Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

We all know a major revamp is just around the corner for future world, but that still raises multiple questions. Well today, WDWNT is reporting they have leaked the all new future world layout:
https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent...e-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/
Not a fan of this at all. Of course everything is speculation and WDWNT loves to through stuff at the wall until it sticks, but personally none of these buildings with the placements would make sense. Love to know what you guys think and continue the discussion below

We all know a major revamp is just around the corner for future world, but that still raises multiple questions. Well today, WDWNT is reporting they have leaked the all new future world layout:
https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent...e-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/
Not a fan of this at all. Of course everything is speculation and WDWNT loves to through stuff at the wall until it sticks, but personally none of these buildings with the placements would make sense. Love to know what you guys think and continue the discussion below
This is a bit more than speculation.

Not from Disney but several sources say it’s happening.
It may be just because of the yellow blobs, but I’m not exactly fond of the placement. Also, I’m not sure about the buildings themselves, probably need more details to get me on board

It may be just because of the yellow blobs, but I’m not exactly fond of the placement. Also, I’m not sure about the buildings themselves, probably need more details to get me on board
Other sources say placement in the WDWNT is off a bit but the things inside those buildings or areas are correct.

Other sources say placement in the WDWNT is off a bit but the things inside those buildings or areas are correct.
I have been reading about these changes but didn't realize the fountain would be affected. Are they really going to remove the fountain?? It's such a big part of future world...at least for us. Like the other changes though.

I have been reading about these changes but didn't realize the fountain would be affected. Are they really going to remove the fountain?? It's such a big part of future world...at least for us. Like the other changes though.
According to these plans yes.

My thoughts: We're soon approaching a Future World area that's 40 years old, design-wise. Yes, there have been many changes, but other than the Beer Garden which I think is entirely un-necessary, things might be good for a change. We know Innoventions has been practically dead for several years and more things were going into those buildings, like Starbucks and meet and greets and mostly empty space.

I'm going to wait to see more details regarding this, but I'm prepared to let the rest of the "old" Future World go as much of it hasn't felt the same since the mid 90's

I'll be sad to lose Club Cool and those truly bizarre tiled bathrooms, but I guess that's the price of a Main Street Future USA other people will actually enjoy. Fingers crossed it's a pleasant, shady, green space that is a joy to spend time in.

Welcome to Festcot!

I am actually okay with some of this, I love the idea of the water walkway that is Moana based going to Seas. I love the idea of a clear short cut to GotG so you don't have to go through the central area if you don't want. I love the idea of more green and a garden area to relax and enjoy in.

But a Beer Garden in the middle of Epcot and more festival area central to park? I just don't get it.

So, I believe we can all agree now that FW is dead. I wonder if now they will split FW into more of a theme type area? On the one side you will have GotG, Pixar Play planet(my name so don't panic ;) in WoL) and Space and Test Track. On the other you will have Seas, Land, Imagination. I suppose you could do some space or future them on the TT and GotG side. But I wonder what happens to Imagination in this new set up.

Losing the breezeways between innoventions west and east will certainly make the FW hub more open and aesthetically pleasing, but those are definitely nice places to take shelter in a sudden downpour.

Welcome to Festcot!

I am actually okay with some of this, I love the idea of the water walkway that is Moana based going to Seas.

Where are you seeing Moana in this? Don't get me wrong, I want you to be right. I just hadn't seen that detail.

Where are you seeing Moana in this? Don't get me wrong, I want you to be right. I just hadn't seen that detail.

I think they are basing it off the name Trail Journey of Water and are guessing it should read Trial Journey of Water as Trail Journey of Water doesn't make much sense.

So, I believe we can all agree now that FW is dead. I wonder if now they will split FW into more of a theme type area? On the one side you will have GotG, Pixar Play planet(my name so don't panic ;) in WoL) and Space and Test Track. On the other you will have Seas, Land, Imagination. I suppose you could do some space or future them on the TT and GotG side. But I wonder what happens to Imagination in this new set up.

Yeah... good question. There's still (fortunately) some educational aspects in some of the pavilions, like Living Seas and Living with the Land, but then there's space stuff... I'm struggling to think of a fun name that would encapsulate all of that into an over-arching theme. You've got "World Showcase"... and "Exploration Showcase"?

What throws me off is it looses the symmetry Epcot currently has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter