Epcot...two ADRs....is this wise?

Dumbo777

DIS Veteran
We only have one Epcot day. On this day we have two ADRs, one at Akershus and the other at Coral Reef. (I have read the reviews on CR and heard that they aren't fantastic, but DD really wants to go there.). My question is, with two ADRs on our only Epcot day, does that leave enough time to tour the rest of Epcot? Should I cancel an ADR to have more touring time? Is Epcot need that amount of touring time? Thanks for any advice in advance. I haven't been to Disney in about twenty two years, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Some of the best quick service food can be found in Epcot. I'd personally cancel one of yours and give yourself a chance to snack around the world showcase. There's some good stuff there! And yes, it's a big park with a lot to see and do. I would maximize touring time if you think you can.

If the attraction for your daughter is the aquarium, remember that she can have a similar experience with the Nemo ride and the Seas pavilion. You may not need the restaurant to accomplish a similar goal.

I have had excellent food at coral reef and I have had food that was just ok. It is, however, a very cool experience. I have done two sit down ADRs in one day on numerous occasions. If you are going to be in the park all day, it is a nice chance to relax for a bit. How old is your DD? Depending on interest, WS can take anywhere from an hour to half a day. It just depends on how interested that your family is.

Sort of torn on my answer to this. A lot would depend on what time your reservations are for, if EMH are going on that day and if you're getting there at rope drop or taking your time getting there. Also, is touring around the countries a must do or are you looking more for rides? Since you haven't been in 20+ years, you may want the extra time to see some of the sights.

Me personally, the only countries in the world showcase that I really spend time at are Japan, Norway, and Mexico and that's mainly because of the rides and pick a pearl so I could probably see everything I wanted to see in Epcot in one day with two ADRs. But if you're wanting more time to tour, I'd probably cancel one depending on which you'd like more, spending time with the Princesses or eating with the fish. Personally, I'd cancel the Coral Reef but that's just me.

When are your ADRs? I think that could work, but I'd do a late breakfast at Akerhus and an early dinner at Coral Reef, with plans to do some snacking. I'd do a little touring in FW, then Akershus and WS, then back to FW in the evening. FW is not crowded in the evening-- everything but Soarin' and Test Track is pretty much a walk on.
I've never eaten at Akershus, but my kids love Coral Reef. I think it's fine-- not bad, but not great. But my kids LOVE eating with the aquarium there. It somehow is much more fun than just looking at the aquarium from The Seas.
Usually I don't like to RD TT, but I'd RD TT, do Mission Space and Spaceship Earth, then FP FEA and do Akershus (or vice versa.) Then I'd look for a 4th FP for Soarin' to do before or after Coral Reef.

I would keep both of the ADR's. If they are spaced out well it will give you a rest time. It also, really doesn't take much longer to eat at a TS compared to a QS & it is lots more fun.

We love Coral Reef. Their salad for an appetizer is always one of the best I find anywhere on disney property. And this last time I got a porkchop that was delicious.

When are you going? Don’t forget there are lots of festivals throughout the year which have food booths that are fun to try out!

Also, what time are your ADRs and who else is in your party?

We are a party of seven. Three adults, four kids (dd 17, ds 10, dd 2, dd 1). Our ADRs are: Akershus 1:30 and Coral Reef 830. Oh and we are going in April.

I was in a similar situation to you - we had 2 ADR's booked for our one Epcot day (Garden Grill PPO and Rose & Crown dinner) but I've since dropped R&C and am thinking of cancelling GG too. With Flower & Garden on there are so many booths to eat from, and there are a bunch of great QS that I think that it is a better to try out some of those (for our situation). I haven't eaten at either of your choices so don't have an opinion on them.

I was in a similar situation to you - we had 2 ADR's booked for our one Epcot day (Garden Grill PPO and Rose & Crown dinner) but I've since dropped R&C and am thinking of cancelling GG too. With Flower & Garden on there are so many booths to eat from, and there are a bunch of great QS that I think that it is a better to try out some of those (for our situation). I haven't eaten at either of your choices so don't have an opinion on them.

We are doing Akershus for the princesses, my two yr old is into princesses, but just Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel. I'm thinking about dropping Akershus, because not sure that my ten years old will like the food. We also have Cindy's booked, but I might drop it also because all we could get is breakfast and I honestly am struggling if it is even worth it.

Illuminations is the evening fireworks at 9pm. But there is more to it than just fireworks.

I'm ok with missing it if it means that my 17 yes old gets to eat at where she wants. She is super helpful at home and always puts others before herself. This is her special treat for being such an awesome kid.

Each of the kids has their own ADR that they love. Ten years old has TRex and the two yr old has Crystal Palace.

I'm ok with missing it if it means that my 17 yes old gets to eat at where she wants. She is super helpful at home and always puts others before herself. This is her special treat for being such an awesome kid.

Each of the kids has their own ADR that they love. Ten years old has TRex and the two yr old has Crystal Palace.
There is no other time to eat at Coral Reef? It's usually VERY easy to get in to any time you want
And others have asked, what is it about Coral Reef that appeals to her? If it's just the aquarium, you can see that without eating. If it's eating around an aquarium, you can even do that outside of Disney. Landry's has a chain called Aquarium Cafe (we have one in Nashville)

Should I cancel an ADR to have more touring time? Is Epcot need that amount of touring time?
Two reservations is a bit much when you only have one day, unless you have been there countless times and you don't need to see everything. Which it sounds like this will be essentially a first visit for the family.

Akershus 1:30 and Coral Reef 830.
With these times i would do the Akershus if the princess meets are a must.
but just Elsa, Anna
I don't think they are there at this restaurant only at the meet and greet at Norway ( i could be wrong). If the other princesses are not important i would cancel - it is expensive and food is just ok. An 8:30pm coral reef with two kids under 2 doesn't seem like the best idea - cranky, tired kids in a TS restaurant is never pleasant for anyone. If you had an earlier reservation i wouldn't necessarily see a problem but little ones can't handle the parks like the older kids. Maybe see if you can snag and earlier coral reef -- it is a neat restaurant - the reviews are a little mixed but generally good.

You are also going during flower and garden which has many outdoor kitchens and amazing food to sample around the world showcase. My traveling party is actually considering canceling some of our Epcot reservations because there is so much good food available.

There is no other time to eat at Coral Reef? It's usually VERY easy to get in to any time you want
And others have asked, what is it about Coral Reef that appeals to her? If it's just the aquarium, you can see that without eating. If it's eating around an aquarium, you can even do that outside of Disney. Landry's has a chain called Aquarium Cafe (we have one in Nashville)

I have been checking Coral Reef and that was the only ADR. Is Illuminations really that much of a must see? I think we would be ok with missing it, but I'm going to YouTube it to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter