful.

Would anyone in this thread that is going to the 3/19 or 5/16 parties be willing to help me out? I am taking my BF to WDW in March for the first time since he was a kid and we will be there for the AK Moonlight Magic event on 3/19. However, my parents will also be in WDW in May for their 40th anniversary and will be there for the AK Moonlight Magic event on 5/16. Since we are all one DVC membership, each membership can attend only one event at each park. It is just luck that the Member Magic event is in the same park, not two different parks. Neither of us have been to Pandora yet and likely won't be back for several years. Since you can add 5 guests to your reservation, if anyone would be willing to add 2 people to their reservation, we would be eternally grateful.
Are you Mary's daughter? We've already connected and I'm adding them as guests - I'm going on 5/16.

I just received an email for tomorrow’s sign up for AK! Maybe this is a good omen. Perhaps the system will work great for all of us tomorrow. Here’s hoping!

I just received an email for tomorrow’s sign up for AK! Maybe this is a good omen. Perhaps the system will work great for all of us tomorrow. Here’s hoping!
Just checked - no email for me yet.

I just received an email too, hopeful that the sign up will go better than the MK one.

could you post the link? I want to see if t brings me to the same place I would go to on the DVC member site ....

I received the email 30 minutes ago. Went to my Spam folder as all my DVC email does - someday I should probably change that! :laughing:

I have a two night DVC stay at Boardwalk, followed by an RCI exchange into Saratoga Springs in mid-March. Our moonlight magic night falls into the SSR portion of the trip, so I'm fully expecting to have to call to make my reservation, and probably explain to the CM *why* I had to call (since some were being told that they must use the invitation-only link for the MK event). Unless, of course, they've fixed this. But I'm not hopeful.[/QUOTE]

Mab2012, I had an RCI exchange during the MK event and it wasn't considered an on-site reservation. I think because no money was actually paid (to Disney) for the reservation. I had to call when it opened for off-site members and even then they made a big deal about making an "exception," which it wasn't. It did work out okay and we got to go -fantastic by the way, so it should for you as well. You might have to call though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter