Epcot Swap Interest Thread

ckmom97

DIS Veteran
Okay ladies, it’s time for the 2012 edition of the Epcot swap. This will be my first time hosting, so I’m counting on all of you to provide lots of great ideas and assistance! Sign ups will be Sept 25 thru Sept 27. I’m flexible on the due date. We could set it for mid Dec (so you would have your goodies back before the holidays) or we could extend it to the first of Jan (so you can work on your pieces during the holiday break). I would like for everything to postal back to you before mid Jan when my kiddos academic tournaments get started.

I’m thinking we will have single element groups for each ride/pavilion in Future World. I could set up the groups like Rachel did for the DL swap where you would pick from titles, photo mats, p/p, tags/twinchies, etc. This would give us a mini kit for each group. For the World Showcase, we could do the same, or we could each make a mini kit for 1 or 2 countries.

Okay – here are my questions for you:

Which due date works best for you?

Do you prefer single elements or mini kits for the WS pavilions?

How about restaurant groups?

And 2" letters?

And special events -- holidays, food & wine, flowers & gardens?

I was thinking that a WS hatpin group would be fun. Anyone interested?

Any other ideas, suggestions, or comments?

Here's a list of potential groups. Please let me know if you can think of any additions or changes.

Single Element Groups:

Group 1 -- Epcot -- general
Group 2 -- Future World -- general
Group 3 -- World Showcase -- general
Group 4 -- Spaceship Earth
Group 5 -- Soarin’
Group 6 -- Mission Space
Group 7 -- Test Track
Group 8 -- Innoventions
Group 9 -- Character Spot
Group 10 -- Illuminations
Group 11 -- The Land
Group 12 -- Imagination!
Group 13 -- The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends
Group 14 -- Canada
Group 15 -- UK
Group 16 -- France
Group 17 -- Morocco
Group 18 -- Japan
Group 19 -- United States
Group 20 -- Italy
Group 21 -- Germany
Group 22 -- China
Group 23 -- Norway
Group 24 -- Mexico
Group 25 -- World Showcase Santas
Group 26 -- Club Cool
Group 27 -- Flower & Garden Festival
Group 28 -- Food & Wine Festival
Group 30 -- Candlelight Processional

2” Letter Groups

Group A -- Epcot
Group B -- Future World
Group C -- World Showcase
Group D -- Spaceship Earth
Group E -- Soarin’
Group F -- Mission Space
Group G -- Test Track
Group H -- Innoventions
Group I -- Character Spot
Group J -- Illuminations
Group K -- The Seas
Group L -- Imagination!
Group M -- The Land
Group N -- Canada
Group O -- United Kingdom
Group P -- France
Group Q -- Morocco
Group R -- Japan
Group S -- American Adventure
Group T -- Italy
Group U -- Germany
Group V -- China
Group W -- Norway
Group X -- Mexico
Group Y -- Club Cool

It just love the park swaps. They are Definately my favorite. I am for sure.

I am flexible on the due date I think this will be the only swap I will be working on at the time. I would think after the first of the year would be best because the holidays can be busy for a lot of people.

Personally I prefer the single elements. Also, I like having more people in a group then just four like the DCA/DL swap was done. I like lots of elements to work with.

We eat quick service at Disney so I don't have an input on the restaurants groups. Same with hat pins, although I love them I wouldn't participate in that group.

Do you plan on doing 2" letter groups also?
I'm really excited for this swap. EPCOT is my favorite park!

It just love the park swaps. They are Definately my favorite. I am for sure.

I am flexible on the due date I think this will be the only swap I will be working on at the time. I would think after the first of the year would be best because the holidays can be busy for a lot of people.

Personally I prefer the single elements. Also, I like having more people in a group then just four like the DCA/DL swap was done. I like lots of elements to work with.

We eat quick service at Disney so I don't have an input on the restaurants groups. Same with hat pins, although I love them I wouldn't participate in that group.

Do you plan on doing 2" letter groups also?
I'm really excited for this swap. EPCOT is my favorite park!

Yea!! I'm so glad you will be joining!! I was thinking 5 or 6 swappers per single element group. Maybe having titles, mats, p/p, small embellishments (twinchies, paperclips, icons, etc), and larger embellies (tags, borders, banners, jb, etc.). I think we will need the larger groups. It seems like we have more WDW swappers than DL. What do you guys think?

We can certainly add the 2" letter groups. I was thinking we had already had a letter swap for Epcot this year, but when I checked, it was the park/icon swap I had in mind. I'll add these to the op.

Thanks for the input!!

I will be in for this too! love the single element idea for the countries and other areas.

if possible could you add a holiday group too? maybe the different santa's around the world.

probably wouldn't do the hat pins...still have a bunch to use from before...maybe the 2" letters

good with whatever dates you pick!

I will be in for this too! love the single element idea for the countries and other areas.

if possible could you add a holiday group too? maybe the different santa's around the world.

probably wouldn't do the hat pins...still have a bunch to use from before...maybe the 2" letters

good with whatever dates you pick!

I can add a holiday group, but you will have to help me out on this one since we only go during the summer. Do they have both Halloween and Christmas decorations/activities at Epcot? That reminds me don't they also have a special flowers and gardens and food and wine festivals? I'll add these to the op. Thanks for the input Lisa!!

I can add a holiday group, but you will have to help me out on this one since we only go during the summer. Do they have both Halloween and Christmas decorations/activities at Epcot? That reminds me don't they also have a special flowers and gardens and food and wine festivals? I'll add these to the op. Thanks for the input Lisa!!

yes there is the food and wine....flower & garden...halloween I don't remember seeing too much when we went since it was during food and wine....never been during xmas, just know they have the santa's in the different countries....didn't Cheryl host the last epcot swap, she might have some other ideas...or if you can locate the last swap that will help too!

edit....looked back at the 2011 swap calendar and PN96 hosted the epcot elements and wdwmickey hosted the event swap which had the extras at epcot....still looking for links

edit again....found these

event swap - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752315

epcot elements swap - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2706087

hope they will help!

I'm probably in for the World Showcase countries and maybe a couple other groups. January due date would be much better for me. It would give me the Christmas break to finish up and put everything together. I would just join fewer groups if the due date is in December.

I prefer the small kits, but would do single pieces if that's what you decide. The small kits just give a continuity to pages when everything matches, but then again, I'm a bit obsessive about my scrap style. It sometimes takes me a whole weekend just to get a two-page layout done. :rotfl2: Wow, I can't believe I said that out loud :blush:

Yea!! Glad you are planning to join! Sounds like a January due date might be better for everyone. I'll put down your vote for mini kits. I love how they come together on my pages, but I also like joining single attraction groups so I only get pieces that I know I can use.

You aren't the only one who obsesses over layouts. I'm so slow I know that I'll never be caught up.

Would love to join in. This will be my second swap. I like the World Showcase idea. I could come up with a lot of ideas.

PrincessinTexas said:
Would love to join in. This will be my second swap. I like the World Showcase idea. I could come up with a lot of ideas.

Yea!! Do you have a preference on single elements vs. mini kits on the WS groups?

I'm not planning on playing this time around. I have a 12x12 iris box overflowing with EPCOT swap items. But, if you need any help with the set-up or "holes filled" I'll be happy to jump in. Feel free to list me as an "angel".

I was going to sit this one out, but if you do a santa group I will be in for that one. :)

I'm hoping we have enough interest for a santa group. We never visit during the holidays, so I won't be joining that one, but I'd love to see what everyone else comes up with. One of these days after the kids are all grown, dh and I are going to spend the first week in Dec with the Mouse!!

I'm not planning on playing this time around. I have a 12x12 iris box overflowing with EPCOT swap items. But, if you need any help with the set-up or "holes filled" I'll be happy to jump in. Feel free to list me as an "angel".

Wow! That's a lot of pieces!! Maybe you should schedule more trips to WDW so you can use your stash. ;) Thanks for the offer to help!

Wow! That's a lot of pieces!! Maybe you should schedule more trips to WDW so you can use your stash. ;) Thanks for the offer to help!

No what I really need to do is scrap the 3 WDW trips that I haven't scrapped yet. That way I can use up almost all of my stash ;)

Sheila, think there will be enough swappers for holiday groups since there are a few of us planning on going next year at Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter