Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

Yeah but I think you'll see much of that space gobbled up by kitchen space(depending on F&B, and meet and greet rooms). I doubt the guest will see much beyond the main dome.
Any idea if the space in the back off the dome is more than one level?
I’m not expecting a major sit down or quick service in this space. More smaller things like when it’s used as a festival center.

I don’t believe the other space are more than one level for the guest space unless they change that in the new venue.

I think the pavilion will be a hit, the main thing will be; will they continually update it with new tech and/or make sure it's kept ship shape? The meet & greet's will be able to be rotated easily as well as any F&B offerings.

Lets not forget the sizable structures off the back of the WoL. It's plenty big.

wonders-of-life-roof-resurfacing-aerial-1-800x450.jpg

Honestly the whole playground thing doesn’t excite me too much. It’s possible I’m not entirely wrapping my head around the concept but with kids who are teenagers I wonder if this will have little to any impact on our trip. Of course we will check it out but I wonder when they say children how young they are talking. Clearly playground is typically referring to younger kids and they said no real attractions so my curiosity is there.

I realize I may have just babbled incoherently but again, just having difficulty wrapping my head around the whole new pavilion and how “unique” a children’s playground could really be

I think about it this way, even if it's not great for you or your family, it will spread out the crowds a bit which we can all appreciate.

Do we know when construction will begin? We are going in early 2020 - January or February - will it be a mess during our trip?

WOL feels like a consolidation of a lot of things, that they put in all the other buildings to look like they weren't sitting empty. They did a bunch of stop gap stuff, and I think WOL gets all the good concepts that were worth keeping. You then tear down the dilapidated structures and start over moving down the spine. Most of the architecture is pretty cool, but innoventions is bland. I think you eliminate both innoventions buildings eventually. If you do that you improve the flow to both sides of future world. You just have to figure out a way to replace the services in those buildings. So you need a good quick service, a gift shop and you'd be good to go. One of those cases where subtraction might be a benefit.

Right. My kids are 2 and 5 and will probably go nuts for this area. They also love the Flower and Garden temp playground that they set up.

My one and only will be about 14 or 15 (lord help me) so I'm seeing it as a nice spot for me to chill out inside. I can see him wanting to check it out if it has a lot of interactive stuff or to meet a character from a movie that he likes. But who knows he might not even want to go to Disney World at all by that age :rotfl:

Honestly the whole playground thing doesn’t excite me too much. It’s possible I’m not entirely wrapping my head around the concept but with kids who are teenagers I wonder if this will have little to any impact on our trip. Of course we will check it out but I wonder when they say children how young they are talking. Clearly playground is typically referring to younger kids and they said no real attractions so my curiosity is there.

I realize I may have just babbled incoherently but again, just having difficulty wrapping my head around the whole new pavilion and how “unique” a children’s playground could really be

I think this area will be a good counterpoint to the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster and Space Restaurant. Guardians will have a height restriction, and the Space Restaurant will likely be more interesting to older kids/teens/adults. A play pavilion will be perfect for younger families, or parents that need somewhere to go with their littles while their spouse or older children are riding Guardians.

So, while not particularly applicable to families with teens or adult visitors, it seems like a much needed offering for a segment of guests that often gets overlooked at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter