Epcot...two ADRs....is this wise?

We only have one Epcot day. On this day we have two ADRs, one at Akershus and the other at Coral Reef. (I have read the reviews on CR and heard that they aren't fantastic, but DD really wants to go there.). My question is, with two ADRs on our only Epcot day, does that leave enough time to tour the rest of Epcot? Should I cancel an ADR to have more touring time? Is Epcot need that amount of touring time? Thanks for any advice in advance. I haven't been to Disney in about twenty two years, so I'm not sure what to expect.

We did two ADRs on our January trip in 2017. We had preopen Akershus breakfast, nabbed a late "lunch" in snack form (Cronuts when we finished World Showcase) around 3 PM, then had a late dinner ADR at Garden Grill. Both were must-dos and we only had one Epcot day. It worked well for us, but they were NOT hungry during the day at all. We split just 2 Cronuts between 4 of us. They ate well at Akershus and Garden Grill though. We got out of Garden Grill right on time for IllumiNations, but we slipped into Epcot Character Spot to meet Baymax and Inside Out while the lines were short.

We normally only do one ADR a day, but I don't see two as impossible. My only problem would be the lateness of the dinner with young kids. But you know your group.

As for Illuminations, I liked it fine, but I wouldn't cancel someone's "must do" to see it. My family doesn't usually stay for it, just because we're tired after a long day at Epcot.

I don't normally read trip reports, but the oldie below is a must-read! First, it is very funny. Second, it is full of love (and tears!) Mostly though, it is enlightening! The way this family tours is VERY different from how we tour, and that's okay.

I've talked to many folks about WDW, and mostly, well everyone has different ideas and approaches and preferences.

If you don't want to read any park spoilers, it starts with their travel and hotel arrival, and that in itself is enough to give you an idea of the family dynamics.

Just keep in mind that it is a few years old, so much has changed. Like Disney Springs was called Downtown Disney (DTD).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-for-a-week-trip-report-now-complete.1872155/

I don't normally read trip reports, but the oldie below is a must-read! First, it is very funny. Second, it is full of love (and tears!) Mostly though, it is enlightening! The way this family tours is VERY different from how we tour, and that's okay.

I've talked to many folks about WDW, and mostly, well everyone has different ideas and approaches and preferences.

If you don't want to read any park spoilers, it starts with their travel and hotel arrival, and that in itself is enough to give you an idea of the family dynamics.

Just keep in mind that it is a few years old, so much has changed. Like Disney Springs was called Downtown Disney (DTD).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-for-a-week-trip-report-now-complete.1872155/

Thanks. I like some trip reviews and some seem to drag on. I can't wait to check this one out.

Wow, this thread got long! I've only skimmed over it.

The maps on easywdw are my FAVORITE Disney maps. USE THEM. I always print them and bring them, because they are MUCH more user friendly than the maps you get at the parks, where everything is labeled with a number instead of what it is.

I think letting each kid pick an ADR is an awesome way to handle things. Use the reservation finder on Touring Plans and keep looking for an earlier Coral Reef reservation. I think 8:30 is too late period with little kids, regardless of Illuminations. You probably wouldn't even get seated till 9:00. You will eventually find an earlier one. (Maybe even try searching for a party of 8? They won't bat an eye if you show up with only seven people.) Don't worry about where you'll sit at Coral Reef. We have never been able to sit at the glass, and my kids still think it's awesome.

Akershus and CRT are both princess meals, so I probably wouldn't do both. If you're on DDP, then Akershus is a much better use of credits than CRT breakfast, but if you're paying out of pocket, I'd say CRT all the way. I'd say CRT all the way regardless, actually. There is something so special about eating in the castle. I think everyone would enjoy it-- even the ten year old boy.

Obviously there are varied opinions on everything regarding WDW, but if you miss Illuminations, so what? I've been four times and never seen it in its entirety. My husband hates the night time show crowds, so we have never done Fantasmic, Star Wars, or RoL either. Gasp. For first timers, I'd say make a special effort for HEA. It's spectacular. But you can't do everything. People will tell you that you can't skip this or that. But you can. There is no one thing that you HAVE to do at WDW. (But I still think you should move your CR ADR earlier.) :p

Personally I would not have either of those ADRs, but that is a personal preference. However, there is so much to do at Epcot that with the amount of time ADRs take, it could be difficult to fit it all in. I always have an ADR at Epcot because there are so many excellent restaurants, and so many I want to try one day. That is worth the time, but two??? I think I would cancel the lunch one, whichever that one happens to be. CS doesn't slow the touring down as much. A late dinner leading into Illuminations is a good way to end an Epcot day IMO.

Without reading others responses, I personally would never get two ADRs in one day. TS meals (even with reservations) take a long time . .probably an hour minimum to 90 minutes. Considering the parks are usually open 12 hours on average, I wouldn't "waste" 2-3 of my hours eating a long meal.

Besides two TS meals is way too much food on a day I want to be walking around and going on rides.

Wow, this thread got long! I've only skimmed over it.

The maps on easywdw are my FAVORITE Disney maps. USE THEM. I always print them and bring them, because they are MUCH more user friendly than the maps you get at the parks, where everything is labeled with a number instead of what it is.

I think letting each kid pick an ADR is an awesome way to handle things. Use the reservation finder on Touring Plans and keep looking for an earlier Coral Reef reservation. I think 8:30 is too late period with little kids, regardless of Illuminations. You probably wouldn't even get seated till 9:00. You will eventually find an earlier one. (Maybe even try searching for a party of 8? They won't bat an eye if you show up with only seven people.) Don't worry about where you'll sit at Coral Reef. We have never been able to sit at the glass, and my kids still think it's awesome.

Akershus and CRT are both princess meals, so I probably wouldn't do both. If you're on DDP, then Akershus is a much better use of credits than CRT breakfast, but if you're paying out of pocket, I'd say CRT all the way. I'd say CRT all the way regardless, actually. There is something so special about eating in the castle. I think everyone would enjoy it-- even the ten year old boy.

Obviously there are varied opinions on everything regarding WDW, but if you miss Illuminations, so what? I've been four times and never seen it in its entirety. My husband hates the night time show crowds, so we have never done Fantasmic, Star Wars, or RoL either. Gasp. For first timers, I'd say make a special effort for HEA. It's spectacular. But you can't do everything. People will tell you that you can't skip this or that. But you can. There is no one thing that you HAVE to do at WDW. (But I still think you should move your CR ADR earlier.) :p

Thank you. We are weighing heavily on cancelling the princess meals and just trying to get a FP for Anna and Elsa. And we don't, then we don't. She doesn't know that she could possibly meet Anna and Elsa, so she won't be disappointed. Plus it's Disney. I know they will just be thrilled to be there.

Personally I would not have either of those ADRs, but that is a personal preference. However, there is so much to do at Epcot that with the amount of time ADRs take, it could be difficult to fit it all in. I always have an ADR at Epcot because there are so many excellent restaurants, and so many I want to try one day. That is worth the time, but two??? I think I would cancel the lunch one, whichever that one happens to be. CS doesn't slow the touring down as much. A late dinner leading into Illuminations is a good way to end an Epcot day IMO.

Which ADRs are worth it in your opinion? We have four park days and are skipping HS. So we potentially have an open park day. We are more than likely doing MK on the open park day, but it depends which Park the kids love more.

Without reading others responses, I personally would never get two ADRs in one day. TS meals (even with reservations) take a long time . .probably an hour minimum to 90 minutes. Considering the parks are usually open 12 hours on average, I wouldn't "waste" 2-3 of my hours eating a long meal.

Besides two TS meals is way too much food on a day I want to be walking around and going on rides.
Thank you so much. We are def foodies though and that is alot of the experience for us as well.

Thank you. We are weighing heavily on cancelling the princess meals and just trying to get a FP for Anna and Elsa. And we don't, then we don't. She doesn't know that she could possibly meet Anna and Elsa, so she won't be disappointed. Plus it's Disney. I know they will just be thrilled to be there.
You can't get a FP for Anna and Elsa. They meet in Norway and generally don't have a long wait.

I'm sure you'll all have a great trip!

We have eaten at Coral Reef about 5 times and have always enjoyed our meals. Generally speaking, it's easier to get a lunch reservation there than dinner. Try using the dining reservation finder on touringplans.com for a lunch reservation, or possibly an earlier dinner reservation. You can find the link here: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder. Then you can wait standby to see Anna and Elsa and you'll be able to see Illuminations as well. We don't always stay for Illuminations, but I would recommend that you see it as a first-timer.

We have eaten at Coral Reef about 5 times and have always enjoyed our meals. Generally speaking, it's easier to get a lunch reservation there than dinner. Try using the dining reservation finder on touringplans.com for a lunch reservation, or possibly an earlier dinner reservation. You can find the link here: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder. Then you can wait standby to see Anna and Elsa and you'll be able to see Illuminations as well. We don't always stay for Illuminations, but I would recommend that you see it as a first-timer.

Thanks. I will def check out the reservation finder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter