Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

I see a playground, a nice garden area and a mystery building. I see nothing to get excited about YET.

I also wonder what the premise of Epcot is. Has that ever been mentioned?

I don't think they have said explicitly - beyond at D23 that they want EPCOT to be “more timeless, more relevant, more family friendly and more Disney.”

Looks and sounds neat. I like they are keeping the pavilion concept (yet oddly at the same time one pavilion is going away (in the GoG coaster).

The pavilions were always fun and neat -- I mean my kids like the Play areas they have at the exit of Test Track,Spaceship Earth and Journey into Imagination almost more than the rides themselves. (Even though they pale in comparison what they were back in the 80s)

They just dont keep them up very well.

Does all this mean we will finally find out what happened to Buzzy?? (I kid)

Seriously though, this play area sounds like the perfect addition to Epcot for littles and families!

WOL looks like a cool concept. Make the food and Bev exciting enough, it'll give the kids a place to play while the adults can sit and have a adult beverage and know the kids will be contained and entertained.

Sounds like maybe Odyssey will become the sort of flex space they need for f&w festival center, but maybe something else is getting built. This a good start.

Is the hotel at the front of Epcot still in play?

WOL looks like a cool concept. Make the food and Bev exciting enough, it'll give the kids a place to play while the adults can sit and have a adult beverage and know the kids will be contained and entertained.

Sounds like maybe Odyssey will become the sort of flex space they need for f&w festival center, but maybe something else is getting built. This a good start.

Is the hotel at the front of Epcot still in play?
Doesn’t look like it, multiple insiders have all said it’s dead, at least in the main entrance form.

Looks like Edna Mode in that one concept drawing, but it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the drawing.

To be 100% clear, despite the mystery of what it might be, and how big or small the budget might be......I'm very happy they are doing something/anything.

I expect it will be a bit of logistic nightmare for the front of the park, but I'm excited to see what they do with it.

So glad to see greenery coming back to the entrance plaza, and what looks to be an homage to the original fountain.

Wow, I really love the new design on the entrance. It always really bugged me they took the statue out and just left the base there. I really disliked the tombstones also, not because of the idea but the aesthetics. Love that they are going back to a green entrance. Very nice, gets a 200% from me.

As for the new play pavilion, I'm just so glad they are finally doing something even if the idea is rather basic. Hopefully they'll really plus it up.

Honestly the whole playground thing doesn’t excite me too much. It’s possible I’m not entirely wrapping my head around the concept but with kids who are teenagers I wonder if this will have little to any impact on our trip. Of course we will check it out but I wonder when they say children how young they are talking. Clearly playground is typically referring to younger kids and they said no real attractions so my curiosity is there.

I realize I may have just babbled incoherently but again, just having difficulty wrapping my head around the whole new pavilion and how “unique” a children’s playground could really be

Honestly the whole playground thing doesn’t excite me too much. It’s possible I’m not entirely wrapping my head around the concept but with kids who are teenagers I wonder if this will have little to any impact on our trip. Of course we will check it out but I wonder when they say children how young they are talking. Clearly playground is typically referring to younger kids and they said no real attractions so my curiosity is there.

I realize I may have just babbled incoherently but again, just having difficulty wrapping my head around the whole new pavilion and how “unique” a children’s playground could really be
I’d say the play space is more interactive and entertainment type experiences.

Sounds cool to me. I like the render. I always love when inside looks like outside with buildings and such. It could be a really neat area.

Being realistic, the inside of WOL is not THAT big. I think character interactions, bathrooms, quick service food, and theater in the road, and small interactive games similar to some of the newer ride queues.

That building used to house two attractions. What’s seen in the festival center is not strictly all the space available.
Yeah but I think you'll see much of that space gobbled up by kitchen space(depending on F&B, and meet and greet rooms). I doubt the guest will see much beyond the main dome.
Any idea if the space in the back off the dome is more than one level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter