Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

I really just don't understand how fountain of nation's could ever be out of place, regardless of what is put around it. Hopefully they release some real details at D23, but so far it just seems like they are turning it into the world's largest bar with the highest cover charge. And we all know Walt always wanted to build a park people could get drunk at.

Completely agree. My hope is that there's at least a new fountain. When you think of Future World icons, you think Spaceship Earth and the Fountain of Nations.

I might have missed something, but was there news about a new bar? Or are you just talking about Epcot (really World Showcase) as a whole?

Completely agree. My hope is that there's at least a new fountain. When you think of Future World icons, you think Spaceship Earth and the Fountain of Nations.

I might have missed something, but was there news about a new bar? Or are you just talking about Epcot (really World Showcase) as a whole?
There was a rumor a while back that the Fountain was going to be replaced with a beer garden. But I was implying that it seems that the whole place is just becoming a giant bar.

There was a rumor a while back that the Fountain was going to be replaced with a beer garden. But I was implying that it seems that the whole place is just becoming a giant bar.

Wow... wow.

I hope to God that isn't true.

In the artists renderings, you can see a new fountain in front of Spaceship Earth... So hopefully it will be reimagined there!

In the artists renderings, you can see a new fountain in front of Spaceship Earth... So hopefully it will be reimagined there!

Yes you're right, good point. But it seems small, similar to the fountain that was there when the park opened.

Let's get two fountains!

Yes you're right, good point. But it seems small, similar to the fountain that was there when the park opened.

Let's get two fountains!
I wonder if this is just the original small fountain that has been there since Epcot opened?

In the artist renderings of the new Epcot, it shows a fountain in front of Spaceship Earth. Hopefully it'll be similar!

Will it dance? I'm hoping. I would sit for at least an hour at Christmas time at night, with the colors and the water cannons shooting water up 50 ft (no idea, just really high) and the music......wonderful feeling.

I’m so so sad about Fountain of Nations. The changes to Future World are exciting, but I’m really sad about this. It’ll be tough to not be salty about whatever takes its place. The Rocketeer theme doesn’t remind me of The Rocketeer ... it reminds me of Fountain of Nations. It’ll be gone by the time we go. I wish I could have said goodbye.

Fountain of Nations is just such a cool part of Epcot history. I love that on Epcot’s opening day, representatives from different countries brought water from home and added it to the fountain to symbolize different nations coming together. Such a cool, symbolic, meaningful part of Epcot.

I’m so sad to see this go.

I wonder if this is just the original small fountain that has been there since Epcot opened?

It looks to be similar to the fountain that has been there since the start. I'm hoping that part in the center is a reimagined prism statue to honor what used to be there. From the rendering, I can't tell if there is a water spout in the center of the fountain or if it's the prism statue.

epcot-entrance-reimagined-concept-art-disney-world.jpg

I wrote to disney asking about the fountain. This is their reply.....

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

At this time it has not been advised if there will be another dancing fountain. Please keep a look on the website for new happenings that will be coming to the park.

I’m so so sad about Fountain of Nations. The changes to Future World are exciting, but I’m really sad about this. It’ll be tough to not be salty about whatever takes its place. The Rocketeer theme doesn’t remind me of The Rocketeer ... it reminds me of Fountain of Nations. It’ll be gone by the time we go. I wish I could have said goodbye.

Fountain of Nations is just such a cool part of Epcot history. I love that on Epcot’s opening day, representatives from different countries brought water from home and added it to the fountain to symbolize different nations coming together. Such a cool, symbolic, meaningful part of Epcot.

I’m so sad to see this go.

Yeah, I so wish they would have waited until after Christmas. Maybe I was under a rock, but the fountain going away just seemed to appear. With what 3 months notice at the most? Other projects seem to be announce years in advance.

I've been keeping up to date with d23 and described the breaking news of the new Moana water attraction / feature to my mum this morning.
"So, it's a Splash pad?'
😂😂😂😂😂
But maybe she is right,!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter